WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Anyone have good sources for LPs? as in Vinyl, as in Records?

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Preparing for the return of my Marantz, and wondering where people who buy albums go to get them. I know amazon and the otehr mass market outlets are out there, but are there any good online sources that aren't found in the usual search engines?

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
We had a guy in town up here for a couple years, I bought some things from him, but the COVID cost him his business.
Sucks.
Being a long way from anywhere makes it difficult, and with winter coming the garage sale season is at an end. Next year...

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Are you after new, old...what type of genre?
My friend Mark has a small place called "Grump's Garage"...but he's down in Elsinore. Had mostly country and rockabilly stuff, but I wasn't really looking for albums when I went. I think he has a website?

Hallett_Whacker

Reaction score
I collected records for years... EBay and the internet pretty much killed the whole thing.

I would check your local area for record swaps. SoCal had Buena Park and Pasadena once a month.

MSum661

Reaction score
Try ebay.
I just scored an original 1978 first album Van Halen in VG+ Cover and Vinyl LP with insert.
And no...I don't care what anyone's opinion is of ebay today or any other day :)

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I like a lot of different music, am looking for albums, I will ask around and see if anyone knows of a place local. Will check with the gang the local bagel shop....our town's meeting place.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I just bought a Dick Dale at the swap meet, paid 18 bucks for it. But he was a trader albums was all he had.
There used to be a guy on Melrose, Floor to ceiling shelves of albums.
Ebay

Are you interested in more Dick Dale L.P's?

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Are you after new, old...what type of genre?
My friend Mark has a small place called "Grump's Garage"...but he's down in Elsinore. Had mostly country and rockabilly stuff, but I wasn't really looking for albums when I went. I think he has a website?

Your buddy has a awesome little site. Filling a wish list right now. Thanks for the tip! I love surf guitar, Junior Brown is amazing.
I havent bought vinyl in 40 years, I guess reverting to my youth in old age. LAst alburm I bought was an Alan Parsons Project piece, "turn of a Friendly Card"
I need a new cartridge for my turntable, working on that as well.

Double Live Gonzo

Reaction score
Huge place in St. Petersburg, FL. They claim largest collection of vinyl in the world... Banana Records. 3.5 million records

If you are not in the area, you'll have to call. I do not think they put them online.

bananasrecords.com

73mandella

Reaction score
Don't know about online, but if you are ever in Santa Ana (CA), there's a great shop on French Street just south of 4th Street. Just don't forget to pay the parking meter while you shop.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Bought this a while ago.
IMG_20201021_173127.jpg

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Preparing for the return of my Marantz, and wondering where people who buy albums go to get them. I know amazon and the otehr mass market outlets are out there, but are there any good online sources that aren't found in the usual search engines?
I have a whole box you can have for free. No clue what’s in it. Mostly rock from the sixties and seventies

Dana757

Reaction score
TMO records in HB, Fingerprints in Long Beach, Toxic Toast in Long Beach for punk Japanese imports. Record Parlor in Hollywood.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Look for thrift stores that are near retirement communities.

Dogzonboard

Reaction score
You can do a search for "Audiophile LP Vinyl Records" and get lots of sources. Acoustic Sounds and Music Direct have both been around a long time and have great selections!

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
I have a whole box you can have for free. No clue what’s in it. Mostly rock from the sixties and seventies

BP I appreciate the offer! Thank you! Alas, I am the hinterlands of NorCal, would rather see someone more local to you get them, so I will defer to MJC on this if he is closer than I. Just seems like the right thing to do.

Did not expect this kind of response guys. Thanks. Good to see the interest in the vinyl, and music in general.
With all the crap going on in the world I seem to retreat into music a lot more these days, especially late at night when my back hurts and I can't sleep. The right music; maybe a little Larry Carlton or Norman Brown on the guitar, or Chris Botti blowing that horn...it seems to settle me down.

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
always wanted to go there i hear its awsome...3 stories everything you can think of
Unfortunately that location is closed down. They were moving to another location but Covid put a pause on it.