WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Rolls Royce SUV

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
Has pop out umbrellas. Pop out cargo seats. Films the road ahead and adjusts the shocks. 400k please šŸ˜ The carpet looks like Big Lots bath mats.
0431418B-0641-42BA-9710-EB941ACCEC22.jpeg
9069FD3B-3AB9-46AF-89CD-BEF7534BB06E.jpeg
C7C1A260-794B-498B-A3F2-D13947710EF5.jpeg

Last edited:

NicPaus

Reaction score
Passed one yesterday headed up to PV. Looks worse in person.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I'm a Rolls Royce fan and club member (have 87.5 Silver Spur) and I think the SUV is ugly.

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Itā€™s ā€œonlyā€ 6000 pounds but at least you donā€™t have to close the door. Thereā€™s a button for that. Wouldnā€™t want to mess up your manicure.

wishiknew

Reaction score
To each their own - honestly you could not pay me to drive that car.
I would drive it but it has to be white and nobody would have to pay me !! šŸ˜ƒ šŸ˜ƒ šŸ˜ƒ

Last edited:

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Seriously - letā€™s enter fantasy land if someone gave you the choice between the Rolls and a 2022 V8 Raptor which would you take? You could not pocket the money or resell either. I do think the Raptor will be worth more in the long run though. There is not one scenario in the world including pulling up to Buckingham Palace I would rather have the Rolls.

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
I fricken love it, I get to play with them at work and itā€™s a amazing haul ass comfy SUV. I want to get one as a loaner and take it to Havasu for the weekend and tow the boat.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
I am not real fond of the color but how can you make up your mind off of three crappy pictures. I think it might have potential.šŸ˜Ž

bluebleeder

Reaction score
I fricken love it, I get to play with them at work and itā€™s a amazing haul ass comfy SUV. I want to get one as a loaner and take it to Havasu for the weekend and tow the boat.
Talk to Nick. I'm sure you have built up the points. Oh and tell him his brother in law says it's OK. [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Seriously - letā€™s enter fantasy land if someone gave you the choice between the Rolls and a 2022 V8 Raptor which would you take? You could not pocket the money or resell either. I do think the Raptor will be worth more in the long run though. There is not one scenario in the world including pulling up to Buckingham Palace I would rather have the Rolls.
This and also the maintenance and insurance would kill you for that rolls

Taboma

Reaction score
Wonder if it's got a dynamic mode, so you can let that twin turboed V-12 really sound off ?? I heard a V-10 Lambo Urus and I guess it's got a loud button and sounded awesome.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
Wonder if it's got a dynamic mode, so you can let that twin turboed V-12 really sound off ?? I heard a V-10 Lambo Urus and I guess it's got a loud button and sounded awesome.

How uncouth...pass the Gray Poupon [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Taboma

Reaction score
How uncouth...pass the Gray Poupon [emoji106]

Those Sheiks will be saving the Gray Poupon passing for their nightly tent man cave bench racing sessions after duning these big bad boys all day. There's a reason they're making a marketing point about it's offroad abilities and it's not for the Hampton crowd. ;)

The Prisoner

Reaction score
I am not real fond of the color but how can you make up your mind off of three crappy pictures. I think it might have potential.šŸ˜Ž
Hey I resent that. I got a blister on my thumb from pressing the button on my iPhone!! šŸ˜ šŸ˜

Taboma

Reaction score
I was ready to buy until I saw the no dogs sticker.šŸ˜• tried to watch the whole video just couldnā€™t do it. He seemed really excited about all those climate control vents in the backseat.šŸ˜‚

Near the end Mr overly dramatic, explains why the no dog sticker. Because that rear area is partitioned off for noise dampening, the air is not conditioned and it can get HOT.

I can see $ 1/2 mil in engine, features & options in this Rolls than I can in a similar priced DCB, that's for sure. Not that I can afford either, but what if ?? šŸ˜
I bet an extended warranty for one of those, like lifetime due to only a million little things that are sure to break, must cost a fortune.
I'm out ;)

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

The Rolls, all day everyday and twice on Sunday. Really though, two different vehicles for two different markets.

I don't know if the new RR vehicles are built like the older ones, but you go look at an 80's vintage silver spur and that car is like a bank vault and has a definite experience to it. If this is built to the same standards it'll still be a great ride in another 30 years.

Reactions: SJP

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
The Rolls, all day everyday and twice on Sunday. Really though, two different vehicles for two different markets.

I don't know if the new RR vehicles are built like the older ones, but you go look at an 80's vintage silver spur and that car is like a bank vault and has a definite experience to it. If this is built to the same standards it'll still be a great ride in another 30 years.

Current RRā€™s are built by BMW, using BMW components behind the posh English luxury veneer. Theyā€™re built in Goodwood, England.

Theyā€™re as ā€œreliableā€ as other large BMWā€™s.

England is also famous for building unreliable Acuras, they were called Sterling back then...how do you build an unreliable Honda out of Honda parts?

Taboma

Reaction score
well if you want to save $ 90K from the new msrp, there's a used 19' with 5K miles for sale @ Newport Beach Automotive group. šŸ˜ That's a pretty big first year whack. :oops:

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Current RRā€™s are built by BMW, using BMW components behind the posh English luxury veneer. Theyā€™re built in Goodwood, England.

Theyā€™re as ā€œreliableā€ as other large BMWā€™s.

England is also famous for building unreliable Acuras, they were called Sterling back then...how do you build an unreliable Honda out of Honda parts?

That's probably an improvement over the mid 80's cars... LOL...

I'd be buying a Rolls for the coach work, not the running gear.

530RL

Reaction score

The Urus uses the Audi/Porsche twin turbo V8 not the V10. Only the concept Urus had a V10.

They are as you point out a really neat sounding and driving SUV as they use them as loaners at the service department. They drive like a car. Perfect for us old guys.

I sort of like the big Rolls. Certainly a lot better looking than the big Bentley SUV where the front grill looks like a chain link fence off a construction site.

Taboma

Reaction score
The Urus uses the Audi/Porsche twin turbo V8 not the V10. Only the concept Urus had a V10.

They are as you point out a really neat sounding and driving SUV as they use them as loaners at the service department. They drive like a car. Perfect for us old guys.

I sort of like the big Rolls. Certainly a lot better looking than the big Bentley SUV where the front grill looks like a chain link fence off a construction site.

Well, no V-10, šŸ¤” then I'm out ;) --- STILL šŸ˜‚ Great job on the sound, regardless. šŸ‘

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Itā€™s about comfort and riding in one is very comfortable.

BAS

Reaction score
If your gonna do it, the billionaire option is the only option lol. Only a 650k upgrade..

But I want to know why the donā€™t suggest dogs in them, they actually have stickers saying no dogs. I was gonna pick it up for the dog park and grocery getter, but Fuck that.

575cat

Reaction score
Wait a few year,s it will be worth 10 % of that .