WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

CA DMV Sux?

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
so, the dmv cashed my check for registration (husky dualsport) in august and i still dont have the current sticker yet from the mail. wtf? y'all dealing with the same crap? if so i hope Vin is not upset lol. then i have three other dirt bikes green and red sticker the were expired at the end of may. haven't even seen a notice in th mail yet. going to AAA tomorrow. i'm sure they'll charge me a fuckin late fee too. fux this state

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
so, the dmv cashed my check for registration (husky dualsport) in august and i still dont have the current sticker yet from the mail. wtf? y'all dealing with the same crap? if so i hope Vin is not upset lol. then i have three other dirt bikes green and red sticker the were expired at the end of may. haven't even seen a notice in th mail yet. going to AAA tomorrow. i'm sure they'll charge me a fuckin late fee too. fux this state
They've stated that they are unreliable and you are responsible to renew when they fuk up and don't send you renewal notices.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
in other news i just got my plate last week for a trailer i bought in early march. they've gone from incompetent to downright dysfunctional. as soon as everything is current it's ALL moving to AZ.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Got mine 2 months after I paid for 2 trucks. 1 truck still has expired tags from February but has been paid. My ski never received tags.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
in other news i just got my plate last week for a trailer i bought in early march. they've gone from incompetent to downright dysfunctional. as soon as everything is current it's ALL moving to AZ.
AZ isn’t much better. 🙄

77charger

Reaction score
You think ca dmv is bad I’ll tell you about my fucking disaster trying to transfer my ca titled sand rail to az been working on it since august dmv clerk just gave it back saying she can’t do nothing. It’s been a back and forth nightmare

wishiknew

Reaction score
You better get a az drivers license then CHP will Fuc with you if you have a Cali lic and anything registered in your name in another state

zhandfull

Reaction score

They might be able to help on the dual sport but AAA doesn’t do any off-road registration.

boatpi

Reaction score
I made a mistake and mail them a check for registration renewal in June I got cash two weeks ago.

they are absolutely out of control.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Getting my Class A again for work.

DMV tells me my passport is “on hold”,
Have to use birth certificate or wait 30 days for Passport: Homeland Security to figure it out.
One call to FBI, who calls State Department , apologize to me and fixed in 30 minutes
DMV calls to tell me I can come take test

i tell her that’s what having contacts with common sense gets for you:
Hung up on the idiot , lol.

Total idiots at Carson Commercial DL office

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score

Don't feel too bad. I paid my tags for both vehicles in early July (they were due like July 8th). According to my bank (because I bill payed it), they received the checks right around July 8th.

Around September, I get mail from the DMV that I now owe late fees because I never paid my registration. So I go back to bill pay and look it up. Turns out they cashed my checks like that day for one vehicle, and waiting a couple more days, for the other. So I printed copies of the proof of payment (and dates they got the checks) and put them in the DMV return envelopes and wrote on them that they received the payments on time, and therefore there was no way in hell I was paying late fees just because they were too lazy to process my renewals and cash my checks in a timely fashion.

Turns out like a week later I got the tags for both vehicles in the mail. I haven't heard a peep back from the DMV so far about my supposed late fees.

Sharpy

Reaction score
Doesn’t anyone use the My DMV portal? I haven’t had any trouble or delays with it. Just received my reg and tags a week after I payed.

evantwheeler

Reaction score
Been waiting on my ‘21 sticker for my truck for 3 months.... been pulled over out of state once and at least my registration is current in the “system” according to the officer.

Jimmyv

Reaction score
CA DMV tags late or never appear - been there, done that!

Too many vehicles to play this game throughout the year. Get AAA. Its worth the membership if only for walking in with registration renewal and out with tags in hand.

Now don’t get me started on smog certs!

Last edited:

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
wife went to AAA and paid this years registration on three bikes and found out the fourth bike (the one they cashed the check for in august) tags are lost in the mail and were sent in september. boat hasn't been paid since 2018. never got a notice for that either. glad i had her check. they need better stickers for the boats. always one side blown off so that the two side's years dont match anyway lol

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
CA DMV tags late or never appear - been there, done that!

Too many vehicles to play this game throughout the year. Get AAA. Its worth the membership if only for walking in with registration renewal and out with tags in hand.

Now don’t get me started on smog certs!
yep. no kidding

81eliminator

Reaction score
AAA can see that your check was received, I have a constant problem with my Husky dual sport because they use a KTM SX serial number. this shows' as a KTM MX bike in the insurance company computer so they do not send proof of insurance to the DMV. my bike renews in December but my insurance is done in April so every April i get a notice from the DMV that my registration has been revoked and I need proof of insurance. When I received my first insurance card the bike was listed as a KTM, I told the insurance company this would be a problem if I ever got stopped but they said they couldn't change what was in their computer. I finally got them to correct the insurance card but for the third year the DMV needed proof of insurance from me.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
AAA can see that your check was received, I have a constant problem with my Husky dual sport because they use a KTM SX serial number. this shows' as a KTM MX bike in the insurance company computer so they do not send proof of insurance to the DMV. my bike renews in December but my insurance is done in April so every April i get a notice from the DMV that my registration has been revoked and I need proof of insurance. When I received my first insurance card the bike was listed as a KTM, I told the insurance company this would be a problem if I ever got stopped but they said they couldn't change what was in their computer. I finally got them to correct the insurance card but for the third year the DMV needed proof of insurance from me.
a buddy bought a ktm 350 sx and they sent him a fuggin Plate! i didn't believe him until he showed me lol. they had some weird shit going on with there numbers 2-3 years ago i guess it was.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Update:
Got hard CDL in mail after 6 weeks and guess what?
No Hazmat endorsement on the
Hard copy😡
My interim expires 5/8 so I get to pay a visit to Gardena office today and get their minds right (again)
Incompetence squared as this was sent up by the supervisor there.
Arrgh

Wedgy

Reaction score
So Close. Carry on Lawman. Walk Softly,

Small Town Texas is a step back in time with a warm Texas drawl.
I did just however, find out about the Water Moccasins...

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I’m into this CDL about $200 of my own dime.
I simply wasn’t having non Bomb Techs drive our reaponse trucks.

Next step is passenger bus/ tank endorsements so I can recoup my money on O/T driving the jail bus and Air support fuel trucks when called upon.

Familyties

Reaction score
I won a trophy from a Badgers race in Johnson Valley in 1985, Good club, Great course.

kiethco

Reaction score
I almost got towed from in front of my office building last Thursday. I paid my fees, smogged, insurance certs on file........in July 2020.
Last Friday tried to make an appointment, no longer taking appointments online. Called the number, got a callback 2 hours later, can't help me, I need to make an appointment, but the system to do that was shut down last year! I asked her if she's ever heard of the Twilight Zone, cause we're in it. she was unaware, lol. You can't write this shit. She acknowledged my fees have been paid and the mistake is on their end.
This is cause enough to recall Newsome. He campaigned on the promise to reform the DMV. 6 months later he said he couldn't fix it, the system was too broke! If this idiot wasn't busy pursuing a higher office and trying to "fix" things that didn't need fixing in the state he could do this. It's my mission to make sure he doesn't advance his political career. He's been campaigning for President since COVID hit.

JDub24

American Bad-Ass!!
Reaction score
According to some LE friends that work traffic they don’t even bother pulling people over for out of date tags unless they are waaaay out of date or for other reasons. They know of the situation at the DMV and they have better things to do anyways.

stokerwhore

aka bordsmnj
Reaction score
I won a trophy from a Badgers race in Johnson Valley in 1985, Good club, Great course.
C'MON OUT in two weeks. Spangler hill's/ charlie's place staging. We'll do it again. don't know what course A looks like but Course B will have it all. I might throw in hard alt route if i have time.