WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

River Eats Recommendations

Boogie651

Reaction score
I tried a quick search on here, but didn’t come up with anything. I’m tired of sandwiches all weekend long on the water.
What do you guys pack for lunch? Especially on longer weekends?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sintax

Reaction score
i like to do some chicken salad wraps, its cold and fresh. Toss in some fresh sliced veggies or whatever your tastes are. My sister will put dried fruit and nuts in hers.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
We typically cook boneless chicken thighs marinaded in teriyaki or some other marinade the day before and bring the leftovers on the boat...

Left over asada works well. along with the jalapeno cheese bread from Food City....

thedan

Reaction score
Costco has frozen, breaded, fully cooked chicken tenders. Thaw by lunchtime, add dips and sides, easy peasy.

Dmangus

Reaction score
The jalapeño cheese bread is so damn good!

We typically cook boneless chicken thighs marinaded in teriyaki or some other marinade the day before and bring the leftovers on the boat... Left over asada works well. along with the jalapeno cheese bread from Food City....

sintax

Reaction score
interestingly enough, a back in June we setup next this family at 3 dunes, man i swear those mexican moms handle business. She was feeding me the whole time I was there, and i'm not even her kid! I told her that she better be careful or i'd just follow them around all weekend.

blue wonder

Reaction score
Tyson buffalo strips
Totinos pizza rolls
El Monterey steak and cheese taquitos

Throw then on the deck and every 3 or so beers flip the bag over, hot delicious food in a few hours

Boogie651

Reaction score
thanks for all the ideas, definitely gonna try some out this weekend. Going to Pirates/Topock/Foxs everyday for food gets expensive quick. Going for alcohol on the other hand, not a problem [emoji23]

Dirtbag

Reaction score
my momma makes these little breakfast burritos with potato egg bacon sausage and cheese. we eat them all day long lol.....they are so damn good. probably a little bit bigger than a eggroll. prolly wraps them in a taco sized tortilla now that i think of it

fmo24

Reaction score
my momma makes these little breakfast burritos with potato egg bacon sausage and cheese. we eat them all day long lol.....they are so damn good. probably a little bit bigger than a eggroll. prolly wraps them in a taco sized tortilla now that i think of it
We do bean and cheese burritos also. Wrap individually in foil then lay on deck to warm up when ready to eat.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Bbq hot dogs then put in buns. Wrap with foil and put in small insulated chest. They'll stay warm and have that baseball stadium all warm feel. Mustard. Done.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

DLC

Reaction score
I usually grill up some hot dogs, brats, burgers With some bushes Baked beans and Potato/ Mac salad. I’ve even grilled up some lamb lollipops.

I’ve got a grill on my toon

Reactions: DWC

RodnJen

Reaction score
Get boneless turkey breast from Costco, chop into chunks. Do the same with Tillamok cheddar. For the healthy side chop strawberries and apples, maybe some grapes. It’s relatively light and healthy. We usually alternate sandwich days with this. For snacks it‘s beef jerky and cheez-its or some kind of chip.

Reactions: AEA

HSR

Reaction score
I am trying this next time out
If it’s cooler out, or you’re under way, you can toss them on the intake or header/manifold to heat stuff in foil up too. We do it all the time in the desert.

I also have a cigarette lighter powered oven/warmer that’s about the size of a lunch box, and a small 12volt crock pot with a locking lid that we use in the desert, or in the pits at races for chili dogs and stuff . They make them for truck drivers. I think they were each around $30 or so, and work pretty good.

wzuber

Reaction score
Get boneless turkey breast from Costco, chop into chunks. Do the same with Tillamok cheddar. For the healthy side chop strawberries and apples, maybe some grapes. It’s relatively light and healthy. We usually alternate sandwich days with this. For snacks it‘s beef jerky and cheez-its or some kind of chip.
Lol....
So lean Turkey protien and cheese protien and fats are "unhealthy", and (mostly)sugar (aka carbs) and a touch of fiber is " healthy"? Were you raised on margarin as "healthy" too? Lol

Last edited:

sintax

Reaction score
IMG_9399.jpg

maybe you guys need this book, I got it as a joke gift when I used to offroad and wheel a lot. I honestly never tried any of the recipies out of it, but maybe its worth a shot. Its got some tasty treats like....

Carolina Stuffed Crabs
Capered Lamb

RVRKID

Reaction score
Get the large burrito size tortillas, sliced turkey, grated cheese, lettuce, tomato if you like it and I add hot peppers. Put it all on the tortilla add Cheese Fantastico dressing and wrap it up in foil. Pretty good in the heat, kind of refreshing with the cold dressing.

HitIt

Reaction score
I got this from someone else here...

Get the fried chicken strips from the grocery story deli counter, a bottle of BBQ sauce, and a pack of King's Hawaiian Rolls. Assemble into sandwiches on the boat. For extra awesomeness, grab a tub of coleslaw from the deli counter as a side or topper for the sandwiches.

fmo24

Reaction score
Lips and assholes

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
When my nephew was young his mom told him this as she did not want him to eat them. One morning in the garage with my dad he says Hey grandpa are hot dogs made from lips and assholes. He about pissed himself laughing

Boogie651

Reaction score
Wrap up some Nathans hot dogs in foil.
Place on deck of boat mid afternoon for 5 minutes.
Add Mustard
Done

We did that this weekend, all I can say is that it was a hit. Will definitely be a part of our staple “river” food. The whole group loved the idea. Thanks!

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
We will do chicken tenders from Safeway quit often. Im good with them out of the cooler. My wife makes an awesome pasta salad that goes down well and we grill hot dogs quit often with the kids. I have this little grill that does just fine
1599601637539.png

DWC

Reaction score
My wife used to spend forever making a ton of different things. Usually ended up being a hassle and her being pissed when i didn’t want the pita, wrap thing with cranberries. We’ve been going with these or homemade versions for the last year. Easy to toss to people floating in the water. Quick snack and back to business
ADDFF358-1D66-402F-A84A-D2D38D6C85D9.jpeg

cole_skier

Reaction score
My wife used to spend forever making a ton of different things. Usually ended up being a hassle and her being pissed when i didn’t want the pita, wrap thing with cranberries. We’ve been going with these or homemade versions for the last year. Easy to toss to people floating in the water. Quick snack and back to business
View attachment 920584

These are great in your golf bag too

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
These are great in your golf bag too

That’s a great idea. My wife keeps them in the freezer. I’ll toss a couple in for the next round