WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Possible Hit and Run Near River Lodge.

2Driver

Reaction score
I didn’t think the posted photo of moored boats was a call-out on the boat in front if the victim's purple boat. I took

Just me?

Last edited:

DWC

Reaction score
The Captain has final call and that call should be geared toward keeping everyone safe. My kids have been mad at me several times because I said "no it's to dangerous" but my decision was based on safety and my kids are alive and unhurt. I'm a dad /Captain first and a friend second.
Agree 100%. Way easier now that the youngest is 20.. When they were younger they wanted the tube out when the boat started. When we bought the Nautique i figured they would be the next Parks Bonifay. I bought DVD’s and even hit the local wake board tourney. Damned if they didn’t just want to do S turns up and down the Colorado. We bought the Magic and i told them it didn’t tow tubes. ;) Way easier to have them pissed than potentially hurt.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Or, someone trying to throw LEO of track
I agree but there was more then 24 hours between the accident and it hitting the internet . We have a place there and i knew about it within 30 minutes . I didnt want yo post bogus info but at the same time saw nothing on the internet via RDP , riverwhips , or google search for over 24 hours . The story becomes more convoluted the longer it goes.

Beautiful Noise

Reaction score
The Yellow Jet boat was the boat towing the 2 on the Tube ........ Not the purple boat .....

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
I ran across this and from what they are saying it’s not a Magic deck boat

Attachments

• 63F1EA04-7AAD-4511-8A0A-C2C2CD966999.png
    63F1EA04-7AAD-4511-8A0A-C2C2CD966999.png
    431.8 KB · Views: 441

Taboma

Reaction score
WTF is a picklefork cigar boat ? I didn't read it NOT being Magic, the only thing I can surmise it might be a tunnel of some kind, 18' or 30' ??

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score
WTF is a picklefork cigar boat ? I didn't read it NOT being Magic, the only thing I can surmise it might be a tunnel of some kind, 18' or 30' ??
I think someone at the beginning of this thread said it was a Magic deck

Taboma

Reaction score

They did, then up a few posts Nordic was mentioned, then I read this pickfork cigar boat description, so not sure who or what to believe. I have no idea, wasn't there, but hopefully there was a credible eye witness.

cakemoto

Reaction score
I agree but there was more then 24 hours between the accident and it hitting the internet . We have a place there and i knew about it within 30 minutes . I didnt want yo post bogus info but at the same time saw nothing on the internet via RDP , riverwhips , or google search for over 24 hours . The story becomes more convoluted the longer it goes.
More like 12 hrs... happen at 515 pm I saw posts at 6 am.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
It was from the comments section in the news article.

Sherry Lynn
September 6, 2020 at 8:21 pm

This is my brother in law I witnessed this happen from a few feet away. If you see this boat it’s a magic deck boat the nose of the boat and the back of the boat is tan the middle of the boat has a design and the colors are blue black and white and then it has a black Bimini top that covers the whole top of the boat

Now this....

Annette Ogle
September 7, 2020 at 5:29 pm

Hi Sherry. My family watched this incident happen on the castle Rock Beach. We gave our description to the sheriffs that came to our marina,, which matches Docs, the boat was grey with orange and yellow. You may want to share an updated description of the boat on river whips.. people on there are looking for the blue and tan boat you mentioned.

boatnam2

Reaction score
Bad call on the Captains choice to put people in the water in that area, let alone the time on a 3 day weekend. We don't even float in that area because its just to narrow and sketchy with all the throttle jockeys on the river and have almost got hit a few times. I wish for a speedy recovery and for things to turn out the best they can be.

retaocleg

Reaction score
my dad would have stroked out if he saw somebody following the same line as him while towing....

cofooter

Reaction score
Sounds like most legit description yet, hopefully the cops have better info than Facebook and they are on it. Gotta be someones river neighbor, friend, aquaintance.......

Loo Dog

Reaction score
So now it MIGHT be a Nordic, with a gray top, some colored flames and what I assume they’re describing as tan seadeck on the front and back. My previous sarcasm stands.

Mototrig

Reaction score
Any word on the kid? So far I heard he is in a coma and has possibly lost an arm (not verified).
Any word on a GoFundMe account for him?

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I don't know if tubing is dangerous, but it involves people. People are a damn dangerous breed. Boats collide, lake lice bang into things, people get hurt flying off of tubes. The one common thing involved, people. Someone may be doing right, and someone else may have a lapse of judgment. Do your best, but sometimes the best choice is to not be trying to watch everyone else. Sometimes the best choice is to not be in the situation at all.

The driver of the towboat, I hope, tried to do things right. Now they have to live with what happened. Passengers have to live with it too. That sucks. Hindsight changes views for all of us. I feel bad for the injured...and from what I read, he lives just over the hill from me.

The driver that took off...has no soul, no heart...not a person I'd like to meet. If most of us hit a submerged log, we throttle down to check our boats. He/she knew what they hit, panicked, and only worried about themselves. They worried possibly about going to jail, or maybe even lawsuits. Sad.

20+ years ago, I may have been the same, or close to. Then again, that person I was is not someone I'd like to meet either. Time will tell, and the truth will come out. Someone knows something...and hopefully tells others. You pay for your sins, either now, or later. Paying now works better, I promise you that. It sounds as though the kid lost an arm. That's harsh at any age. He's lucky he didn't bleed out. Learning to function again will take time, and a whole lot of mental pain most cant fathom.

mobldj

Reaction score
now they are saying it has lucky 7 on it.not confirmed tho.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I was reading some of the stuff on Facebook about this. On different posts the boat in question is referred to as a pontoon, as a picklefork cigar boat and Magic.

Its hard to try to identify anything when the descriptions are all over the place.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
12 people on board and no-one saw anything? 12 people keeping their mouths shut to protect the driver? Or 12 people and they actually didn’t see the kids? Lends more credibility to not seeing them, because 12 people are not keeping a secret. The Sheriff said there was glare in that area, and with a deck boat full of people, especially if they are sitting in front of the driver, it can be hard to see everything.

How about a sketch of the graphics from a witness? Tan sea deck and double bimini sounds more modern than a Magic. Nordic. Domn8tr, etc. There are a few Nordics on the strip though. I cant tell what graphics they are describing, flames, not flames, flames in the middle? A sketch would help tremendously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duramax

Reaction score
12 people on board and no-one saw anything? 12 people keeping their mouths shut to protect the driver? Or 12 people and they actually didn’t see the kids? Lends more credibility to not seeing them, because 12 people are not keeping a secret. The Sheriff said there was glare in that area, and with a deck boat full of people, especially if they are sitting in front of the driver, it can be hard to see everything.

How about a sketch of the graphics from a witness? Tan sea deck and double bimini sounds more modern than a Magic. Nordic. Domn8tr, etc. There are a few Nordics on the strip though. I cant tell what graphics they are describing, flames, not flames, flames in the middle? A sketch would help tremendously.

I have also seen some big wake board boats, a lot of them with tan sea decks, the so called front "pickle fork", and the full length bimini. I can't for the life of me understand why a parent would put kids in the water during a weekend like this....I just can't.

2Driver

Reaction score
I was reading some of the stuff on Facebook about this. On different posts the boat in question is referred to as a pontoon, as a picklefork cigar boat and Magic.

Its hard to try to identify anything when the descriptions are all over the place.

Exactly.
Usually social media helps in these cases, but they have screwed up the
dissemination of data so bad the opportunity to find this guy has been greatly impaired.

Most the posts are difficult to decipher what the person is trying to get across. Who’s boat, your boat, there are 3 boats in the picture. It’s a Magic boat, no the color is Magic blue and wood color too. wtf.

The only thing consistent is the full length dark bimini top people are so fixated on. If the suspect is on social media his top came down immediately.

At least the victim will survive. This is mounting up to be a lost cause unless a picture pops up or on the suspect boat can't live with themselves any longer.

Last edited:

hallett21

Reaction score
@BoatCop

Did you guys have known homes with security cameras faced at the water that you could reference.

if you had video footage above and below the incident 10 mins prior you could at least narrow down this tan/blue/black/Nordic/magic/cigar boat

2Driver

Reaction score

Totally agree. very likely to have never seen the person and thought by steering around the one in the water they were clear.

Multiple people on a tube
....you really have to think about what happens in traffic and current when you distribute the occupants apart from each other.

One kid falls off, you go a couple hundred feet and do 180 to turn around and in doing so the other kid falls off, now you have a a predicament to deal with.

Last edited:

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
https://gf.me/u/yxcujx Don’t know if that will work
I searched there under dominics accident and got 620 hits. Wow a lot of people using that page to raise money it makes you numb to it all. This whole thing is a big storm I see the kid has no insurance does boat insurance for the boat towing him cover this accident? Evidently not.

Lucky Larry

Reaction score
Someone who seemed to be close to the situation posted on ‘Parker Live Online’ that he had not yet lost an arm. Let’s pray he has a full recovery. And if I’m not mistaken, the helo ride is about a $25k ride so I’m sure they’ll need help with that.

“Lucky’s Wife”

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Someone who seemed to be close to the situation posted on ‘Parker Live Online’ that he had not yet lost an arm. Let’s pray he has a full recovery. And if I’m not mistaken, the helo ride is about a $25k ride so I’m sure they’ll need help with that.

“Lucky’s Wife”
My dads helicopter ride was 35k from KRMC to Banner in Phoenix. You are correct. Not cheap.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
They did, then up a few posts Nordic was mentioned, then I read this pickfork cigar boat description, so not sure who or what to believe. I have no idea, wasn't there, but hopefully there was a credible eye witness.

Being a good eye witness is not an easy thing to do. I don't blame the people, they probably have a vivid description in their heads but can't get it out. I remember being robbed when I was a bank teller, actually the teller next to me after I told the guy, before I knew he was a robber, that I couldn't help him. The description I gave of the perp was completely different than the video that came later. For some reason I thought the guy was wearing a backpack. Nope!

Kfabe

Reaction score
This accident and all the information that is coming out proves one thing. That eye witness accounts during a traumatic situation are extremely unreliable. I am by no means defending the guy who hit the kid but if multiple eyewitnesses can’t even come up with a consistent description of the boat in question the guy who hit him may not even know it was his boat. I’d like to believe that if someone knew that they had hit a person in the water they would take accountability. Hopefully this all gets sorted out and the kid who got hit makes a full recovery.