WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

June a Record Month for New Boat Sales

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
The numbers are in (from Statistical Surveys) for June new boat sales across the country and it was a banner month. Pontoon sales up 22.7% -- Wakesport boats up 24% -- Personal Watercraft up 27.6% -- Jet boats up 27.3% -- Bowriders/deckboats up 12%. Doubt if those kind of increases will continue through the summer since most boat dealer inventories are pretty low at the moment and the manufacturers are scrambling to catch-up with demand.

MK1MOD0

Reaction score
Great news. Glad to see the industry doing well.

Reactions: DWC

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Correct Craft's Nautique brand had it's record sales month in the history of the company.

Get ready for all the deals coming this fall and winter when all the covid newbies who bought their first boat decided it is too much of a pain to own, no place to store, too much cleaning, their vehicle doesn't tow it very well, or they just can't afford it.

Reaction score
The numbers are in (from Statistical Surveys) for June new boat sales across the country and it was a banner month. Pontoon sales up 22.7% -- Wakesport boats up 24% -- Personal Watercraft up 27.6% -- Jet boats up 27.3% -- Bowriders/deckboats up 12%. Doubt if those kind of increases will continue through the summer since most boat dealer inventories are pretty low at the moment and the manufacturers are scrambling to catch-up with demand.

wonder if the jetboat numbers are for those over grown PWC type with rotax, or tradition low pro, big block, jetboats ?

buck35

Reaction score
I thought there was nothing to be had after April or May.....

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
wonder if the jetboat numbers are for those over grown PWC type with rotax, or tradition low pro, big block, jetboats ?

It’s gonna be the yamaha and sea doo style boats for sure. I think there’s only two main mfg’s actually building jet boats right now? Tahiti and shockwave.. there is a few boutique builders building gullwings. I believe advantage will still build you one, but haven’t built one in awhile.

Ouderkirk

Reaction score
Sold one of my boats in less than two weeks at a significant premium. It was time to get out, because of the market. I was NEVER going to go $$$ positive on that sale in a normal economy.

I'm waiting the market to September to see what pops at the end of the season and to see if the higher price pressure holds or folds.

Riverryder

Reaction score

Yamaha jet boats...
Yamaha was giving them away not to long ago. 4 months no payment I think I saw. Now it’s 0 down no payments for 3 months..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bk2drvr

Reaction score
Its really bizarre that expensive toys would spike in sales in the face of potentially severe financial uncertainty. It doesn't make any sense at all. I think this goes to show how diverse employment is and how well small/med businesses are doing. However you have to keep in mind that the folks buying boats and lining launch ramps at local lakes represent a sliver of our population.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Its really bizarre that expensive toys would spike in sales in the face of potentially severe financial uncertainty. It doesn't make any sense at all. I think this goes to show how diverse employment is and how well small/med businesses are doing. However you have to keep in mind that the folks buying boats and lining launch ramps at local lakes represent a sliver of our population.
Just my day to day observation, but I'd say 90% of people in this country are financially retarded. People continue to get lucky and parlay that into future stupidity. It will come crashing down eventually....

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I sold my old jetboat day cruiser for an amazing number. It was a great boat, but I am ready for more freeboard and a little more room. Pending on this winter, I may do a pontoon myself, but only if the boat market pulls back some. I'm very tempted to sell my little outboard, but the family would freak not having a boat.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
It might just be the “fuck it we’re all gonna die” mentality might as well live it up. Live for today. Not that there’s anything wrong with that, until the bill comes due.😂

old rigger

Reaction score

Reminds me of the 1970’s Bob.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
The jet boat numbers are for the 'over-sized' PWCs with twin Rotax power.
Reminds me of the 1970’s Bob.
So true, with the 'boom' or 'bust' 70s, there was never a dull moment.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Correct Craft's Nautique brand had it's record sales month in the history of the company.

Get ready for all the deals coming this fall and winter when all the covid newbies who bought their first boat decided it is too much of a pain to own, no place to store, too much cleaning, their vehicle doesn't tow it very well, or they just can't afford it.

Fuck those stupid banks, if the bank didn’t loan it to me i wouldn’t own it, it’ll be like ceiling fans and appliances of 2007 just watch.
Cash for keys will be on boats and SUV’s come March of next year.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
IMG_0503.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gqchris

Reaction score
I dont understand how people can be buying big ticket items right now. Holy shit its this overinflated pumped up fake economy. I cant believe what we are all witnessing right now.

Dalton

Reaction score

a lot of people spend money when they get nervous