WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Any of You Know About Streeker Boats?

78_Tahiti

Jet Boat Exerciser
Reaction score
I know a lot of you guys are in SoCal. Wondered if anyone has any info on the Water Streeker. Just aquired one from my Dad, who lives at Shasta Lake. Apparently these were built in Covina, Ca. in the early 80's. Was hoping someone had an owners manuel that I could get a copy of. From what I understand the head marketing guy worked for Budweiser many years ago with my Dad.Then the guy moved to Blythe. heres a picture of my Streaker!
l.jpg

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I would assume you would fall off like a stand up jet ski, but this time you have a prop to deal with?

78_Tahiti

Jet Boat Exerciser
Reaction score
It is a strange little craft. Yes it is stand up with a seat in front of the driver for one scared guest! I have seen prop guards, that may be a good saftey investment for this little thing! The hull is a true flat bottom, kind of like a skiff or jonboat. The outboard motor is fixed (no steering) so to make it turn you shift your weight left or right and goose the throttle. I am going to change the twist-grip throttle to a thumb version like a jetski uses, and was thinking of maybe a plastic seat that could slide side to side for steering, on a long cruise, being able to sit down would prolly increase the fun factor. The damm thing goes pretty fast! Im thinking rough water would not be much fun!
l.jpg

gqchris

Reaction score
That is one SCARY looking ride. Good god, how did it get passed on safety inspection:skull

Riverbottom

Reaction score
Lots of old people have them at Aha Quinn above Blythe. A retired Budweiser dist. Larry Wheeler sold them up and down the river in the early 80's. They are great for big people and are super stable. Not very dangerous, as they are nearly impossible to tip over, and have a real wide platform to stand on.

78_Tahiti

Jet Boat Exerciser
Reaction score
Lots of old people have them at Aha Quinn above Blythe. A retired Budweiser dist. Larry Wheeler sold them up and down the river in the early 80's. They are great for big people and are super stable. Not very dangerous, as they are nearly impossible to tip over, and have a real wide platform to stand on.
Thanks RiverBottom! Thats the Guy My Dad said he worked with at Budweiser! Larry Wheeler! My Dad was Western US Sales Manager for Budweiser at that time. I wonder if any of those guys still have a brochure or owners manuel for this thing? Anyways thanks for the info. ;)

david jantz

Reaction score
[GALLERY=][GALLERY=][/GALLERY][/GALLERY]
I know a lot of you guys are in SoCal. Wondered if anyone has any info on the Water Streeker. Just aquired one from my Dad, who lives at Shasta Lake. Apparently these were built in Covina, Ca. in the early 80's. Was hoping someone had an owners manuel that I could get a copy of. From what I understand the head marketing guy worked for Budweiser many years ago with my Dad.Then the guy moved to Blythe. heres a picture of my Streaker!
l.jpg

david jantz

Reaction score
Hey heeeey im familiar with them! My father is the one that helped design and build them ive still got "3" sitting as i type this in my driveway!!!! As a kid I got to travel around some with them as they took them to trade shows promoting and hopefully trying to sell the design to a large manufacturer to mass produce them! Things were looking good until the invention of the jet engine and jet ski came shortly after and a under age kid riding one at a lake tried to dip under a streeker caught the outboard prop and had to be airlifted out with the top of his scalp peeled back off his head! He survived! They filed a huuuuge law suite against pinkus and my father (who didnt work for a beer company, just an average hard working american framing contractor) they lost the suite and along with it the capital they had to build more or to start developing a newer safe jetski engine type model and their lil dream and run at success never was able to afford competition with the newer sea do that morphed from the jet ski era! Yeah these lil boats are fast and fun as hell and always to this day command a confused stare as your wippin past on lookers at 45mph on the open flat water! IM IN NOR CAL AND ABOUT TO POST TO SELL "2 WITH A TRAILER!!!" IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE THAT GETS THIS AND HAS INTEREST IN BUYING 1 OR BOTH???? NEED A BIT OF MOTOR WORK AND TUNING UP BUT COME WITH FEW EXTRA PROPS AND PARTS AND WORTH THE BUY THOUGH THESE THINGS ARE A BLAST! Believe it or not the 2 im selling 100% truth were honestly used in an old episode of "Night Rider" with David Hassolhauf! Lol yeah I was the biggest fan of that show as a kid, heck who wasnt it was cool! Well anyway because of the boats being on the show we were invited to a cast party seminar type thing which was the most amazing thing to me because the Haff was there and i got to meet him personally! He even was cool enough to take me out back of where the event was going on and personally show me all the dfrnt kit-cars (believe there were 9) they were all stacked on one of them multi car hauling trailers and I remember he looks down at me and Micheal Knight says "hey kid you think thats cool eh' well then why dont you go on and check this it!" And he picks me up and slides me into the driverseat ( because the doors didnt open they were all tricked out safety as stunt cars) he plops me into the driver seat pulls the keys from his pocket and does a half turn on the key not starting it just turning the battery on and says "see that button there on the dashboard go ahead and give it a push!" And when i did it activated kits red strobbing dash light to go back in fourth to my amazement! Then we went back in ate chilli and othere stuff that was catered at the event and to end it some super hot chick in a bikini walked out and pinned a target paper on a bail of hey and we all put on noise muffling ear protectors while Hasslehauf calked back on a muthaf××kin uzi 9milli and justlit the damn thing up from across the room!!! Shredded the paper target and it was the most frightening and coolest thing my 7-8yr old ass had ever seen it was an amazing thing that night! Then i had him autograph my knightrider coloring book i brought and passed out in the car on the way home! 100% true story and all happened because of these 2 boats i have sitting here that im about to hopefully try to sell cuz my father who built them dropped the 2 off last weekend and asked me to try to do so and split it 50/50 with him. Says to old to ride'em and dont have the means or place to sore them anymore so son i need you to try and sell them we could use the money anyways. So i researched on line typed Streeker in to the search engine and bam this old article popped up! SO IF ANY INTERESTED BUYERS / COLLECTORS/ ENTHUSIASTS ARE OUT THERE AND INTERESTED IN BUYING ONE OR BOTH OF THESE THEN PLEASE DO HIT ME UP!?

BY THE WAY THEY THEY EVENTUALLY WERE JOKINGLY DUBBED & MARKETED AS
"THE OLD MANS JETSKI"
hope you enjoyed that lil true piece of history because i enjoyed sharing it and some of the fond memories of my childhood it brought back telling it.......✌

4Waters

Reaction score
Hey heeeey im familiar with them! My father is the one that helped design and build them ive still got "3" sitting as i type this in my driveway!!!! As a kid I got to travel around some with them as they took them to trade shows promoting and hopefully trying to sell the design to a large manufacturer to mass produce them! Things were looking good until the invention of the jet engine and jet ski came shortly after and a under age kid riding one at a lake tried to dip under a streeker caught the outboard prop and had to be airlifted out with the top of his scalp peeled back off his head! He survived! They filed a huuuuge law suite against pinkus and my father (who didnt work for a beer company, just an average hard working american framing contractor) they lost the suite and along with it the capital they had to build more or to start developing a newer safe jetski engine type model and their lil dream and run at success never was able to afford competition with the newer sea do that morphed from the jet ski era! Yeah these lil boats are fast and fun as hell and always to this day command a confused stare as your wippin past on lookers at 45mph on the open flat water! IM IN NOR CAL AND ABOUT TO POST TO SELL "2 WITH A TRAILER!!!" IF THERE IS ANYONE OUT THERE THAT GETS THIS AND HAS INTEREST IN BUYING 1 OR BOTH???? NEED A BIT OF MOTOR WORK AND TUNING UP BUT COME WITH FEW EXTRA PROPS AND PARTS AND WORTH THE BUY THOUGH THESE THINGS ARE A BLAST! Believe it or not the 2 im selling 100% truth were honestly used in an old episode of "Night Rider" with David Hassolhauf! Lol yeah I was the biggest fan of that show as a kid, heck who wasnt it was cool! Well anyway because of the boats being on the show we were invited to a cast party seminar type thing which was the most amazing thing to me because the Haff was there and i got to meet him personally! He even was cool enough to take me out back of where the event was going on and personally show me all the dfrnt kit-cars (believe there were 9) they were all stacked on one of them multi car hauling trailers and I remember he looks down at me and Micheal Knight says "hey kid you think thats cool eh' well then why dont you go on and check this it!" And he picks me up and slides me into the driverseat ( because the doors didnt open they were all tricked out safety as stunt cars) he plops me into the driver seat pulls the keys from his pocket and does a half turn on the key not starting it just turning the battery on and says "see that button there on the dashboard go ahead and give it a push!" And when i did it activated kits red strobbing dash light to go back in fourth to my amazement! Then we went back in ate chilli and othere stuff that was catered at the event and to end it some super hot chick in a bikini walked out and pinned a target paper on a bail of hey and we all put on noise muffling ear protectors while Hasslehauf calked back on a muthaf××kin uzi 9milli and justlit the damn thing up from across the room!!! Shredded the paper target and it was the most frightening and coolest thing my 7-8yr old ass had ever seen it was an amazing thing that night! Then i had him autograph my knightrider coloring book i brought and passed out in the car on the way home! 100% true story and all happened because of these 2 boats i have sitting here that im about to hopefully try to sell cuz my father who built them dropped the 2 off last weekend and asked me to try to do so and split it 50/50 with him. Says to old to ride'em and dont have the means or place to sore them anymore so son i need you to try and sell them we could use the money anyways. So i researched on line typed Streeker in to the search engine and bam this old article popped up! SO IF ANY INTERESTED BUYERS / COLLECTORS/ ENTHUSIASTS ARE OUT THERE AND INTERESTED IN BUYING ONE OR BOTH OF THESE THEN PLEASE DO HIT ME UP!?

"THE OLD MANS JETSKI"
hope you enjoyed that lil true piece of history because i enjoyed sharing it and some of the fond memories of my childhood it brought back telling it.......✌

They had outboard jets then, I'm surprised they didn't use them on these.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
They had outboard jets then, I'm surprised they didn't use them on these.
He did state that the "Jet" came shortly after the introduction of the Streeker...Just sayin.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Great story​

Ya don't hassle the Hoff!!!!!

FlyinRyan

Reaction score
Does anyone have a set of plans to build one, or would it be possible to get some dimensions from someone who owns one?

Todd Mohr

Will Race For Beer
Reaction score

"THE OLD MANS JETSKI"
How much$$?,

lakemadness

Grobe Bruste Bitte
Reaction score
No steering??? wtf... Seems like that would be a major pain in the ass to park or maneuver around docks...

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
How do you turn that thing around the docks?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Came out nice! I like the motorcycle handlebars and triple clamps etc..

There was one of these in the keys for years and years.. I still can’t wrap my head around turning these things.

SinCityXTRM

Reaction score
Came out nice! I like the motorcycle handlebars and triple clamps etc..

There was one of these in the keys for years and years.. I still can’t wrap my head around turning these things.
Heres a YouTube vid of my wife riding it… she makes it look hard to turn, but prolly cuz shes not got that much weight to her and shes not doing it right! Hahaha.

Misterb269

Reaction score
Hello,
I’m new to this post. I purchased a Water Streaker with intentions of restoring it, but my health had other plans. Looking to sell if anyone is looking for one. It is in good shape and It has all of the major parts. It is a project and does need some TLC. It even has the original Tohatsu engine. The trolling motor pictured is not part of the sale. I’m attaching a few pics. Here is my contact information if interested. Alan (310)874-1127 [email protected]
IMG_6425.jpeg
65722715497__C255814A-D43A-4BC0-AD0D-407FC0C9DA03.jpeg

Attachments

• 65739213868__5F9783B5-2676-498F-8A5B-C4EA6F60FCC0.jpeg
    65739213868__5F9783B5-2676-498F-8A5B-C4EA6F60FCC0.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 15
  • 65739215267__A6D47663-75C0-432F-AA24-ED732E89EA1A.jpeg
    65739215267__A6D47663-75C0-432F-AA24-ED732E89EA1A.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 23
  • 65723470728__06A0F933-6725-4A5F-BDCC-D6002AC9A7D8.jpeg
    65723470728__06A0F933-6725-4A5F-BDCC-D6002AC9A7D8.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
  • 65723675034__239C9380-692D-45FB-81C3-8F34B5F846B7.jpeg
    65723675034__239C9380-692D-45FB-81C3-8F34B5F846B7.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 13
  • 65739210970__F465E651-0CD6-409B-973D-E539AA62D9AC.jpeg
    65739210970__F465E651-0CD6-409B-973D-E539AA62D9AC.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 16
  • 65723443421__24DDAA31-3D5C-4188-AA64-9D2EC79EAB19.jpeg
    65723443421__24DDAA31-3D5C-4188-AA64-9D2EC79EAB19.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 16

Orange Juice

Reaction score
It is a strange little craft. Yes it is stand up with a seat in front of the driver for one scared guest! I have seen prop guards, that may be a good saftey investment for this little thing! The hull is a true flat bottom, kind of like a skiff or jonboat. The outboard motor is fixed (no steering) so to make it turn you shift your weight left or right and goose the throttle. I am going to change the twist-grip throttle to a thumb version like a jetski uses, and was thinking of maybe a plastic seat that could slide side to side for steering, on a long cruise, being able to sit down would prolly increase the fun factor. The damm thing goes pretty fast! Im thinking rough water would not be much fun!
l.jpg

Two words

Jet outboards. 😉