WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So Why Is It?? (Call out!)

tostark

Liquid Equity
Reaction score
Living in Havasu, i prefer not to boat on the weekends. But sometimes friends come and you have to. Tonight the marina was crazy and of course there was “that guy” floating next to the fuel docks, on his phone, waiting for his trailer. WTF?!! Get out into Thompson Bay with all the other schmucks who were stupid enough to boat today. Hate to say it but it is NEVER a pontoon or Bayliner. It is always a DCB, Magic or today was a Hallet. Really? Privileged?

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
I would guess he’s waiting for his trailer or his people. Don’t see the issue with floating or was he blocking you from the gas dock?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I would guess he’s waiting for his trailer or his people. Don’t see the issue with floating or was he blocking you from the gas dock?
The floaters seem to always just be in the way.....my wife hates it and it is one of her major pet peaves about the marina. And usually there's 3 or 4 that you have to weave through to reach your trailer. No big deal if it's midweek and no crowds.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
They must be watching the guys get off the lake at the bass tournaments.:p

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
There’s no easy solution to getting off the lake. 30 trucks in line means 30 boats in the queue waiting to get on the trailer. Doesn’t help that you really can’t see your truck in the line until the last minute and pretty much nothing if you’re in the bay. The floating near the docks getting off the water doesn’t bother me. Waiting for jackballs to get their shit together on the ramp before launching is a nightmare. That’s never the baller boats. That’s the inconsiderate bastards that don’t think the staging line is for them.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Thank god it slows down after Labor Day..............

this weekend was as busy as I’ve ever seen it.. I couldn’t even get on the water yesterday all the ramps were full.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
South Cove you could have loaded backwards, sideways or even upside down! 😁 Actually did see someone load upside down but it was a kayak.

traquer

Reaction score
We figured out the big secret to coordinating boat launches and other activities involving multiple people that you can't directly see..

lol

1601246901746.png

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
this weekend was as busy as I’ve ever seen it.. I couldn’t even get on the water yesterday all the ramps were full.

Parker was Packed yesterday. We put the Stoker on the trailer early Saturday morning and mine first thing this morning.

Mid week was just like it always been though. Quiet and peaceful. The weekend is for amateurs only.

dspracing

Reaction score
Saturday was unreal. We rolled into Havasu Marina around 11:30 AM, had maybe 2 boats in front of us to launch, no problem. Came back in just after sunset and it was as busy as I had ever seen it. The gentleman working there said it was as busy as labor day this year, trucks were lined up all the way onto the street, expect a 1.5-2hr wait! Went and had dinner, came back around 10 and it was empty.

gqchris

Reaction score
Saturday was unreal. We rolled into Havasu Marina around 11:30 AM, had maybe 2 boats in front of us to launch, no problem. Came back in just after sunset and it was as busy as I had ever seen it. The gentleman working there said it was as busy as labor day this year, trucks were lined up all the way onto the street, expect a 1.5-2hr wait! Went and had dinner, came back around 10 and it was empty.

Same with us, We put the boat on the trailer at 11pm. It was STILL busy, 4 boats on the ramp.

Can someone please explain why this continues so late in the season? LOL

PlanB

Reaction score
At the marina, just pull into the guest slips at the gas docks, nobody seems to use them for some odd reason, they are always empty, and they are covered which is nice on hot days.

^^^ This. People like to park at the gas docks instead, which if you are trying to get gas it makes it a PITA. All those nice guest slips, and few use them.

Ballyhoo

Reaction score
Communicating with the person in your truck via phone/radio solves the issue of not being able to see your truck-easy.
Floating near the the ramp is every bit as inconsiderate as prepping your boat on the ramp. People that float near the ramp while waiting for their trailer and people that prep on the ramp fall into these categories:

1. Just don't know any better aka, stupid

2. inconsiderate/don't care/ A-holes

Trying to label what type of boats that are more inclined to fall into the above categories is not a perfect science. I have seen every type of boat violate these common courtesy/boat etiquette practices.

Last edited:

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
What is this line you speak of? I can’t remember last time I had to wait to pull my boat off the water on a Saturday. That’s right Islander doesn’t have a line

Tank

Reaction score
We’ll be up river and in havasu for 12 days starting the 9th. I really hope the crowds die down. Usually pretty chill by then but the weather is still in the 100’s and looks to hold through mid oct so far from the projections and with home schooling and people I’ll working remotely it may still be crazy every weekend until the weather drops bellow 70!!!

gqchris

Reaction score
At the marina, just pull into the guest slips at the gas docks, nobody seems to use them for some odd reason, they are always empty, and they are covered which is nice on hot days.

Be sure to trim up! It is weed city in those and shallow as I found it this weekend:)

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
And the water level was low as i've ever seen it for summer

I walked up to look at the mouth of the river Saturday around sunset, half dozen boats stuck, Vessel Assist having a field day.

Riverfamlee

Reaction score
x100 on the radios. Makes life at the ramp way easier. I just chill way out of the way until were ready. Makes fine tuning easy too aka back up a little more or less. Same with launching. Put the ass just deep enough to start, tell her back up and done. 2 minute deal. We just use our desert handhelds

samsah33

Reaction score

Yep, those shaded courtesy slips near the gas docks are Havasu's best kept secret (shhhhhh...!). However, due to the traffic this year, they've started renting those out in addition to the normal slips (not sure if weekends only or all week). I talked to the people at the marina and they told me they warn renters to be patient if there's someone there since most people just assume they're still courtesy slips...

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Yep, those shaded courtesy slips near the gas docks are Havasu's best kept secret (shhhhhh...!). However, due to the traffic this year, they've started renting those out in addition to the normal slips (not sure if weekends only or all week). I talked to the people at the marina and they told me they warn renters to be patient if there's someone there since most people just assume they're still courtesy slips...
That's where Chuck, the Canadian goose(or whatever he was), would always hang out.🦆

DWC

Reaction score
We’ll be up river and in havasu for 12 days starting the 9th. I really hope the crowds die down. Usually pretty chill by then but the weather is still in the 100’s and looks to hold through mid oct so far from the projections and with home schooling and people I’ll working remotely it may still be crazy every weekend until the weather drops bellow 70!!!
It’s not just the home schooling. At this time of the year we couldn’t think about the river due to kids sports. Pop Warner/HS killed summer and fall boating for us. There’s not much going on. I don’t see it slowing down anytime soon.

Taboma

Reaction score
South Cove you could have loaded backwards, sideways or even upside down! 😁 Actually did see someone load upside down but it was a kayak.

I gather your 2-smoker didn't attract the nautical Mounty's. I was told by what I'd consider a reputable source, that because the Cat on those Yamahas, they are technically legal on the National Park or Rec lakes. I've never read that as a 2-stroke ban exception, only 2-stroke direct injection or DI skis and outboards. Hence, I'm doubting the Rangers would know this either.

DWC

Reaction score
Communicating with the person in your truck via phone/radio solves the issue of not being able to see your truck-easy.
Floating near the the ramp is every bit as inconsiderate as prepping your boat on the ramp. People that float near the ramp while waiting for their trailer and people that prep on the ramp fall into these categories:

1. Just don't know any better aka, stupid

2. inconsiderate/don't care/ A-holes

Trying to label what type of boats are more inclined to fall into the above categories is not a perfect science. I have seen every type of boat violate these common courtesy/boat etiquette practices.
I’d say the majority of floaters/boater don’t know any better with only 10-20% that just don’t care. The number of boats this year that pull on the launch ramp that aren’t even close to being ready is staggering. It’s the norm to have the clown car unload, undo tie downs, check plugs, turn on batteries/realize battery is dead while we wait.
I’ve said it many times, my kids sit at the buoy line and wait for the truck to start backing up. Waiting too long is also inconsiderate. Coming in too early is a shit show. Inexperienced boaters and/or rentals aren’t in short supply at Windsor.

Dirtbag

Reaction score
What is this line you speak of? I can’t remember last time I had to wait to pull my boat off the water on a Saturday. That’s right Islander doesn’t have a line
careful you might get called privileged

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
Parker was Packed yesterday. We put the Stoker on the trailer early Saturday morning and mine first thing this morning.

Mid week was just like it always been though. Quiet and peaceful. The weekend is for amateurs only.
i saw a few stokers go by the cabana on sat and wondered who they might be lol. even saw a nice red 22sst I/O

for the record parker sucked on thursday and friday. sat was fucked. then on sunday the traffic never cleared up on the water. i think wednesday through sunday is going to suck too but i will see and report back........if parker isn't closed.

Last edited:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Get a slip in marina, best $ spent for 0 hassles.
Load up at an off hour.
As said, Covid, no sports leaves nothing but lake time for many families.
I have no doubt off roading will have the same shit shows at the popular riding spots for the same reasons this year.
I can’t get my toon in for interior work until December at any Havi shop. The demand isn’t going away anytime soon.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Load up at an off hour.
I have no doubt off roading will have the same shit shows at the popular riding spots for the same reasons this year.
I can’t get my toon in for interior work until December at any Havi shop. The demand isn’t going away anytime soon.

Yea the desert is gonna be like the 405 this year LOL. Hopefully some of them won't be able to handle the chatter bumps around town and turn around to go home :)

PlanB

Reaction score
Load up at an off hour.

Not cheap, but our covered slip has been money very well spent. If I had to go back to launching I might give up boating.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Parker even on sunday was crazy busy . The low water level didnt help much .

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Not cheap, but our covered slip has been money very well spent. If I had to go back to launching I might give up boating.
I paid $129 average a weekend over 7 weekends, 30’ slip.
Money well spent, but my gas bill is about $80 a weekend so there is that lol.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
i saw a few stokers go by the cabana on sat and wondered who they might be lol. even saw a nice red 22sst I/O

for the record parker sucked on thursday and friday. sat was fucked. then on sunday the traffic never cleared up on the water. i think wednesday through sunday is going to suck too but i will see and report back........if parker isn't closed.

We were pretty much off the water by Saturday. I only went for one cruise in my toon on Friday I think? Probably went by you on Saturday night though to go have dinner with @OCMerrill in The Keys. What a great time we had!

🍻

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
We were pretty much off the water by Saturday. I only went for one cruise in my toon on Friday I think? Probably went by you on Saturday night though to go have dinner with @OCMerrill in The Keys. What a great time we had!

🍻
What an awesome nighttime cruise back up to Big Bend to drop you guys. Great night all around.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
I waited about 45 mins Saturday night around 730pm at the new Windsor ramp south. There was Magic 28' Scepter sitting about 30 yards from the ramp... sideways.

I saw a cat trailer back down and thought oh, his trailer was about to be in the water. Nope. It was Nordic deck that, obviously on purpose, pulled the front of his Nordic right up to about 5 feet from the side of the Magic and blasted his horn. The Magic finally got the hell out of the way. Had the Magic stayed where it was, I probably had less than two boat lengths to get mine straight before I hit the trailer. Prior to this, I had been waiting way out there so I didn't have to deal with this.

On a side note, there were some middle eastern gentlemen screaming at each other at the ramp. My buddy driving my truck said they couldn't get their pontoon on and didn't know how to get the van towing it in gear either. They had jack knifed their trailer so my buddy couldn't back down all the way. He didn't know where their trailer ended. He got pissed, pulled forward, and backed down a different lane.

It made me feel like pro because it was my second time trailering my new to me 29' Lavey in comparison to the all of the newbie clowns at the ramp.