WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Looks like BLM Season could be in jeopardy - err MLB

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Could this young season of taking a knee be put on hold? Say it isn't so...what will all those privileged baseball players do?!

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score
I don't know if I'll watch anymore either, but it kills me that the left is using sports to further their agenda to divide us. It's all part of the playbook driven by the left wing
companies that help fund sports. No one can speak out about it without being labeled a racist, so we all deal with it or we stop watching and complain about BLM, yet it
is exactly what they want. We are being manipulated and trained as we speak.

PDQH2O

Reaction score
And a good percentage of players aren't even from this country, but they are more than happy to come here, play a game and collect millions of US dollars.

How does anyone put up with that disrespecting America nonsense? When does the MLB boycott start?

USMC2010

Reaction score
And a good percentage of players aren't even from this country, but they more than happy to come here, play a game and collect millions of US dollars.

How does anyone put up with that disrespecting America nonsense? When does the MLB boycott start?
It started after opening day.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
99 days all this Pathetic bullshit coming to a screechin halt.Historic Republican and Trump Landslide victory 11/3/20.Post all the negative,re run,wore out rhetoric you want,the fuck ups are about to understand what built the United States.

PDQH2O

Reaction score
99 days all this Pathetic bullshit coming to a screechin halt.Historic Republican and Trump Landslide victory 11/3/20.Post all the negative,re run,wore out rhetoric you want,the fuck ups are about to understand what built the United States.

Hope you're right but I'm not so sure at this point. I think it may escalate after November, given the big money support they're already receiving. I'd gladly be wrong on this one.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Hope you're right but I'm not so sure at this point. I think it may escalate after November, given the big money support they're already receiving. I'd gladly be wrong on this one.
Don't forget how the media said killary Clinton had like a 95-99% chance of winning the morning of election day and got an electoral college whooping of a life time. Don't believe everything you read.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
What Dave said for SURE. BEST FRIEND RUNS Fox Sports/ Ohio, and told me the cable company can see what your box is doing 24/7, so if you watch, they get more for advertising. If you shut it off while they are kneeling, they can see the drop in views - less advertising $$$$. The only way to “voice” your opinion is to hurt them in the wallet. If we don’t watch all the overpaid stupid uneducated overgrown kids getting paid millions to play back yard games, they won’t keep getting the $$$. If you think voting is November is important, then voting daily by activity is also important. If you want to see boat/car racing, set your box to record. It’s what the box is doing is what they can see. Look for what you DO want, and “watch”. I’m not going to see one second of MLB/NFL/NBA - I HATE privledged people acting like thugs, poor me, hating the country that gives them all they want. These are the people that say defund, but protect me from the masses while I make $300,000/hr!!! FUCK ALL OF THEM - do what Dave says!!

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
No way the Far Left represents the core population of the United States.The fucked up cable news & print media might believe the destruction of businesses and our entire Economy is acceptable.11/3/20 will be their wake up.Moderate Democrat business owners and investors will be voting for Trump in Historic #s.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I don't know if I'll watch anymore either, but it kills me that the left is using sports to further their agenda to divide us. It's all part of the playbook driven by the left wing
companies that help fund sports. No one can speak out about it without being labeled a racist, so we all deal with it or we stop watching and complain about BLM, yet it
is exactly what they want. We are being manipulated and trained as we speak.

There’s some conservative pundits who say it’s all related.

Marxism stands against against traditional family structures.

With no man in the house, entertainers and celebrities become the guiding force in kids’ lives.

And not coincidentally, look at the values celebrities and sports figures are pushing...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I have until 7-30 to cancel my NBA pack. Guess what I am doing tonight. Its hard to do but necessary. They fucked it all up with this political shit.
F them

Until thousands like you , they Just Don't Get It.

They WILL, when the time comes to run the Balance Sheet.

USMC2010

Reaction score
How to end professional sports in the US. First kneel during the national anthem. Second, play a game in a stadium with no fans. 3rd, expect anyone to show up after. They will only have the dirt bags of dirt bags in house watching if them at all.

oldschool

Reaction score
Curious, are you guys as hostile towards the guys that don’t kneel?

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score
Coming from an ex professional player in the MLB they can go FUCK THEMSELVES! I still have many friends in the big leagues either as players or coaches! Sorry, but disrespecting our country the country that has given you the opportunity to make millions for your family playing a sport! Mookie Betts signing a $400mil contract and kneeling! Go eat a dick! Just like the NFL they can do the same. The Cowboys could not wear stickers honoring the Dallas PD officers killed, but now all players can wear BLM stickers and stickers with initials of those killed by police! F your double standard!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shippingguy

2007 Ultra 27 Shadow
Reaction score

I’m not as hostile towards them, but you know what step up and show some leadership! Don’t follow! As for me my father sacrificed 18 months of his life at 19 years old. A Marine Corps M60 machine gunner in Vietnam and many of his close friends paid the ultimate price. I also see daily all his friends dying each day and the PTSD my father suffers as well the four brain surgeries he has had since 1972 because of Agent Orange! My father then put 21 years of his life out there to serve and protect the community as a police officer! So for me this cuts deep!

grumpy88

Reaction score
Me personally , no . If you stand while a bunch of the other teammates take a knee I will support you . Sports figures and salaries grew out of proportion about 20 years ago . This will be there recession .

skiracr

Catalina Ski Race, Boat # 222
Reaction score
Coming from an ex professional player in the MLB they can go FUCK THEMSELVES! Sorry, but disrespecting our country the country that has given you the opportunity to make millions for your family playing a sport! Mookie Betts signing a $400mil contract and kneeling! Go eat a dick! Just like the NFL they can do the same. The Cowboys could not wear stickers honoring the Dallas PD officers killed, but now all players can wear BLM stickers and stickers with initials of those killed by police! F your double standard!!

I agree 1000%. Complete bull shit. I'm at the point where I have written off the NFL and now the MLB.
After the Houston cheating scandal I lost all Faith in that sport. You basically said it's ok to cheat kids, nothing will happen to you. Management and up should've been banned for life and the players banned for a year with the Houston name changed. But instead we change the NFL Redskins name because it offends people. Fuck you. Complete bullshit. Now I heard the NBA is allowing players to wear messages on their backs to support BLM instead of their names. WTF are we doing. It should be every athletes dream to wear their name on their Jersey. You earned that. Don't get me wrong, there are some great ones left in the games like Drew Brees' attitude, and he got shamed for it. Fuckin done.

I watch hockey, where men can be men and play the game they love without the political BS. When the "kneeling" started the NHL commissioner said you will stand for your national anthem and the anthem of your opponent or you will not play in this league. If they felt they needed to kneel they had to do it in the locker room.
Rant over.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Me personally , no . If you stand while a bunch of the other teammates take a knee I will support you . Sports figures and salaries grew out of proportion about 20 years ago . This will be there recession .
support what? a false narrative? You are correct on there recession happening now.

USMC2010

Reaction score
I agree 1000%. Complete bull shit. I'm at the point where I have written off the NFL and now the MLB.
After the Houston cheating scandal I lost all Faith in that sport. You basically said it's ok to cheat kids, nothing will happen to you. Management and up should've been banned for life and the players banned for a year with the Houston name changed. But instead we change the NFL Redskins name because it offends people. Fuck you. Complete bullshit. Now I heard the NBA is allowing players to wear messages on their backs to support BLM instead of their names. WTF are we doing. It should be every athletes dream to wear their name on their Jersey. You earned that. Don't get me wrong, there are some great ones left in the games like Drew Brees' attitude, and he got shamed for it. Fuckin done.

I watch hockey, where men can be men and play the game they love without the political BS. When the "kneeling" started the NHL commissioner said you will stand for your national anthem and the anthem of your opponent or you will not play in this league. If they felt they needed to kneel they had to do it in the locker room.
Rant over.
Drew Breese is as bad as the rest of them, there are photos of him kneeling. He started out on a stance and then caved to the pressure. As for hockey, I can't figure it out. Instead of trying I will enjoy my time away from all of them.

Last edited:

skiracr

Catalina Ski Race, Boat # 222
Reaction score
Drew Breese is as bad as the rest of them, there are photos of him kneeling. He started out on a stance and then caved to the pressure. As for hockey, I can't figure it out. Instead of trying I will enjoy my time away from all of them.
I didn't know that about Brees, I just saw the initial interview where he talked about his dad. Thanks for the lesson. Sad that he changed his stance, even after his father fought for this great country and our flag in the military. Disgraceful. Stupid. Fuck.

grumpy88

Reaction score
support what? a false narrative? You are correct on there recession happening now.
Maybe I didn't phrase it right . I respect the player that stands while the a holes take a knee . At some point though the righteous players need to take a stand against the league and there fellow players . Same as the Leo who watch there gov and mayors belittle them but continue to offer protection . At some point it's time to walk away . I have a lot more free time now that sports are not part of my life

USMC2010

Reaction score
Maybe I didn't phrase it right . I respect the player that stands while the a holes take a knee . At some point though the righteous players need to take a stand against the league and there fellow players . Same as the Leo who watch there gov and mayors belittle them but continue to offer protection . At some point it's time to walk away . I have a lot more free time now that sports are not part of my life
I could have read it wrong too, it's a monday and rum ends the day, LOL.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I have until 7-30 to cancel my NBA pack. Guess what I am doing tonight. Its hard to do but necessary. They fucked it all up with this political shit.
F them

Maybe this will help.
Spurs coach says anyone still not behind Black Lives Matter is “ignorant”...

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
And a good percentage of players aren't even from this country, but they are more than happy to come here, play a game and collect millions of US dollars.

The boycott started for me about 32 years ago!! Fuck ALL stick and ball sports!!! If anybody watches that shit, they are the problem. I hate to see Americans slobbering over out of Country people.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, Trump would be better than sleepy Joe. But what will be different after the election if Trump wins. He is in office now, and can’t do shit about all this crap. I just see another couple of years and billions spent on investigations of how the election was rigged by Russians or some other bullshit agenda to drag us down. Folks, we are in modern civil war. Prepare.

USMC2010

Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong, Trump would be better than sleepy Joe. But what will be different after the election if Trump wins. He is in office now, and can’t do shit about all this crap. I just see another couple of years and billions spent on investigations of how the election was rigged by Russians or some other bullshit agenda to drag us down. Folks, we are in modern civil war. Prepare.
Joe is a pawn for who will be the VP. With Trump at least there are "some" brakes on the madness.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
F them
Don't hesitate to cancel. If you end up like a crack addict in withdrawal just wait it out. I'm betting they'll have a 1/3 price offer very soon.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Don't hesitate to cancel. If you end up like a crack addict in withdrawal just wait it out. I'm betting they'll have a 1/3 price offer very soon.

I just cancelled it.....I am standing strong.

The only reason I cancelled my tix in the past was when Sterling was there and I took a stance. After cancelling he got pushed out but I didn't want them anymore.

I don't look back :)

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I just cancelled it.....I am standing strong.

The only reason I cancelled my tix in the past was when Sterling was there and I took a stance. After cancelling he got pushed out but I didn't want them anymore.

I don't look back :)
😁 I didn't think you really Gave A Fuk anymore.😊
Not much different than me and the NFL some years back.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
As a former MLB player, i am completely and utterly appalled by the decision our commissioner has taken. Our sport has never been about politics. Our sport has always brought people together. Think about 9/11 and the Yankees wearing FDNY and NYPD Hats. Think about the Boston Bombing and the speech David Ortiz gave to the Boston Crowd and America. "This is OUR FUCKIN CITY." Police officers are in every dugout. From AAA to the big leagues these men and women protect us players from the odd unruly fan. And now MLB has decided to pick a side. MLB should never pick a side. If they wanted to do this BLM thing so be it. But the Next day shoulda been a Blue Lives Matter day. Players, whether they wanted to or not, have a BLM patch on their jerseys. This is insane. Anyhow on Facebook we have a few MLB player groups and MiLB player groups and i wrote this little tirade.......

"I also need to get this off my chest. I have loved baseball for as long as I can remember. I wanted to be a big leaguer since before i can remember. I was lucky enough to accomplish that dream. I have always felt MLB was a brotherhood like no other. We didnt care if you were black white jewish asian liked 350 lb girls drank too much liked showing your butthole to everyone. Everyone had their place in the game. But now MLB has taken a side. They have picked a political side. Why? What in the fuck? If they did this BLM shit ok. The next day shoulda been a Blue Lives Matter Day. But they didnt. Police officers have been at every game i ever played in to protect us players on the field. We just shit all over those guys. We just told them you arent welcome anymore. The Yankees wore NYPD hats after 9/11. We were in solidarity with each other as Americans. We were thankful that our officers and FD ran into harms way to save lives. They risked it all for us. And now they simply dont matter? Fuck you MLB for making a political decision. FUCK YOU for putting me at odds with my brothers of another color. They HAVE to support BLM. And You know what Black Lives Matter to me too. But they dont matter any more or less that white asian or latino lives. FUCK YOU MLB for making me not love the game I wanted to show my 8 year old son and teach him. I am only watching the KBO and UFC now. Fuck You MLB for getting political."

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
As a former MLB player, i am completely and utterly appalled by the decision our commissioner has taken. Our sport has never been about politics. Our sport has always brought people together. Think about 9/11 and the Yankees wearing FDNY and NYPD Hats. Think about the Boston Bombing and the speech David Ortiz gave to the Boston Crowd and America. "This is OUR FUCKIN CITY." Police officers are in every dugout. From AAA to the big leagues these men and women protect us players from the odd unruly fan. And now MLB has decided to pick a side. MLB should never pick a side. If they wanted to do this BLM thing so be it. But the Next day shoulda been a Blue Lives Matter day. Players, whether they wanted to or not, have a BLM patch on their jerseys. This is insane. Anyhow on Facebook we have a few MLB player groups and MiLB player groups and i wrote this little tirade.......

"I also need to get this off my chest. I have loved baseball for as long as I can remember. I wanted to be a big leaguer since before i can remember. I was lucky enough to accomplish that dream. I have always felt MLB was a brotherhood like no other. We didnt care if you were black white jewish asian liked 350 lb girls drank too much liked showing your butthole to everyone. Everyone had their place in the game. But now MLB has taken a side. They have picked a political side. Why? What in the fuck? If they did this BLM shit ok. The next day shoulda been a Blue Lives Matter Day. But they didnt. Police officers have been at every game i ever played in to protect us players on the field. We just shit all over those guys. We just told them you arent welcome anymore. The Yankees wore NYPD hats after 9/11. We were in solidarity with each other as Americans. We were thankful that our officers and FD ran into harms way to save lives. They risked it all for us. And now they simply dont matter? Fuck you MLB for making a political decision. FUCK YOU for putting me at odds with my brothers of another color. They HAVE to support BLM. And You know what Black Lives Matter to me too. But they dont matter any more or less that white asian or latino lives. FUCK YOU MLB for making me not love the game I wanted to show my 8 year old son and teach him. I am only watching the KBO and UFC now. Fuck You MLB for getting political."

awesome post

USMC2010

Reaction score

I was in NYC during 9/11. I attended the first MLB game after. Actually bit was the first professional sports in the country, a Mets game. The patriotism was insane. Sadly just a few months later after coming home from Iraq you could see how quickly it faded.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
ShippingGuy and Dirtbag have the right to say what they said, and anybody with a little bit of a brain should listen, and follow them. I'm totally done with any 3 letter capital sport - fuck all of them. Let the ratings/season seat holders drop, cut their pay, then see if BLM comes to their aid. These dumbasses are all being played - tell me how many 20's/30's guys own tickets - FUCK THEM ALL

Nokomis

Nobody
Reaction score
Millionaires playing a game for billionaires with lefty media companies selling ads to corporations like Pepsi, Nike, Amazon and others who give hundreds of millions to BLM.

No thanks. I'll spend more time on the water, in the woods, or fucking my wife.