WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Need new 4x4 DRW 1 ton truck

GMD

Reaction score
Buying another boat, but this one requires a 1 ton truck to pull it.
Seems like the Ford dealers don’t really care to sell trucks and the Ram dealers are willing to be reasonable on pricing. Any referrals on dealers.
looking to buy in the next week.

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
I just bought a new to me Ram 2500 Diesel from Yucca Valley Chrysler/dodge/Ram and it was an easy deal. I believe they have a couple 1 ton DRW on the lot.

Call and ask for Justin Ulsh at 760-228-1818. Great guy and easy to work with.

Buying another boat, but this one requires a 1 ton truck to pull it.
Seems like the Ford dealers don’t really care to sell trucks and the Ram dealers are willing to be reasonable on pricing. Any referrals on dealers.
looking to buy in the next week.

Reactions: GMD

GMD

Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I’ll look into it. Gordon

petie6464

Reaction score
Six in a row ready to tow-

Only issues will be emissions related and they suck. How Chrysler and or Cummins hasn't got into a class action over emission problems is amazing, it's worse than Covid!

alpha 1

Reaction score
DAVE SMITH in Idaho for RAM or GM I've got a 2018 ford F350 DRW 4X4 that I'm thinking I should sell Had a 33 ft SeaRay that I have sold don't really need the truck any more 12,000 mi send me a message if your interested

HitIt

Reaction score
I was talking to a Ford dealer about how much cheaper the Rams were. He laughed and said something like "Of course they are cheaper. If they were the same price, Ram wouldn't sell any trucks."

I think he is probably right. That said, all of the trucks are incredibly capable and pretty amazing these days. Pick your budget, drive the big 3 in your price range, and pick your favorite. I don't think any have any glaring weak links thought the occasional bad apple shows up regardless of the brand. Except for the Silverado. That it one ugly mofo ;)

Cdog

Reaction score
So where are all the no BS Ford dealers?

f12517

Reaction score

^^^this^^^
I'm in the market for a new service truck, have been for a year. No one wants to deal. I'm happy to order and wait to get what I want.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I bought mine from Huntington Beach Ram. Pricing was extremely good and they are known for it, but they won't coddle you if you need special customer service. They sell by volume.

Meaney77

Reaction score
I thought there was also a Ford Dealer in ID that also had unbeatable prices?

wishiknew

Reaction score
^^^this^^^
I'm in the market for a new service truck, have been for a year. No one wants to deal. I'm happy to order and wait to get what I want.
Call Jason Holley at Selman Chevrolet

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Call Corning Ford. They sell trucks all over the western US because they don't play games. Small town in Northern CA that is like the 4th largest ford truck dealer in the US or something. I have bought several new and used vehicles from them and always been a good, simple deal.

boatpi

Reaction score
Good luck on finding a real steal of a deal, supply chain is broken, even Ford runs out of mufflers last week for F 150's. A real mess, and shipping of parts from overseas has gotten very expensive. As an example HB RAM normally has 500 1500 models, they have 75 now. Rebates of any size are about to go bye bye for awhile. If yo use a truck that is priced right, jump on it. It is not what it was 3 months ago.

Big Chorizo

Reaction score
Sunrise Ford in Fontana was super easy to work with. I purchased my truck from them sight unseen and they delivered it to my house the next day with the contract in hand.

I think someone from Sunrise is a member on here if I recall.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Yeah I'd love to know what boat you can't tow with a new F150??? Paging LOF...

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Havasu, but I’ll buy anywhere for the right truck.
really like a black loaded dually.

larry Miller Tucson ram

ask for Stacey Barnett the GM and tell him Brandon Hayduke referred you. He is a friend of mine for years and he actually just hooked up another friend of mine last week on a DRW and beat the prices of a dealer in Idaho

f12517

Reaction score
Call Corning Ford. They sell trucks all over the western US because they don't play games. Small town in Northern CA that is like the 4th largest ford truck dealer in the US or something. I have bought several new and used vehicles from them and always been a good, simple deal.
Anyone in particular that you worked with at Corning?

Groper

Reaction score
If you have plenty of spare time for Dealerships after you take delivery on your new RAM or GM product then purchase a RAM or GM product.

If you don't like Dealerships after delivery, then buy a FORD :cool: speaking from experience here. ;)

Quicksilver

Reaction score
If you are looking for the max tow rating on the Ram trucks you need to carefully look at how the truck is optioned. To get the 34,000 lb rating it must be a 3500 dually, Aisin transmission, 1,000 engine, and 4.10 gears. With the taller gears the tow rating is only 26,000 lbs, iirc.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
If you are looking for the max tow rating on the Ram trucks you need to carefully look at how the truck is optioned. To get the 34,000 lb rating it must be a 3500 dually, Aisin transmission, 1,000 engine, and 4.10 gears. With the taller gears the tow rating is only 26,000 lbs, iirc.

Those tow ratings are all lies anyway.

A 20 year old truck can tow way more than a new one.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
larry Miller Tucson ram

ask for Stacey Barnett the GM and tell him Brandon Hayduke referred you. He is a friend of mine for years and he actually just hooked up another friend of mine last week on a DRW and beat the prices of a dealer in Idaho
Ill pass your buddy's info along to our company controller. We've gone through all of the big 3 here at work over the past 2 years and the change has alsways been due to the dealer not wanting to deal or work with us at all. even though historically we buy at least 3 brand new vehicles a year. minimum.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Ill pass your buddy's info along to our company controller. We've gone through all of the big 3 here at work over the past 2 years and the change has alsways been due to the dealer not wanting to deal or work with us at all. even though historically we buy at least 3 brand new vehicles a year. minimum.

Good to hear. Stacey is a great guy. He is super into drag racing. Has had a few underground 2000 plus hp Lambos and GTRs.

hallett21

Reaction score
2016 CC 4x4 3500 ram HO Cummins with Aisin. 101832 miles this morning.

Has a service body and tows 10k regularly. No issues, pulls like a freight train [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

530RL

Reaction score

A buddy of mine owns one of the largest Ford dealers in Metro Phoenix. 75% of all their Super Duty's are sold before they hit the ground. Production is still limited, and used prices for diesel Super Duty's are real high.

If no BS is defined by super low price, then small town store selling outside of their territory with more trucks than buyers is your best bet. No reason for a metro phoenix dealer to take 8 or 10 grand off sticker when there are more buyers than inventory at 4 or 5 grand off sticker.

Cdog

Reaction score
A buddy of mine owns one of the largest Ford dealers in Metro Phoenix. 75% of all their Super Duty's are sold before they hit the ground. Production is still limited, and used prices for diesel Super Duty's are real high.

If no BS is defined by super low price, then small town store selling outside of their territory with more trucks than buyers is your best bet. No reason for a metro phoenix dealer to take 8 or 10 grand off sticker when there are more buyers than inventory at 4 or 5 grand off sticker.

Yeah, I'm going to get the best deal possible. I have to buy outside of AZ & CA for reasons. I have X plan and a PCO right now. The link I provided in this thread shows pricing below X plan. I will be ordering exactly what I want. I won't buy an off the lot truck.

It's funny how evasive the ford dealers are with the 1980's negotiation tactics. They would sell a lot more of these if they would cut the shit like Dennis Dillon in ID. Meanwhile...I'll keep digging...

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Not sure if y’all want “new” or “new to me” but these guys in DFW have a ton of used inventory, and they ship.

They mostly deal in work-type trucks and trims, but they have some regular-truck inventory as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

530RL

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm going to get the best deal possible. I have to buy outside of AZ & CA for reasons. I have X plan and a PCO right now. The link I provided in this thread shows pricing below X plan. I will be ordering exactly what I want. I won't buy an off the lot truck.

It's funny how evasive the ford dealers are with the 1980's negotiation tactics. They would sell a lot more of these if they would cut the shit like Dennis Dillon in ID. Meanwhile...I'll keep digging...

My experience is that once you establish a relationship with a dealer, that is exactly what you get. You don't get the dance whether it be in sales or service.

But I am willing to pay a few extra bucks and not try to squeeze the last dollar out of a deal so I get better service and better warranty treatment.

Cdog

Reaction score
My experience is that once you establish a relationship with a dealer, that is exactly what you get. You don't get the dance whether it be in sales or service.

But I am willing to pay a few extra bucks and not try to squeeze the last dollar out of a deal so I get better service and better warranty treatment.

I haven't had any negatives doing business this way yet. My 06 LBZ was bought from a dealer in New Mexico. Van Chevrolet here in Scottsdale has been happy to get paid by GM to take care of any warranty issues. Same with the Chevy dealer that used to be in Savy Ranch Yorba Linda. Same with Audi Scottsdale and our first Q7.

The sales side is separate from the service side.

Every $850 I save buys a set of Hoosier race tires so I can race in a Ford sponsored series....

If it doest work that way with Ford then this will be my first and last one.

GMD

Reaction score
pictures of new boat? Thought a f150 can pull any boat?

I pull my F32 with the F150, but the new boat is big!
I'll post pictures when I get it.

Let's just say, it would kill an F150, even just going down london bridge road to Windsor from our house. lol

Cdog

Reaction score
Update on my progress finding an out of state dealer. So far I found a dealer in east Texas willing to cut 9k+ off the msrp on an ordered truck. This included the PCO offering you can get online. Happy to pass on the info just PM me.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Bahahaha yes and WHAT ? the 6.0 or the 6.4 I skipped those motors, I went from a 7.3 to 6.7 :D

ahhh so the engine that shits cam position sensors out like a old man at Taco Bell and the wonder motor that can figure out how to make def work or cooling systems to last 100k miles. check

Groper

Reaction score
ahhh so the engine that shits cam position sensors out like a old man at Taco Bell and the wonder motor that can figure out how to make def work or cooling systems to last 100k miles. check
LOL so far so good the last F350 went 10yrs without seeing a dealership, im four years in now on this one, still no dealerships 😜
Ohh and i'd never go a 100k on any fluids, 50k on the Radiator flush and refill. ;)