Well this is awesome, NEXT

4Waters

Reaction score
20200804_194129.jpg

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Pffttt.

All he has to do is Just load em up with a flu virus and send ‘er over.
We’ll cut our own throats without delay.
It doesn’t take a nuke to beat us. Just shut down Starbucks...we’ll fold like a lawn chain

cxr

Reaction score
You wanna play a game ThermoNuclear War :)

WW3 is knocking any little spark to set it off now :(

4Waters

Reaction score
My question is will it be a nuclear weapon or a dirty nuke?

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
I have watched a ton of angles and it definitely looks like a missle strike. The fire was probably set as a way to hit their target.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
we cant even beat the fuckin Chinese Flu .....

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
Yup...we killed us.
PS, I'm reading a children's novel that you recommended.... I put it down, after it got too dark outside to read.... I should have it read in a few days.... my Honeys next up to read... than my boys...
thanks for the Recommendation!!!

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
The key word in the article is probably. Like, am I going to win the lottery tomorrow? Probably not. 😁

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Those ICBM's would be shot down so damn quick its not even funny. I kinda hope he does so we can send one his way and finish that shit box...remember this exact scenario is practiced multiple times a year with a missile from the Marshall Islands.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Those ICBM's would be shot down so damn quick its not even funny. I kinda hope he does so we can send one his way and finish that shit box...remember this exact scenario is practiced multiple times a year with a missile from the Marshall Islands.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I watched several different missile simulations ran when I toured the control room at the Cobra Dane in Shemya.
(It’s mentioned in that movie war games)

The cobra Dane is ran by Raytheon (and designed and built by Raytheon as well) and is still the primary advanced warning mechanism we have. It’s a Cold War relic, but yet still a major defense asset.
NASA contracts with Raytheon for earths orbital debris catalogue...there’s now over 40,000 orbital items to avoid during a space launch....Cobra Dane tracks them all...
Queen Match (Reagan’s Star Wars missiles) was also developed on Shemya and I got to explore the silo and launch control bunker.

This was over 25 years ago and at that point we could defend against everything except a literal wave of missiles.
A North Korean missile launched from N Korea today has zero chance of a successful North American impact.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I watched several different missile simulations ran when I toured the control room at the Cobra Dane in Shemya.

The cobra Dane is ran by Raytheon (and designed and built by Raytheon as well) and is still the primary advanced warning mechanism we have. It’s a Cold War relic, but yet still a major defense asset.
NASA contracts with Raytheon for earths orbital debris catalogue...there’s now over 40,000 orbital items to avoid during a space launch....Cobra Dane tracks them all...
Queen Match (Reagan’s Star Wars missiles) was also developed on Shemya and I got to explore the silo and launch control bunker.

This was over 25 years ago and at that point we could defend against everything except a literal wave of missiles.
A North Korean missile launched from N Korea today has zero chance of a successful North American impact.
After working around the ports, I came to the realization that a shipping container is much more dangerous than a missile...

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Anybody know what they replaced the SAC (Strategic Air Command) with?

I remember driving through the middle of Nevada on my way to Oregon about 13 years ago and going by a Naval base in the middle of nowhere. It was nothing but a chain-link fence and inside of it was missile silo bumps for as far as the eye could see.

Howard23

Reaction score

I have been on Shemya a hand full of times (mid / late 90's) .... Interesting place for sure!!! Landing there was always a fun experience to be had. I worked on the Rock (Adak Island) for two years during the BRAC Shutdown. The history of those Islands are very interesting to say the least.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I have been on Shemya a hand full of times (mid / late 90's) .... Interesting place for sure!!! Landing there was always a fun experience to be had. I worked on the Rock (Adak Island) for two years during the BRAC Shutdown. The history of those Islands are very interesting to say the least.

Yes, to say the least!
I used to go to Shemya every year from mid summer to late fall, usually for 12 weeks or so. (Civilian DoD)
It’s amazing how little that people know about our assets.
Everyone has heard of Cheyenne Mountain.
But it gets its data from the Dane.
Then you have the SAC boys on their little base within a base fully self contained. They fly the Cobra Ball planes. Most people know about AWACS planes, with the large disc on it. But few know about the Cobra Ball.

While I was there the Ball stayed in the air 24/7. One would take off to start it’s flight and a bit later the other one would land at the end of its flight.
Raytheon, Strategic Air Command, CH2Mhill, Lockheed, active duty AF, and who knows how many spooks from 3 letter agencies would all be at the composite club on any given night. You never really knew who was sitting next to you unless it was a GI or co worker. Back then it was an active base and there was around 400 active duty stationed there. Most very young one stripers getting there overseas TDY out of the way. The base commander was ALWAYS a Light Colonel or less who drew a punishment assignment for fucking up somewhere else.
You’d be drinking with a one striper the night before, and the next day he’d have his rifle in your back if you strayed from a designated work area.
The entire island is secret clearance required just to get off the plane. Any work or whatever requires further “zone” clearance. We started drilling outside the generator plant one morning and within seconds a wave of Sp’s had us prone and at gun point. Lol
We had all our clearances, and permits, but base commander failed to notify generator plant security. The generator plant is the most secure facility on the island. Even more than the Dane. No power, no spy shit.
At that time the gen engines were the largest internal combustion engines in the world, at meat that’s what they told me. The techs walked inside the crank cases to check stuff.

People go on about how contractors get this bid or that bid and benefit on backdoor deals but the truth is that it seems few realize that these are the companies that can actually perform and deliver the product, and actually build advanced prototypes to shop.
Not to mention even navigating the maze of bureaucracy. Lockheed Martin (skunkworks), Raytheon, CH2Mhill, Motorola, etc are integral parts of our defense machine.
You can’t just erase decades of mutual cooperation to the lowest bidder. It doesn’t work.

Last edited:

DaveH

Reaction score
Anybody know what they replaced the SAC (Strategic Air Command) with?

I remember driving through the middle of Nevada on my way to Oregon about 13 years ago and going by a Naval base in the middle of nowhere. It was nothing but a chain-link fence and inside of it was missile silo bumps for as far as the eye could see.
are you referring to the munitions storage near Hawthorne NV? its run by the Army. Massive complex of underground storage bunkers as far as you can see. i was told its one of the biggest munitions depots we have.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
are you referring to the munitions storage near Hawthorne NV? its run by the Army. Massive complex of underground storage bunkers as far as you can see. i was told its one of the biggest munitions depots we have.

May have been. I thought it was weird that it said it was a Naval base since there was no water for miles?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score

We wondered what that was when we drove through there some years back.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
May have been. I thought it was weird that it said it was a Naval base since there was no water for miles?

The Naval bombing range east of Fallon is awesome.

Howard23

Reaction score

Yes it has a Navy Base affiliation within the fences in areas. NUWC / NAVSEA (Undersea Warfare Station Annex)
I spent many weeks in the middle of winter in a few of those bunkers back in the early 90's
Snow the entire time I was there and Cold AF!!!
Good times ... Ha!

DaveH

Reaction score
most dont realize it.....but right off the 405 freeway between Huntigton and Seal is another large naval munitions complex complete with underground storage facilities like Hawthorne just smaller in scale. had a friend that worked there quite a while ago.....was told it was used mainly to supply weapons for naval ships right there in Huntington/Seal beach.

Taboma

Reaction score
most dont realize it.....but right off the 405 freeway between Huntigton and Seal is another large naval munitions complex complete with underground storage facilities like Hawthorne just smaller in scale. had a friend that worked there quite a while ago.....was told it was used mainly to supply weapons for naval ships right there in Huntington/Seal beach.

In 78' I relocated from OC to SD to Supt. the electrical contract for new Tomahawk and Nuke storage at Naval Air Station North Island. This included a gen backed up Reactionary Force Facility (Living and sleeping quarters for the RF guys who would kill you if you attempted a breech. ), a Missile repair facility and rocket engine test site. Double row barb wire fencing, enough perimeter lighting to rival a football stadium. Scuttle butt was they were providing ship tomahawk missile storage and relocation (Temp perhaps) of nukes from Seal Beach. now over 20 years later, google aerials show security fencing now has gaps and vehicle tracks suggesting the once prevalent super high security is now somewhat lax, perhaps the big bang sticks have been relocated ?

Shot this last Friday from Cabrillo National monument, the place was packed with out of state AZ, GA and FL, tourista cars ---- yeah, the weather was perfect ;)
Dropped down to Rosecrans and grabbed a couple of Tony's tacos, drove out to Shelter Island and sat at a table watching the boats cruise by. Decided, fuck Havasu, we're going back to the ocean where we were 25 years ago. Started frantically checking for sale listings for 40' Sports Fishers --- FUCK, there's none to be found unless it's the ones that should be sawed up and scrapped. :mad: Front page San Diego Log --- article, how used big boat sales is completely off the hook and the brokerages have almost nothing left to sell.
Funny, while having lunch we watched some mega sized tourist "Go Fast" boat zig-zagging through the bay like some drunk jet skier, then he hangs a hard 180 at speed and we could hear all the tourists screaming in unison. 😂

San Diego Harbor ent 8-7-20.jpg