WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Faulty airbags?

95Enforcer

Reaction score
Great tactic and safe way to take an armed suspect down. Airbags wont deploy in a vehicle/pedestrian collision. There is not enough mass to slow the vehicle down abruptly the 14mph to cause the air bags to deploy (push bar can affect the mph slightly to be higher). The ped does quite a bit of damage to the vehicle but ultimately the vehicle drives through it. Ive handled several dozen vehicle/ped cases (mostly fatal) and none had air bag deployment.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Great tactic and safe way to take an armed suspect down. Airbags wont deploy in a vehicle/pedestrian collision. There is not enough mass to slow the vehicle down abruptly the 14mph to cause the air bags to deploy (push bar can affect the mph slightly to be higher). The ped does quite a bit of damage to the vehicle but ultimately the vehicle drives through it. Ive handled several dozen vehicle/ped cases (mostly fatal) and none had air bag deployment.
I always think it's funny when people think there is like a button to set off air bags. When in reality it's an accelerometer that decides when and which air bags to deploy.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
And here i clicked expecting something more along these lines.
D20BB853-D631-464E-A82B-918F12E7494A.jpeg

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Since this thread took a turn
turn, action starts around 3:15