WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Magic’s

Javajoe

Reaction score
So...I’m curious
What was the approx. price for a 2004-2007 28’ new Magic Deck boat w/ a 496 back then?

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
2006, 525efi, triple axle trailer, JL stage 2, bimini, etc fully loaded was 118 plus fees. Today it sells with 250 hours and in 8/10 condition for 98k and with 500 hours in 5/10 condition for 97k

Javajoe

Reaction score
Been looking for a long time for one and always wondered what they sold for

riverroyal

Reaction score
When I bought mine they were selling I think 3 a week or some crazy amount
I stopped by just to look. They pulled 3 hulls that were being sanded into the sun
Hosed them down to see the color and said pick one . Come back in 2 weeks it will be ready.
so I did! Place was cranking out boats.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I stopped by just to look. They pulled 3 hulls that were being sanded into the sun
Hosed them down to see the color and said pick one . Come back in 2 weeks it will be ready.

What is amazing is why no one can get their shit together and do the same for $150k

N2DEEP

Reaction score
I paid 100k out the door back in 06.

Attachments

• 11415CF3-2F6A-48C8-9B7E-2114FDD8C4DD.jpeg
    11415CF3-2F6A-48C8-9B7E-2114FDD8C4DD.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 166

riverroyal

Reaction score
What is amazing is why no one can get their shit together and do the same for $150k
Yeah. I dont get it. Nordic is the only one close to the production amounts from back then.
Its crazy to think builders like ultra and intercepter. Conquest, etc. Cant seem to pump out product .
No F n way id wait a year for a boat.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Yeah. I dont get it. Nordic is the only one close to the production amounts from back then.
Its crazy to think builders like ultra and intercepter. Conquest, etc. Cant seem to pump out product .
No F n way id wait a year for a boat.

On the flip side of that coin. Magic was operating at huge overhead to make those production numbers and was one of the first to go belly up when 2009 happened.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
On the flip side of that coin. Magic was operating at huge overhead to make those production numbers and was one of the first to go belly up when 2009 happened.
And the owners old house is down the street from me, it foreclosed, and my friend repod most of his vehicles. It was a shell game, he was fucking the flooring plan, pop a boat from the mold, give it a vin, get more money from his flooring plan, then sell them and don’t pay back the flooring creditor. eventually it caught up to him and it all went away.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I'll just jump in as a late Magic guy... I went to LA boat Show in 2005 and was looking for my first boat of any kind... I visited the Magic booth... they were also displaying their other brand [Cant recall its name] Boy was I in love but it was way more boat than I was ready for then. So I bought a 23' Caravelle Interceptor http://www.caravelleboats.net/ it was 45K from factory delivered to my door. I want to say the Magic 29' Wizard was appx 100-125K otd w/496 in 2005. So I made all my mistakes we all do and learned offshore and river/ lake boating in the southwest in that Interceptor from 2005 to 2010. My spine doctor said it'd be a good idea to get a bigger boat after looking at my 2010 mri.... so I went online in 2016 after not having a boat a while... and damn there was a 2006 Magic Wizard just like I was so intimidated by ten years ago at the show.... I paid 58K for it and did nothing but hard salt water ocean running these last 5 years and as of today sold her for 54,500. Granted I spent a few bucks on typical stuff that wears our but I gotta say that hull and build was more than I could've asked for. I never got wet and no matter the ocean conditions we never felt at risk. I understand the previous owners of Magic caused a lot of negativity out in AZ due to the economy and perhaps some poor business practices etc..... but she was a beautiful little river & lake girl who took the ocean head on and was never built to be a Lavey or a Fountain.

Matter of fact... she's on a barge to Kona, Hawaii next week to her new owner for more pacific love... guys got 4 kids so I know she'll keep em safe.

Magic lives.... regardless of price

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Can we really dispute present market evaluation ... all we can do is just watch what boats sell for I guess. Supply/ demand and it'll come & go.... are builders in this class of vessels putting much inventory into market today? Seems like I haven't seen the folks like Eliminator, Nordic & Shockwave posting much on new build threads of late..... just seems quiet ... hell, maybe they're just too busy building.

Javajoe

Reaction score
Yea really hard for me to pull the trigger on one. I got the cash but haven’t found one I like. Tough when you know what they went for and now what they are selling for. But...what the hell. It’s the market and the wife wants one but she is as picky as I am. Gunna be a while I guess. Sure is lots of ugly gel coats out there!!! WTF???

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Look good, but won’t be cheap. I hope they put some grey and black interior in that. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know the 520’s are base engines on these. It has to be black/grey colors for sure. The are north of $155k for sure.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score

Back during those time when I was helping cobra at shows I felt there were two things that magic had over everyone in sales... 1) $15k less and 2) he had molds ready to go to rigging right away. If a customer could find the colors they liked, the waiting period for a boat to be built was cut by 6-8 weeks.

Shit, I just waited 6 weeks for a surfboard to be shaped and glasses [emoji848]

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Back during those time when I was helping cobra at shows I felt there were two things that magic had over everyone in sales... 1) $15k less and 2) he had molds ready to go to rigging right away. If a customer could find the colors they liked, the waiting period for a boat to be built was cut by 6-8 weeks.

Shit, I just waited 6 weeks for a surfboard to be shaped and glasses [emoji848]

Bingo:

Keith Sayre said a family would come to Havasu in the spring ride in a Conquest deck , want one right away , and be told 12 weeks. They’d go over to Magic, pick a drive option, hull, and be on the water in 3 weeks.
The constant “Magic regatta” every weekend has been going on ever since, lol. They were the Weekend Warrior of boats...

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
View attachment 934678

The new Magic’s look great:
One ugly ass boat

I had two friends buy used Magic’s over the summer

One bought an 06 for 85k with a 540 that blew up in 4 hours. And the bimini broke too. Another 25k for new motor and bimini. It now will have 700 hp

The other bought I think an 05 with a teauge 800 in it. And a big stereo with 200 hours for 120 I think? Very nice boat!

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I was at the LA Boat Show I’m gonna say in January, 2002 when they debuted the Magic Deckboat. They were taking deposits for this new design for a price of $49K + TTL. The price skyrocketed right after the show. They must have sold a ton of them!

Javajoe

Reaction score
I know the 520’s are base engines on these. It has to be black/grey colors for sure. The are north of $155k for sure.
Horizon wanted me to wait until next year and buy a new Magic Deck from them. I asked how much. He said standard motor will be a 520 and will be about 175k. Ahhhh....No

LowRiver2

Reaction score
One ugly ass boat

I had two friends buy used Magic’s over the summer

One bought an 06 for 85k with a 540 that blew up in 4 hours. And the bimini broke too. Another 25k for new motor and bimini. It now will have 700 hp

The other bought I think an 05 with a teauge 800 in it. And a big stereo with 200 hours for 120 I think? Very nice boat!

I think this blue one is a love it or hate it color.
I know the owner and he’s had some “unique” colored boats before.
Good chance this boat will be relocating to Texas sooner than later once finished.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Horizon wanted me to wait until next year and buy a new Magic Deck from them. I asked how much. He said standard motor will be a 520 and will be about 175k. Ahhhh....No

Once Horizon gets them into production there will be a wait list for the new ones. Very likely old Magic owners will be selling to purchase new Horizon made models. You might get lucky when those come available.

riverroyal

Reaction score
And the owners old house is down the street from me, it foreclosed, and my friend repod most of his vehicles. It was a shell game, he was fucking the flooring plan, pop a boat from the mold, give it a vin, get more money from his flooring plan, then sell them and don’t pay back the flooring creditor. eventually it caught up to him and it all went away.
yeap. shell game with buyers.....until there wasnt! Wonder where Ron is. Or Darrin.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Once Horizon gets them into production there will be a wait list for the new ones. Very likely old Magic owners will be selling to purchase new Horizon made models. You might get lucky when those come available.
I dont think so. Not at 175K. They will sell but waiting in line at 175 and not having the instant gratification is unlikely. Unless they can built quick, no line.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
I dont think so. Not at 175K. They will sell but waiting in line at 175 and not having the instant gratification is unlikely. Unless they can built quick, no line.

I’m pretty sure the ones Preston is building now are for stock and not builds for specific people. I believe he’s building up an inventory. Once he begins selling them a new one will go in the mold, maybe I’m wrong, but that’s how I interpreted the model.

By a wide margin the Magic owners are extremely happy and love their boats. They’re loyal to the layout and ride along with the infamous exhaust sound. At least the ones I’ve spoken too. Those owners with 496 power only complain about wanting more HP.

Many are getting around to upgrading to the latest model. If the old model pricing is indicative of the new there’s no way they’ll lose money, even at $175k.

I’m just thinking out loud with an unproven theory so take it for what it’s worth.

She's Mine

Reaction score
a neighbor paid $104k for a Magic with a 525 back in 06/ 07.

hallett21

Reaction score
FYI 100k in 05 is 130-135k today

And 175k today was 130-135k in 05

She's Mine

Reaction score

Even at $175k they are way below the cost of other new boats so that could be very attractive to someone that wants that "New" boat feel. Shit used Magics are selling like hot cakes at $85-$99k all day long.

riverroyal

Reaction score
i will be looking at them for sure. I cant imagine the sleepless nights horizon guys have had getting this going

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Even at $175k they are way below the cost of other new boats so that could be very attractive to someone that wants that "New" boat feel. Shit used Magics are selling like hot cakes at $85-$99k all day long.

exaxrly, they are about 50k below the competitors at those prices. The showroom will be in Preston’s building next to mvd that they use for storing used boats now.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the ones Preston is building now are for stock and not builds for specific people. I believe he’s building up an inventory. Once he begins selling them a new one will go in the mold, maybe I’m wrong, but that’s how I interpreted the model.

By a wide margin the Magic owners are extremely happy and love their boats. They’re loyal to the layout and ride along with the infamous exhaust sound. At least the ones I’ve spoken too. Those owners with 496 power only complain about wanting more HP.

Many are getting around to upgrading to the latest model. If the old model pricing is indicative of the new there’s no way they’ll lose money, even at $175k.

I’m just thinking out loud with an unproven theory so take it for what it’s worth.

Pretty close:
This blue one is customer based, most of the others are not. The fact Preston is in 0 rush to sell them is a good thing in my opinion. Taking time to make everything the way he wants it will pay dividends in the future in terms of brand reputation, owner satisfaction , and positive word of mouth by said owners.

BigMike

Reaction score
Can we really dispute present market evaluation ... all we can do is just watch what boats sell for I guess. Supply/ demand and it'll come & go.... are builders in this class of vessels putting much inventory into market today? Seems like I haven't seen the folks like Eliminator, Nordic & Shockwave posting much on new build threads of late..... just seems quiet ... hell, maybe they're just too busy building.
I can’t speak to Eliminator or Nordic as to how busy they are, but Shockwave is the busiest they have ever been. I was at the shop a couple weeks ago, and they have 7-8 boats in the process of being built, and several more customers in line. It wouldn’t surprise me if the total number of boats built this year is 40 or more. And they do have a sign out front for “help wanted”, so I assume they could do even more if they had more labor.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I hear ya.... if you'd rather get one now and don't mind used I'd contact the boat brokers here directly on RDP. Just tell the one you like exactly what you're looking for and budget range and he'll do the footwork finding it. Who really knows when Preston will be ready. Just understand you'd be paying at top of the market trends... its a boat, go have fun on it I say. The boat market has ebbs & flows just like everything else.

Reactions: DWC

Javajoe

Reaction score
I hear ya.... if you'd rather get one now and don't mind used I'd contact the boat brokers here directly on RDP. Just tell the one you like exactly what you're looking for and budget range and he'll do the footwork finding it. Who really knows when Preston will be ready. Just understand you'd be paying at top of the market trends... its a boat, go have fun on it I say. The boat market has ebbs & flows just like everything else.
Yep, they all know I’m looking. Saw a few with Tim at Horizon, a few in the IE, went down to Yuma last weekend and test drove one. Been there done that. I know I will pay 70-90+ but if I am spending that much I want a good looking gel scheme and a well maintained boat. I understand it’s used but some people just don’t take care of their stuff or think they think they can still sell it for summer prices. They are sitting on the market now and sellers are dropping their prices every week realizing it’s not what it was a few months ago.

Last edited: