WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Italian In Temecula area?

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Gonna be in the area next couple of days.. looking for a quaint authentic deliziosa Italian joint to celebrate our anniversary....

"What ya gonna do?"

ddevore

Reaction score
Filippis pizza, they never disappoint.

jeteater1

Jet boats suck
Reaction score
This place is pretty good.

Screenshot_20201004-194112_Chrome.jpg

Good Stuff

Reaction score
Rustico, Angelo’s & Anthony’s are decent. Gourmet Italia is probably the best spot in town. Angelo was one of their cooks and his food is great as well but more diner style less candlelight. The other recommendations from above are good if you pronounce it eyetalian and consider Olive Garden an option.

twocents

RDP Staff Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Are these places open for dine-in? If so, probably at 25% capacity? Remember, this is California!

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Fancy you want gourmet Italia

Pizza, subs, more grub style food bonjornos

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Anthony’s and Rustico are all solid!

But of course if you want some awesome lunch food and sandwiches as well or some delicatessen meats and cheeses then you cant go wrong with Campini's Deli !!

SS-C

Reaction score
Well, this post caught my interest since I know of this town, been there wine tasting years ago. The newer section was called Rancho California (back in the day) with old town being Temecula, but all that has long since changed.

Now, if you guys read LazyLavey post:

“Gonna be in the area next couple of days.. looking for a quaint authentic deliziosa Italian joint to celebrate our anniversary....”

Now, if you read the “celebrate our anniversary” part, you would not have suggested:

• a frickin deli… I’m sure his wife would not appreciate that
  • a frickin greasy diner… seriously guys
  • a frickin pub style pizza / sandwich shop
  • a frickin restaurant with red/white square polka dot table covers
From some of the suggested restaurants I looked up, only Anthony’s would make the list and I’m sure LazyLavey’s wife would agree! Hell, LazyLavey too for that matter!

Happy Anniversary you guys!!!

The deli Campini
Campini's Deli.jpg

The diner Swing Inn
Swing Inn.jpg

pub style pizza / sandwich shop Rosati's
Rosati's.jpg

red/white square polka dot Filippis
Filippi's.jpg

Anthony’s for the top of the list!
Anthony's.jpg

Take your wife to the other places for your anniversary and see how well it goes… lol

Anthony’s would be a no brainer

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Well, this post caught my interest since I know of this town, been there wine tasting years ago. The newer section was called Rancho California (back in the day) with old town being Temecula, but all that has long since changed.

Now, if you guys read LazyLavey post:

“Gonna be in the area next couple of days.. looking for a quaint authentic deliziosa Italian joint to celebrate our anniversary....”

Now, if you read the “celebrate our anniversary” part, you would not have suggested:

• a frickin deli… I’m sure his wife would not appreciate that
  • a frickin greasy diner… seriously guys
  • a frickin pub style pizza / sandwich shop
  • a frickin restaurant with red/white square polka dot table covers
From some of the suggested restaurants I looked up, only Anthony’s would make the list and I’m sure LazyLavey’s wife would agree! Hell, LazyLavey too for that matter!

Happy Anniversary you guys!!!

The deli Campini
View attachment 929282

The diner Swing Inn
View attachment 929283

pub style pizza / sandwich shop Rosati's
View attachment 929285

red/white square polka dot Filippis
View attachment 929290

Anthony’s for the top of the list!
View attachment 929293

Take your wife to the other places for your anniversary and see how well it goes… lol

Anthony’s would be a no brainer
I can agree lived here 29 years and sadly Italian is not the flavor of choice for nice dinner around here and pretty much only Anthonys is considered fancy here. If it was me it would be Blue water fish grill (old fish house vera cruse), gambling cowboy(butcher their own meats), or the great oak chop house.
definitely slim pickins for fancy italian!

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Is the capt cabin still just across the bridge on left ? I think that was what it was called .

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
Is the capt cabin still just across the bridge on left ? I think that was what it was called .
Nope that goodie sadly went out years ago around 2013, Sat vacant for about 3-4 years and it was turned into a Ballast point brewery location and that lasted about 2 years and it is now vacant again.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Nope that goodie sadly went out years ago around 2013, Sat vacant for about 3-4 years and it was turned into a Ballast point brewery location and that lasted about 2 years and it is now vacant again.
Dam back when we live there ( Rancho Calif ) that place was the shit .😫

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Haha yep i agree and hungry hunter was the place to be also haha the parents would go accross the road to ETs lounge and leave me in the car haha good days
Tony’s spunky steer was good and we lived in DOS gringos 👍

JM21

Reaction score
I can’t believe I am the only one to suggest gourmet Italia. The owner is from Italy/Sicily. I grew up in Chicago and frequented legit Italian places all around Chicago. This place is legit. Great wines, candle lit tables but it is in a strip mall. We go there often for date nights and I also take clients there for closing dinners.

IMG_7321.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fmo24

Reaction score
Doesn’t one of the wineries have a decent restaurant?

DoughBallin14

Reaction score
I can’t believe I am the only one to suggest gourmet Italia. The owner is from Italy/Sicily. I grew up in Chicago and frequented legit Italian places all around Chicago. This place is legit. Great wines, candle lit tables but it is in a strip mall. We go there often for date nights and I also take clients there for closing dinners.

View attachment 929344

Ah good call always forget about that one. There is always Trattoria Toscana temecula and Tresinos in wildomar. Not as fine dining but better then olive garden and mac grill haha

Good Stuff

Reaction score

View attachment 929344

Yeah that’s the only one I considered an option for his request. The other recommendations are crazy. If they have diner booths and you order at a counter I don’t think it’s an anniversary type of setup 🤣

socalrzr

Reaction score

View attachment 929344

I was going to suggest Gourmet Italia. I believe it is a little nicer than Anthony's, but I think the food at each is comparable.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Rancho + Anza, just down the way a bit. Bitchen area!
It was a great place to grow up, back then there wasn't nearly the amount of wineries that there is now. We used to tear through the hills on the motorcycles for hours after school, now the county ordinance won't allow that

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Gonna be in the area next couple of days.. looking for a quaint authentic deliziosa Italian joint to celebrate our anniversary....

"What ya gonna do?"
I would go to Anthony's in Old Town Murrieta on Washington Ave.
Amazing food and service is top notch.

Laguna

Reaction score
Francesca's in Temecula and Rustico are great.