WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cat converter theft...again

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Sucks big time. I grew up there, 1106 East 46th St, off of Atlantic, between Atlantic and Orange.
Left in 1976.
You have to decide how much you are willing to put up with, the die has been cast and even if the voters rose up tomorrow and began insisting on reversing course by electing representatives to Sacramento that will begin to reassemble the California Penal Code into something that reflects sanity, meaning crimes of auto theft etc will be felonies again, this is only going to get worse. The thieves know better than most that there is almost no likelihood they will be caught, (fewer cops who can only arrest on misdemeanors if they witness the crime or have a warrant) and if caught the chance a prosecutor files on them (probation, dismissed in interest of justice) and if filed on and convicted the worst they get is a fine or probation, well they know.

They know the odds are way way in their favor.

I sure as hell would not risk going to jail over this, and in LA county with the new DA there are good odds if you use deadly force protecting property he will spend the budget dry in sending you to prison for shooting some poor kid who is forced to commit crimes due to his station in life (his words).
The smart money is on moving someplace with a better quality of life.
It sucks hard to have to uproot your entire world to get away from the shithole that California has become, but we all make the choice of how much stink we are willing to tolerate. You live it everyday, but are surrounded with people in denial and people who have managed to put blinders on and assume that since it hasn't happened to them yet it isn't really happening, and therefore all is well.
Like watching the house across the street burn to the ground and saying "well, it isn't my house"
Yeah...not yet.

Hard choices.
Hang in there.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
This guy probably stole it.

A79A0BFF-5A82-4D91-B3D0-0A529E87ACE8.jpeg

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
this is where this really gets fucked,... we have the lowest price converters, the reason is , the core... with a core I will sell and instal converters for less then my cost,..after market cats have low core value...like 3-5 bucks, specitly cats, and maniflod cats cost the most...that and ford v-10 cats,..when a car comes in with no cats, it cost more to repair... that and they never remove the O2 sensors, they just rip them out...a lot have to go to the dealer because the whole exhaust was ruined.. cal has to have cert cats,... but hers whats weird.... I have to fill out a card for every car I do...and have to have the card to legal sell the scrap.... kinda like you have to have title to scrap cars...it shound be easy to catch these guys , but.... most sell to out of state scrap buyers,...

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
this is where this really gets fucked,... we have the lowest price converters, the reason is , the core... with a core I will sell and instal converters for less then my cost,..after market cats have low core value...like 3-5 bucks, specitly cats, and maniflod cats cost the most...that and ford v-10 cats,..when a car comes in with no cats, it cost more to repair... that and they never remove the O2 sensors, they just rip them out...a lot have to go to the dealer because the whole exhaust was ruined.. cal has to have cert cats,... but hers whats weird.... I have to fill out a card for every car I do...and have to have the card to legal sell the scrap.... kinda like you have to have title to scrap cars...it shound be easy to catch these guys , but.... most sell to out of state scrap buyers,...

It gets better...the 1500HD is an odd beast when it come to CA emissions equipment. One side might be discontinued through GM...and because it has a piece of hydro formed pipe attached to it to snake over the crossmember, there no aftermarket for the whole assembly, just a universal type weld in...which won’t do me any good because they took the pipes too. I’m still digging...GM cataloging is garbage. Out of 5 dealers I called, 3 say it’s discontinued, and 2 said they’re available but one is on back order.

ka0tyk

Reaction score
It gets better...the 1500HD is an odd beast when it come to CA emissions equipment. One side might be discontinued through GM...and because it has a piece of hydro formed pipe attached to it to snake over the crossmember, there no aftermarket for the whole assembly, just a universal type weld in...which won’t do me any good because they took the pipes too. I’m still digging...GM cataloging is garbage. Out of 5 dealers I called, 3 say it’s discontinued, and 2 said they’re available but one is on back order.

join Silverado groups on Facebook. There’s a lot of part outs. I bought a factory mid pipe for my navigator from Florida and shipped it via greyhound for like $50. It looked stock and that’s all my smog guy cared about.

84miller

Reaction score
If you want to give these thefts a surprise, install this bike alarm inside the truck. It is cheap and easy to set. Watched the video and truly cannot believe a highly populated neighbor that someone would take the chance over 120 bucks. This alarm in the truck would have sent them running...

M-Wave Bicycle Alarm (kohls.com)

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
If you want to give these thefts a surprise, install this bike alarm inside the truck. It is cheap and easy to set. Watched the video and truly cannot believe a highly populated neighbor that someone would take the chance over 120 bucks. This alarm in the truck would have sent them running...

M-Wave Bicycle Alarm (kohls.com)

I’m working on an idea that involves .357 blanks. Nobody calls the cops for alarms. Cops come running in a hurry for “gunshot like sounds”

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I’m working on an idea that involves .357 blanks. Nobody calls the cops for alarms. Cops come running in a hurry for “gunshot like sounds”
That sounds like some serious "Home Alone" shit😆

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
That sounds like some serious "Home Alone" shit😆

Vibration/noise sensor trigger for a latching relay that runs a small 12V motor with a half gear/half wheel with firing pins. Line up 6 “rounds” in a slide track.

All the shit is available at McMaster for like $30. ... a bit of machine work and wala. Alarm that calls the cops without monthly dues.

Ramsets are legal, no reason this shouldn’t be.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Yes they do. Neighbor had a party going way too late one year, called cops and nothing. Put the paintball gun on full auto and ripped off several bursts of empty shots by an open window, within minutes party was done.

ka0tyk

Reaction score
On a Chevy Facebook group someone recommended these. They bolt inside the door and prevent people from just punching out the handle and grabbing the rods to open the door. Basically a plate that removes access.

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
Looks like this guy was busy.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Looks like this guy was busy.
Poor guy was just trying to support his family after Newsom put him out of work.