WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Our town is burning down!

76sanger

Reaction score
Don’t know the name of this fire. From what I can tell it’s between the 5 and 99 between Ashland and Medford. View straight South from parents home.
View attachment 920684
Told only Stage 1 evac for some friends in Ashland. Don’t know about any evac in Medford

Road with cars on it looks like Foothill Rd.
Parents are up the hill but google street view pointing same direction.
View attachment 920690
Yep, were burning up in southern Oregon! Pretty much now in 15 hours have lost two towns. This is scary and nerv racking to say the least.

sprintcvx

Reaction score
Stay safe and be smart down there. Even Western WA. is under a fire watch with these high winds. Crazy times,

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Found out my mother in law lost her house outside of Ashland last night. Luckily she's down here but she wasn't able to get anything out. I told her it's just stuff. My cousin is being evacuated out of his place.

I really hope you guys stay safe up there.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Hope for the best of you all there. We have family in Ashland. How bad are things there?

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
Here is a couple pics of my son. Him and my grandson have been running around helping neighbors and friends with their animals. He has space on his property for the animals and also said if anyone needs to park anything there also. Yesterday he said the fire was about 15 miles from his place. I have not spoke with him today yet. i saw IG posts from him at 1am still going.
unahorse.jpg
unasheep.jpg

Taboma

Reaction score
And literally in my home Unit/Town of Yucaipa.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the SDG&E cams are to be believed, peering through the smokey haze, it would appear you guys kicked some serious ass on that Valley Fire yesterday when mom-nature cut you some slack.
Awesome and thanks 👍 👍

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
The bay area is getting all the smoke from the Northern California fires and the entire area is so dark it looks like nighttime. This is NOT fog or clouds.

they said the smoke particles in the air are blocking out the sun.

It is so dark I had to turn on the lights. It looks like nighttime and its noon here now. (It was actually darker earlier)

FF39AA38-920D-4C95-9D80-E0404AAFB395.jpeg
889F8E64-B93C-4E41-888E-89092B65D8CE.jpeg
78BFBFAB-7E1F-4961-ABDB-25621CB011EE.jpeg
129F4AD3-C959-4E24-9396-39A15B5E5E17.jpeg

Last edited:

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
The bay area is getting all the smoke from the Northern California fires and the entire area is so dark it looks like nighttime. This is NOT fog or clouds.

they said the smoke particles in the air are blocking out the sun.

It is so dark I had to turn on the lights. It looks like nighttime and its noon here now. (It was actually darker earlier)

View attachment 920825 View attachment 920826 View attachment 920827
Just wear your mask...you'll be fine

squeezer

Reaction score
Hoping for the best for your family. Stay safe.

Thank You... Thanks everybody for the concerns. We have friends South of us a bit who had to evacuate. They have no idea if their hose is still standing.

There haven’t been any reports of lives lost yet. I can’t imagine that there won’t be some but at least that’s not part of the news cycle yet.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Thank You... Thanks everybody for the concerns. We have friends South of us a bit who had to evacuate. They have no idea if their hose is still standing.

There haven’t been any reports of lives lost yet. I can’t imagine that there won’t be some but at least that’s not part of the news cycle yet.

One of our realtors mothers has passed in the fire outside of Mill City, his sister in in ICU with sevior burns and they still connor find her 12yo son!

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
These are pics I just took about an hour ago in Lebanon Or at my jobsite!
20200909_135037.jpg
20200909_135122.jpg

4Waters

Reaction score
One of our realtors mothers has passed in the fote outside of Mill City, his sister in in ICU with sevior burns and they still connor find her 12yo son!
Shit, that sucks. I hope he made a run for it and found saftey.

Hypnautic

Reaction score
The E30 is at the warehouse 20 miles away (Safe from fires)

The 77 Bronco is the one that would get left at the house[emoji22] View attachment 920899

Like having to pick what child to leave behind...

Parents have a 1000+ sqft below grade finished garage. Solid concrete walls below grade but conventional ceiling construction. Just fortunate the A and T-bird are in there. Less chance for burn although water damage can be just as bad.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
The E30 is at the warehouse 20 miles away (Safe from fires)

The 77 Bronco is the one that would get left at the house😢 View attachment 920899

I have room to park and store shit if you need!! I am between west salem and Dundee!!

Bring whatever down right now and worry about picking it up when this shit is over!!

squeezer

Reaction score
One of our realtors mothers has passed in the fire outside of Mill City, his sister in in ICU with sevior burns and they still connor find her 12yo son!

Just saw that on the news...cant imagine anything more horrible.

squeezer

Reaction score
I have room to park and store shit if you need!! I am between west salem and Dundee!!

Bring whatever down right now and worry about picking it up when this shit is over!!

Thank You, holding tight tonight but will evaluate again in the morning.

Are you in any danger when the wind shifts (Expected to shift 189 degrees by Saturday)

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Thank You, holding tight tonight but will evaluate again in the morning.

Are you in any danger when the wind shifts (Expected to shift 189 degrees by Saturday)

I dont think so. I am on the Polk county side of the willamette. Our fire deal from monday was from the wind and a tree taking put a powerline. I honestly think we are good. Plus I've been cutting trees and and set up a sprinkler system since I got home today for just in case!

poncho

Reaction score
Here is a couple pics of my son. Him and my grandson have been running around helping neighbors and friends with their animals. He has space on his property for the animals and also said if anyone needs to park anything there also. Yesterday he said the fire was about 15 miles from his place. I have not spoke with him today yet. i saw IG posts from him at 1am still going. View attachment 920736 View attachment 920737

You did good Dad,👍

Taboma

Reaction score
My ole buddy on East Devil's lake was at stage 3 yesterday, evacuated his wife and dog, but he hunkered down and stayed. Has a skiff tied up at his dock as his escape hatch, sheriff came by to evacuate him out by water, but he's refusing to leave.
Still there this morning, but conditions have reversed, cool, cloudy marine layer and wind shift to out of the south, instead of north --- he might get really lucky here. His plan to save all his guns was having them all loaded in his van, he was going to drive the van down into the lake, then row his skiff out and watch.
God Help any tweaker looters, he's one hell of a long range sniper/marksman.

poncho

Reaction score
Thank you sir!! He is a good kid, I say kid he is 40yrs old, but he has his son running around up there helping too. So the grandson is getting good knowledge too.

How the hell have you been?
Good Man, Very cool what your kids are doing to help neighbors in need, the world needs to hear more stories like this to remind us there are still plenty of good folks out there.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
do you have a link for the photo above?^^

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I think when this all shakes out a lot of these are going to be arson. The friggin Antifa and BLM said they would burn shit to the ground. Well...shit seems to be burning to the ground in CA, WA and OR

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
Well, this is gonna get worse for a few Antifa fucks.

They are now trying to block the HWY that leads to the fire that is threatening my house so that water trucks and fire trucks cannot pass. They are also looting houses that are abandoned. This just got some traction with a few of the farm boys around here, and one of them called me. Pretty sure I know of a perch that I can get to that has a clear view of the HWY where they are, and is reachable with the BMG.

Let the games begin.

buck35

Reaction score
Hope everyone is safe down there.

It's been quiet for a while now. I'm sure everyone is busy as hell.
I think when this all shakes out a lot of these are going to be arson. The friggin Antifa and BLM said they would burn shit to the ground. Well...shit seems to be burning to the ground in CA, WA and OR
But will it be reported as such,or even mentioned...
Watching the weather channel they mentioned 14 thousand lightning strikes,and talking to a neighbor who coordinates fire management and knows these things was like what??

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
Well, this is gonna get worse for a few Antifa fucks.

They are now trying to block the HWY that leads to the fire that is threatening my house so that water trucks and fire trucks cannot pass. They are also looting houses that are abandoned. This just got some traction with a few of the farm boys around here, and one of them called me. Pretty sure I know of a perch that I can get to that has a clear view of the HWY where they are, and is reachable with the BMG.

Let the games begin.

I'm heading that way, in route as I type!