WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

New Sushi place

Flatsix66

Reaction score
Anyone try the new Sushi bar in Havasu where the Indian Spice used to be? Next to El Paraiso.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
I just saw that when we went to El Paraiso, hopefully you get some good feedback

Dirtbag

Reaction score
Sushi in havasu...i just cant....it cant be fresh

petie6464

Reaction score
Dang. The Indian place was pretty good, super wirdo lurch dude was a bit hard to stomach tho.

I'll pass, for now and see if anyone has an ass blast or hospitalization report.

wzuber

Reaction score
Dang. The Indian place was pretty good, super wirdo lurch dude was a bit hard to stomach tho.

I'll pass, for now and see if anyone has an ass blast or hospitalization report.
Send In RD. He'll eat it, he'll eat anything. Haha

sintax

Reaction score

in all fairness, the FDA says all fish served raw (aka sushi / sashimi) must be frozen before hand. So in theory, it could be the identical fish you get in the best sushi joint in NYC or LA ( exceptions being a deep sea tuna, and farm raised fish, i think)

DWC

Reaction score
in all fairness, the FDA says all fish served raw (aka sushi / sashimi) must be frozen before hand. So in theory, it could be the identical fish you get in the best sushi joint in NYC or LA ( exceptions being a deep sea tuna, and farm raised fish, i think)
IMO - The city doesn’t matter as much as the volume of fish the restaurant goes through. :D

Tank

Reaction score
so you are saying no way you are eating Sushi in Vegas either?
Best sushi I've had in my life (and I've eaten sushi all over) was in Vegas. At Hyakumi in Ceasars Palace across from the Cleopatra Bar. All since shuttered to make room for the vastly over rated Nobu. Place was amazing. Proposed to my wife there too. They flew in their fish from Japan.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Best sushi I've had in my life (and I've eaten sushi all over) was in Vegas. At Hyakumi in Ceasars Palace across from the Cleopatra Bar. All since shuttered to make room for the vastly over rated Nobu. Place was amazing. Proposed to my wife there too. They flew in their fish from Japan.
People have 0 clue about how much fresh seafood travels through LAX daily.

We used to get called out once a month to a cargo X-ray that hit on explosives for live lobster enroute to Vegas.
It was the cleaning products of the container that set the sensors off.
We could see the lobster on X-ray but still had to open one crate to be 100% for airline level of safety.

Thev told us that opened crate of lobster always was always killed because the seal was broken.
Was told cost of that opened load was $10k a pop.
Shipping Company finally stopped using that brand of container cleaner after 5 call ups.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
unless you catch it yourself
seared ahi, smoked, and pokie
stop on by
image0000001 (1) (1).jpg
image0000011 (4).jpg

River Runnin

Reaction score
Certified Sushi Master @ Maki Sushi in Bullhead is probably the best I've had in AZ! ... And I ain't gonna go to or spend 2 more years in Japan to name the Best I've had! 😆

Last edited:
Reactions: DWC

Flatsix66

Reaction score
So I was all excited about a sushi lunch at the new place in town and found out two things!
1. They don't have their booze license yet .... So no Asahi beer
and
2. Their fooking closed on Mondays!
No Booze! Over and out!

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
With all the So Cal people "ruining" havasu they're bound to get a few more sushi places :cool:

I’m still waiting (hoping) for this in Dallas...good sushi is incredibly elusive.

Meanwhile, in LA I could throw a rock and hit 5 or 6 good sushi places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Business Man's Bar, Sasebo Japan. A one man operation - sushi chef, bar tender and grill chef all done by one guy. Outstanding.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Should be getting it soon I hear.... So they're not out yet! :)
So we go back today! Arrived at about 1/4 after 3. The hours on the door say something like Lunch 11 to 2:30 and Dinner from 4:00 to something! -- OK!
Walk up and the Fook'n door is locked! -- nothing saying their closed from 2:30 to 4:00! :mad: So I'm fuk'n done with that joint! ... Back to Sushi @ Bashas!

Flatsix66

Reaction score
So we go back today! Arrived at about 1/4 after 3. The hours on the door say something like Lunch 11 to 2:30 and Dinner from 4:00 to something! -- OK!
Walk up and the Fook'n door is locked! -- nothing saying their closed from 2:30 to 4:00! :mad: So I'm fuk'n done with that joint! ... Back to Sushi @ Bashas!
Who eats at 3:15? The Chef was probably busy catching and cleaning the fish.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Who eats at 3:15? The Chef was probably busy catching and cleaning the fish.
Who closes their Fook'n doors for Lunch! OH! the New Sushi Joint! -- So Anything after Appointments and haircut! -- Except Sushi! 😑
Babaloos didn't disappoint!:)

DMF

Reaction score
We went on Saturday night. We did not have a good experience.

DMF

Reaction score
Why? Bad fish or poor service or?
We sat at our table for at least 15 minutes before anyone asked us what we wanted to drink. We waited another 10 minutes or so before they asked us to order. We still have not gotten our drinks yet. My wife tried to order sushi and they said the sushi chef is backed up. They said it would take 45 - 60 minutes to get sushi and we should just order food from the kitchen. Meanwhile, there was two large smashed roaches on the floor about 8' from our table. We decided to leave and needless to say we will not go back.

fishing fool

Reaction score
Wanted to take the wife there Monday night for out anniversary dinner and they were CLOSED....... Not a light on anywhere.