WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

so let me get this straight...

GB2006

Gavin Says Lake Tahoe's closed
Reaction score
I worried all of the 90's banging chicks in fear of getting a virus (HIV) but now we can develop a vaccine for a virus in 6 months? WTF?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I worried all of the 90's banging chicks in fear of getting a virus (HIV) but now we can develop a vaccine for a virus in 6 months? WTF?

Most of that is because of the development of computers.. Think about how far things have come in5 years, 10, 15, 20?

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
HIV is a chronic illness that can kill you. There is no cure, just treatments that keep you alive.

COVID is a weaponized cold bug. But like all cold viruses it doesn't live in the host forever.

The cure for corona will be either a vaccine that teaches your immune system or it just works its way through the population.

Andy B.

Reaction score
Already working people that test positive 80% of them not showing any symptoms and not getting as sick obviously people with pre existing but there is treatment available!!!

And again fuck the liberal media agenda!!!

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
It’s fairly easy to create a vaccine for a virus that had its genome created in a lab! How much money is this virus going to create for the global pharmaceutical industries? A BUTTLOAD!!!!!

Starloans

Reaction score

Are there some SKANKY ones you turned down that are still in the back of your mind that you kick yourself for missing the BANG??? LOL :)

dribble

Reaction score
They had the cure for that way back when too.. Magic Johnson?

note how nobody ever found out how he pulled that off!

A lot of people got lucky. My brother was diagnosed with HIV in 1985. In 1985 HIV was a death sentence. He was into full blown AIDS twice. He has lost about dozen close friends. His partner of 14 years died in May. He (the partner) had a leg amputation 10 years ago due to AIDS related bone cancer. Since he is an identical twin he got into a study which was (overseen by Dr Fauci) where they would take healthy T-cells from one twin, genetically modify them and put them in the other. It had promise but did not result in a widespread cure. The reason why Magic johnson survived was simple. He was very healthy to begin with, he had money for the best treatment possible. But most importantly, he lasted until Fauci and other leading edge infectious disease researchers came up with a mixture of drugs that suppressed (but did not eliminate) the virus. Interestingly enough, the other twin (yes they're both gay) was diagnosed in 1999. They both were AAU swimmers and lifeguards. The second twin is in perfect health. He works out and swims everyday. Trust me there is no cure. There is treatment which has saved the lives countless thousands worldwide.

cxr

Reaction score
A lot of people got lucky. My brother was diagnosed with HIV in 1985. In 1985 HIV was a death sentence. He was into full blown AIDS twice. He has lost about dozen close friends. His partner of 14 years died in May. He (the partner) had a leg amputation 10 years ago due to AIDS related bone cancer. Since he is an identical twin he got into a study which was (overseen by Dr Fauci) where they would take healthy T-cells from one twin, genetically modify them and put them in the other. It had promise but did not result in a widespread cure. The reason why Magic johnson survived was simple. He was very healthy to begin with, he had money for the best treatment possible. But most importantly, he lasted until Fauci and other leading edge infectious disease researchers came up with a mixture of drugs that suppressed (but did not eliminate) the virus. Interestingly enough, the other twin (yes they're both gay) was diagnosed in 1999. They both were AAU swimmers and lifeguards. The second twin is in perfect health. He works out and swims everyday. Trust me there is no cure. There is treatment which has saved the lives countless thousands worldwide.

UMmmm... i hope there is more than 2 of you in the family :)

PLUS Magic went to Europe and got drugs that were not approved by the US FDA

mbrown2

Reaction score
I think it has more to do with dollars. A "cure" for this stuff helps the economy open. Treating HIV is it's own economy.

Exactly ....it is dollars. However, cancer seems to break that theory....doing a lot better with survivor rates but still a big killer... But if you look at HIV; it is literally a treatable disease at this point. Same for Hep C.

Dollars with Technology are likely to cure a number of orphan diseases in the next 10 years but it will come with huge price tags until wide use which is unlikely as it is an orphan disease.

500bbc

Reaction score
They had the cure for that way back when too.. Magic Johnson?

note how nobody ever found out how he pulled that off!
There is no cure, there is lifelong treatment.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I've only done a little research on HIV, I'm not scared of catching it. Since its rare to get from female sex partners (near impossible with a condom). My understanding is there is several strains and the virus can mutate in the body, making a cure very hard to create. Also makes a vaccine difficult.

500bbc

Reaction score
why cure when you can treat. Thats where the real money is at.
Don't forget the wild predictions from the CDC that we were all going to die from HIV no matter your lifestyle. They later admitted to lying.

Sound familiar?

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
UMmmm... i hope there is more than 2 of you in the family :)

PLUS Magic went to Europe and got drugs that were not approved by the US FDA

Read it again. The brother's partner had a twin brother.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Don't forget the wild predictions from the CDC that we were all going to die from HIV no matter your lifestyle. They later admitted to lying.

Sound familiar?

No they weren't lying, the modeling was just inaccurate.

530RL

Reaction score

I'm just glad no one suggested "Herd Immunity" for the HIV virus....... 😳😳

Last edited:

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Exactly ....it is dollars. However, cancer seems to break that theory....doing a lot better with survivor rates but still a big killer... But if you look at HIV; it is literally a treatable disease at this point. Same for Hep C.

Dollars with Technology are likely to cure a number of orphan diseases in the next 10 years but it will come with huge price tags until wide use which is unlikely as it is an orphan disease.
I remember watching Pops peel off 100$ bills at the pharmacy...thought it was worse than a drug deal. 593$ for 3 pills. They were for helping with my Mom's chemo.

Big pharma is about as evil as you can get...same with insurance companies.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Maybe evil, but without them we wouldn't have effective chemo treatments and therapies for diseases like HIV.

A good chunk of the blame lies at the feet of the FDA and the amount of BS that goes into approving a medication.

floatn turd

Reaction score
Paging Alfonso:

520a1451008cd6621521cb92a29a4acb13d5f3fboFM1Qb3ISqdrtsagjkVI.video_thumb_6991_89.jpeg