WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Possible Hit and Run Near River Lodge.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
In case i end up at the bottom of the lake or with a bullet to the brain Here is the threats from the dad
image6.png
image5.png
image4.png
image3.png

i like how he gave me the thumbs up on my last response to him.

attitude

Reaction score

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
A defense attorney won’t have jack if someone who was on the boat rolls over on him. I know I would.

Any first year attorney would destroy the credibility of anyone on the boat for waiting to come forward...most likely because they were drunk...(in sticking with the speculation aspect!)
I’d argue that not a single one saw anything clearly at the time or they would have yelled out or otherwise drawn attention to the incident.
In short, they’ve compromised their credibility.
10 may have been on the boat...none of them count except the ones on the bow...and I’d eliminate the testimony of any on the bow who were drinking, and then I’d hammer any remaining ones on what they actually had the capability of seeing.
If I was a defense attorney....

What I’m saying is that it isn’t cut and dried just because it was a boat load of people.

Last edited:

Gonefishin5555

Reaction score
No shit there is a reason you don't roller skate in the middle of the freeway
Any first year attorney would destroy the credibility of anyone on the boat for waiting to come forward...most likely because they were drunk...(in sticking with the speculation aspect!)
I’d argue that not a single one saw anything clearly at the time or they would have yelled out or otherwise drawn attention to the incident.
In short, they’ve compromised their credibility.
10 may have been on the boat...none of them count except the ones on the bow...and I’d eliminate the testimony of any on the bow who were drinking, and then I’d hammer any remaining ones on what they actually had the capability of seeing.
If I was a defense attorney....

What I’m saying is that it isn’t cut and dried because it was a boat load of people.

Doesn't it boil down to whether or not he told his passengers to keep their mouths shut? Thus admitting he knew he hit someone and left the scene of the accident. If he put his boat on the trailer without saying anything then he could claim he didn't notice that he hit something. In this case it doesn't matter what the passengers saw or didn't see or even how drunk they were. There may be a kid sitting there in the first row of court with one arm so the jury is going to want to convict him.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Doesn't it boil down to whether or not he told his passengers to keep their mouths shut? Thus admitting he knew he hit someone and left the scene of the accident. If he put his boat on the trailer without saying anything then he could claim he didn't notice that he hit something. In this case it doesn't matter what the passengers saw or didn't see or even how drunk they were. There may be a kid sitting there in the first row of court with one arm so the jury is going to want to convict him.

All true.
But that’s a lot of “if’s”.
What is he charged with? Convict him of what?
We don’t know shit.

Last edited:

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score

Singleton

Reaction score
In case i end up at the bottom of the lake or with a bullet to the brain Here is the threats from the dad
View attachment 924938 View attachment 924940 View attachment 924942 View attachment 924943

those are just crazy emotional responses. He knows multiple folks did wrong and most likely the driver that hit his son is walking due to other reasons you stated. leaving seen of accident most likely only offense given other circumstance.
It can also be considered a domestic threat against your life.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
those are just crazy emotional responses. He knows multiple folks did wrong and most likely the driver that hit his son is walking due to other reasons you stated. leaving seen of accident most likely only offense given other circumstance.
It can also be considered a domestic threat against your life.
yeah im not too worried. as a dad id be freaking out too. but in case i do end up in a ditch yall will know where to look

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
View attachment 924938 View attachment 924940 View attachment 924942 View attachment 924943

Today's society has lost the ability for nuance, we are all stuck in this world that there has to be a good side and a bad side to every situation. People don't have the ability to think critically that the operators of both boats are at fault for this tragic accident.

Question for the page, where do we put the blame pie at for this situation? I have it at 35% the captain of the tow boat and 65% the captain of the boat that struck the swimmer.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Today's society has lost the ability for nuance, we are all stuck in this world that there has to be a good side and a bad side to every situation. People don't have the ability to think critically that the operators of both boats are at fault for this tragic accident.

Question for the page, where do we put the blame pie at for this situation? I have it at 35% the captain of the tow boat and 65% the captain of the boat that struck the swimmer.
if the captain of the towboat excercised any rational thinking skills this event would have never happened. I think youy blame meter is off. I dont know how at fault the cheetah boat is. Im certain there is some kind of fault. I heard there was two tubers in the water. If he saw one and swerved to miss that one and inadvertently hit someone he never saw how is he to blame? The person who came forward from his boat might have noticed the boat all over social media, might have said holy shit we actually hit someone? and came forward. Without all the exact info i just dont see how we can make a determination of guilt. All i know is the operator putting tubers in the water on that day at that time is not someone i would ever consider getting in a boat with.

cofooter

Reaction score
If he hadn't ditched the scene I would agree, no one knows the details of what transpired, how close the boat that hit was following, drunk/not drunk, glare, speed, etc, just saying a captain towing the tube has more responsibility without understanding the circumstances is jumping to conclusions. Towing a tube at 5:00 on a holiday is not even a factor unless the facts are understood, several people said it was a quiet Saturday afternoon.

Last edited:

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
If he hadn't ditched the scene I would agree, no one knows the details of what transpired, how close the boat that hit was following, drunk/not drunk, glare, speed, etc, just saying a captain towing the tube has more responsibility without understanding the circumstances is jumping to conclusions. Towing a tube at 5:00 on a holiday is not even a factor unless the facts are understood, several people said it was a quiet Saturday afternoon.

Do you know that he realized he hit someone? If not then did he "DITCH" the scene?

Your ad here

Reaction score

I wasn't there or saw it so I can't place blame or who is at fault. It would be borrowing trouble getting involved. I have to say its dangerous to ski, tube, wake surf, or get towed behind a boat on a busy weekend let alone a holiday weekend. The water isn't going anywhere anytime soon so come back on an off weekend or when boat traffic is low.
People really need to pull their head out of their ass and take a look around at what's going on. Sometimes you have to make decisions that spoil the fun. 3 years ago I pulled the boat out of Parker mid day 4th of July because it was busy as shit and 2 kayakers in dark blue kayaks with black life vest were paddling across the river. I didnt want to be around or even on the water if they got mowed over.

Last edited:

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I'll say it again, the one really good thing to come out of this thread is the sudden realization by many, including myself, that our USCG approved recreational PFDs stowed and used on our boats, are almost always black or dark gray in color. Just F'n stupid. And I am one of the many thousands of stupid ones. Forget about reflective tape or PMLs. We're talking daytime use in bright sunlight. I will change out every one of ours as soon as soon as I can find suitable, good quality, replacements in our needed sizes.

The remaining assumptions, accusations and threats made in this thread are somewhat entertaining. But, certainly of lesser value than the above. By no means do I intend to overlook the tragic loss of someone's arm. I can't even imagine. But, I forget who made the first statement on this thread about the PFD colors. For me, that was one of the best catches I've seen on RDP, ever. Thanks for the great heads up.

Last edited:

Dirtbag

Reaction score
if he didnt think he did anything wrong why would he stay.....

mobldj

Reaction score
i heard this dad wanted to fight thor the owner of river lodge while he was trying to help his son.eyewitness from a tiny home owner. id turn the dads ass into the police for death threats.fk that noise.

EarpRider

Reaction score
I posted my thoughts about the captain pulling the tubers being negligent in one or two of the threads on facebook and then proceeded to get death threats from the dad and berated from a family friend or some shit. I kept it cool and stuck to my guns. Shitty situation all around but i still believe the captain of the towing boat the problem. If they didnt tow this shit wouldnt have happened and the young man would still have his arm
I really hope for you and your family that the picture of your boat in your signature isn't still your current boat. Blaming people who got ran over by a boat that was going to fast to stop from running over people??? Doubling down with the family??? Arguing and arguing over and over on the internet???
I'd truly be scared to take my boat and family out on The Strip in the near future.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
I really hope for you and your family that the picture of your boat in your signature isn't still your current boat. Blaming people who got ran over by a boat that was going to fast to stop from running over people??? Doubling down with the family??? Arguing and arguing over and over on the internet???
I'd truly be scared to take my boat and family out on The Strip in the near future.
I don’t think DB will have a problem with anybody. He’s a big guy, 6’-4” former MLB player. :p

cofooter

Reaction score
if he didnt think he did anything wrong why would he stay.....
If I was a Dad with a son in the hospital with no arm and had a guy that knows absolutely no facts about the situation giving me shit, I'd be pissed off too. Not homicide pissed off, but pissed off nonetheless. Nothing personal against you Dirtbag, but don't you think it is the wrong time and place?

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
This thread is about as ridiculous as the thread regarding the mouth of the river crash. So much speculation from people who have no idea what really happened. To the people who did the online research and actually found the boat involved.....great job! Turn the information over to the agency doing the investigation and stop the madness guys!!!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

I'm going to have to say the boy injured, may also have some responsibility as well. At 19, I was living on my own and making my own decisions. Some were not good...hell, now some aren't good. If it were busy, I wouldn't tow my kids, even if they wanted to. I get to make that decision for them. At 19, the kid isn't a "kid". He could have said no, just as the captain could have said no, and the other driver maybe could have seen him, or if he did, stopped...Lots of variables and decisions, but only one is going to truly have to deal with it.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

Was the dad the driver of the tow boat?
So the boat was pulling a tube with two flags flying ? What kind of flags, skier in the water flags ?
We're they one of those that drives around with the flags up all the time?

Was anybody on the river at around this time? From the pictures Boatnam posted, it didn't really look that busy for a major holiday weekend.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

WYRD

Reaction score
If I was a Dad with a son in the hospital with no arm and had a guy that knows absolutely no facts about the situation giving me shit, I'd be pissed off too. Not homicide pissed off, but pissed off nonetheless. Nothing personal against you Dirtbag, but don't you think it is the wrong time and place?
I'd likely be with my family in their time of need and not arguing with some dirtbag on the internet (pun intended)

NicPaus

Reaction score
It was a girl that said she was towing him.

I wondered tge same if they were flying flag whole time while towing.

It actually was not that busy for a holiday weekend at that time. But I never tow up there. I asked if they towed through the rapids and they would not answer that question.

It sucks regardless of what happened before. And why they would be towing in that location. Sad deal for the young guy.

WYRD

Reaction score
This thread is about as ridiculous as the thread regarding the mouth of the river crash. So much speculation from people who have no idea what really happened. To the people who did the online research and actually found the boat involved.....great job! Turn the information over to the agency doing the investigation and stop the madness guys!!!
Time to lock it down dirty d it's jumping the shark

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me but tubing, skiing, wakeboarding (surfing is probably fine because of the speed and proximity to the boat) seem dangerous in Parker and from the 40 bridge to Needles bridge on Summer Fridays and Saturdays from 9-6. I don't care if you've done it for 50 years. You're relying on other people to be smart and attentive enough to not run over your kid or family member. Is tubing really worth that risk at those times and in those areas?

I dropped my new to me boat in the river the farthest north I ever have, at Jack Smith. It was my first time ever driving this boat and a big V bottom in general. but I do have about 16 years of boating experience. Also, I tend to stay really close to sober all day. I was still on edge with how narrow it was from Jack Smith to Pirates and people tubing. Now imagine someone who just got a new boat that does 50-60 and drinking.

Yeah, count me out of that. I'll go down to Havasu and find a cove if I want to drag around a tube.