WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Riviera thread got me thinking, whats the deal with the parker development

riverroyal

Reaction score
the one near the dam everyone was so pissed about. That pushed dirt in the river. Then stopped.
Obviously still a shit show?

Daytona47

Reaction score
the one near the dam everyone was so pissed about. That pushed dirt in the river. Then stopped.
Obviously still a shit show?
I have a place right by it. I was told the investor passed away that was funding the project, not sure if that’s true or not heard it from a couple different people.

Backlash

Reaction score
I heard the builder/investor ran out of money. Nothing to back that up other than rumor. It pisses me off every single time we drive by. That entire psuedo development changed the face of the Strip forever..... 🤬

EarpRider

Reaction score
Seems like the same thing happened with a big lot just south of Branson's Resort. They leveled it out and got ready to build and then nothing.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have a place right by it. I was told the investor passed away that was funding the project, not sure if that’s true or not heard it from a couple different people.

Fed Bowden was the bank behind it and he passed away. I’m not sure how all that plays out moving forward as he had sold it to a guy.

I heard the guy ran out of money but who knows..

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Fed Bowden was the bank behind it and he passed away. I’m not sure how all that plays out moving forward as he had sold it to a guy.

I heard the guy ran out of money but who knows..

Fred sold it many years ago. The property owner / developer and his wife were both killed on their Harley in Sturgis two years ago. ( Harley vs. Semi Truck ) This project and their other business's in Parker are tied up in probate court last update I got.

HSR

Reaction score
The person that has it now tried to rezone part of it a month or so ago so they could add some storages to go with the lots. There was some opposition from neighbors. I’m not sure how it played out.

2Driver

Reaction score
Parkers upper river hemorrhoid.

Took a great canyon and made it like you are in the bottom of an
open pit mine. La Paz county couldn't give a shit all they saw was tax dollars. We always said, house 1 will never be built. My neighbor owned the mountain for many years

Had to look at that fucked up mess everyday from our place. LOL Progress!

94C4F7BC-9DDB-43E8-82CF-826E460452A5.jpeg
5157AE9C-64E2-462F-BCC5-F1BB02264B93.jpeg

Last edited:

ikester

Reaction score
La Paz County building department has no business dealing in this type of project. They got 'hoodwinked'.

Wasn’t Me

Reaction score
DJI_0059.JPG

Been watching it from the house forever it seems like.... Been up there a few times and it just looks like they were sorting the rocks out.. Not sure how serious the project ever was... Seems like a great place to lose a bunch of money? Being a contractor I dont see how you get into a project spending that much money and not know what your doing and have all the proper legal agreements in place before you even start..? I sure think it looked a lot better before they started.

Hydroman55

Reaction score
I knew Fred many years ago and never asked why he sold it. Not like him to not finish something.

Mike Honcho

Reaction score
Or to paint it dark green and beige lol. I knew Fred to I heard Todd took it over so it’s anyone’s guess at this point.

I knew Fred many years ago and never asked why he sold it. Not like him to not finish something.

2Driver

Reaction score
View attachment 920788
Been watching it from the house forever it seems like.... Been up there a few times and it just looks like they were sorting the rocks out.. Not sure how serious the project ever was... Seems like a great place to lose a bunch of money? Being a contractor I dont see how you get into a project spending that much money and not know what your doing and have all the proper legal agreements in place before you even start..? I sure think it looked a lot better before they started.

Originally they would only approve about 15 homes on that mountain, the lots were cut, you just didn’t notice it much which would have been cool. The only thing the new owners got was a grading permit from LaPaz and that allowed them to go play in the dirt as long as it didn’t fall in the river below. The new plans called for roughly 60 homes, 1 ramp and 1 dock pending on dredging which was pending a number of environmental studies, all at builders cost. I couldn’t see it ever being approved for dredging . The sewer line is not up there yet and they were going to make the owner put in a make shift sewer treatment plant for the place and widen the highway with turning lanes so I was told by town officials.

When they started to pull the mountain down, I went down and reviewed the plans on file. LOL it isn’t anything like what was submitted for the grading permit. The plans showed winding roads and a lot of the original mountain staying in place, including the peak area which has long since been removed. I bet the pile is 50’ lower than the original Mt. Of course all this above is based on my direct conversations with La Paz planning and town officials. I was reminded that this project is going to be a huge money maker for the county and Parker.

Do the math on 60 homes, even if they were all prefab homes, the lots were skinny. I figured they would have to be $500k + the house maybe more to get their money back.. For what, to roast on a hill, most with out a view and maybe just a ramp. ....LOl ah yeah the river life.

Last edited:

Wasn’t Me

Reaction score
Originally they would only approve about 15 homes on that mountain, the lots were cut, you just didn’t notice it much which would have been cool. The only thing the new owners got was a grading permit from LaPaz and that allowed them to go play in the dirt as long as it didn’t fall in the river below. The new plans called for roughly 60 homes, 1 ramp and 1 dock pending on dredging which was pending a number of environmental studies, all at builders cost. I couldn’t see it ever being approved for dredging . The sewer line is not up there yet and they were going to make the owner put in a make shift sewer treatment plant for the place and widen the highway with turning lanes so I was told by town officials.

When they started to pull the side on the mountain down I went down and reviewed the plans on file. LOL it isn’t anything like what was submitted for the grading permit. The plans showed winding roads and a lot of the original mountain staying in place, including the peak area which has long since been removed. I bet the pile is 50’ lower than the original Mt. Of course all this above is based on my direct conversations with La Paz planning and town officials. I was reminded that this project is going to be a huge money maker for the county and Parker.

Do the math on 60 homes, even if they were all prefab homes, the lots were skinny. I figured they would have to be $500k + the house maybe more to get their money back.. For what, to roast on a hill, most with out a view and maybe just a ramp. ....LOl ah yeah the river life.

wow lots more info than i have ever heard at the bar!! ha ha... Thanks for filling me in.. Aside from how it looked I was hopeful it would bring the needed people to the area so that our food establishments would have reason enough to open up.. We really miss the pizza place, Mexican place and paradise... Shoot I even miss the Blue Bar II although I only ever went a few times. I know I couldn't justify 500K+ to be up on the hill with no launch ramp access... I guess we will have to continue to wait to hear more.. Some day..

2Driver

Reaction score
wow lots more info than i have ever heard at the bar!! ha ha... Thanks for filling me in.. Aside from how it looked I was hopeful it would bring the needed people to the area so that our food establishments would have reason enough to open up.. We really miss the pizza place, Mexican place and paradise... Shoot I even miss the Blue Bar II although I only ever went a few times. I know I couldn't justify 500K+ to be up on the hill with no launch ramp access... I guess we will have to continue to wait to hear more.. Some day..

Ha I built my immune system at Mi Burrito.
Id rather do my own cooking than have another 60 boats between there and the dam. Just me. Snowbirds were the restaurants lifeblood not so much summer folks

Wasn’t Me

Reaction score
Ha I built my immune system at Mi Burrito.
Id rather do my own cooking than have another 60 boats between there and the dam. Just me. Snowbirds were the restaurants lifeblood not so much summer folks

Well when you say it like that I agree with you... Definitely don’t need 60 more boats.! And if I’m being honest I guess I didn’t help the restaurants much since we would only get food from them on the single night stops when we didn’t want to cook and clean... But since we have really improved our diet with way cleaner home cooking I don’t see going back.. Just as long the Market and fuel station stays open I’m happy... 👍🏻👍🏻

Last edited: