WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Habit Havasu

petie6464

Reaction score
Went to give them a second chance yesterday, Closed with sign on door. "Temporarily closed"

I guess I was right after the first try. .

DWC

Reaction score
They were closed up early on Friday too. Figured they had a Vid outbreak and got shut down.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
A positive test on just one employee, let alone a manger, would likely pause their operation for a while. Sorry to hear this. I've been twice and both times were good.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Petie says every eatery in Havasu sucks, so why does he keep dining there? :)

I heard they are opening another French Laundry location in Parker! 😂. Maybe that will satisfy his discerning tastes.

Last edited:

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
I went thr twice in the last few days and was suprised it was closed.

WildWilly

Reaction score
Last week I recall seeing ads hiring for their...and not just a single person but like 10 open pots which I thought was odd but now seeing this makes you wonder

DWC

Reaction score
Last week I recall seeing ads hiring for their...and not just a single person but like 10 open pots which I thought was odd but now seeing this makes you wonder
Interesting, our Uber driver said that the whole crew that opened the Havasu location was out of Flagstaff. Maybe he wasn’t full of shit.

petie6464

Reaction score
Petie says every eatery in Havasu sucks, so why does he keep dining there? :)

I heard they are opening another French Laundry location in Parker! 😂. Maybe that will satisfy his discerning tastes.

Not all the them suck, just 99.99% of them do-

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I asked for his approved list over a month ago.😁

Exactly. You don’t live in Havasu and proceed to lecture everyone on your discriminating culinary tastes. There is a lot of good food in and around town. There is also some not so good food.

There are no great dining “experiences” however, but what do you expect in a town where dressing up is putting on a T shirt that is less than 5 years old.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Exactly. You don’t live in Havasu and proceed to lecture everyone on your discriminating culinary tastes. There is a lot of good food in and around town. There is also some not so good food.

There are no great dining “experiences” however, but what do you expect in a town where dressing up is putting on a T shirt that is less than 5 years old.
I figure Petie has some good choices, not sure why he won't tell us. My take on Havasu food is, lots of good places, but consistency is the problem.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

That is some Serious sig line shit right there!!!

😁

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score

Since when is a 6 year old tshirt not business casual?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taboma

Reaction score

OK, so which of the several " Hum, Fili, Rili ---- Bertos" Is the place to get To Go Mex ? Especially between the Hum and Fili as they're closer 😁

Trivia question --- just how many variations of the " Something --- Bertos" are there ? Cracks me up 😂

Outdrive1

Reaction score
OK, so which of the several " Hum, Fili, Rili ---- Bertos" Is the place to get To Go Mex ? Especially between the Hum and Fili as they're closer [emoji16]

Trivia question --- just how many variations of the " Something --- Bertos" are there ? Cracks me up [emoji23]

petie6464

Reaction score
Consistency is always a problem with line cooks, they get enough money one week and they usually don't come back. The main problem is lack of training, they have no formal culinary training and they are usually just someone that needs a paycheck and are thrown in a kitchen and trained by someone that knows nothing; Combine that with lack of quality ingredients, basically here whatever you get from Cisco is what is being served at restaurants so crap in, crap out.

I gave up on finding good quality food here long ago, I'm always hopeful when a new joint opens but always disappointed as per reasons above.

That's why I really don't have a list of places to eat nor recommend per say. I've more found having some place that won't give me the squirts and fills my belly a good dinning experience here. For that reason I will eat lunch at Place to be (Although the big bald guy that serves you really makes you question coming back) floating daily menu of some creative selections. Chico's is decent although recently a change of ownership and a slide in food taste and consistency has caused me to not go there for a while to see if they get their act together. On occasion the now Covid defunct Taste of India, again at lunch I will go to in and out.

That's really it I don't even attempt dinner dinning out here.

I cook a lot and mail order spices etc. Good proteins can be found in Vegas.

It's a rough town if you're hungry and want more than gross beer bar food.

Taboma

Reaction score

I was thinking that Roberto's in San Diego was the first one I recall seeing. Didn't realize Humberto's was a franchise and Filiberto's wasn't just one, but several. Wonder if anybody has counted up all the variations. 🤔 😁

So OK, you being a regular, which one by the Chevron, Humbertos or Filibertos is the go to Havasu place --- I'm sure RD has his favorite, just don't recall which one.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
I was thinking that Roberto's in San Diego was the first one I recall seeing. Didn't realize Humberto's was a franchise and Filiberto's wasn't just one, but several. Wonder if anybody has counted up all the variations. [emoji848] [emoji16]

So OK, you being a regular, which one by the Chevron, Humbertos or Filibertos is the go to Havasu place --- I'm sure RD has his favorite, just don't recall which one.

I don’t eat that garbage, not a fan at all.

Taboma

Reaction score
Consistency is always a problem with line cooks, they get enough money one week and they usually don't come back. The main problem is lack of training, they have no formal culinary training and they are usually just someone that needs a paycheck and are thrown in a kitchen and trained by someone that knows nothing; Combine that with lack of quality ingredients, basically here whatever you get from Cisco is what is being served at restaurants so crap in, crap out.

I gave up on finding good quality food here long ago, I'm always hopeful when a new joint opens but always disappointed as per reasons above.

That's why I really don't have a list of places to eat nor recommend per say. I've more found having some place that won't give me the squirts and fills my belly a good dinning experience here. For that reason I will eat lunch at Place to be (Although the big bald guy that serves you really makes you question coming back) floating daily menu of some creative selections. Chico's is decent although recently a change of ownership and a slide in food taste and consistency has caused me to not go there for a while to see if they get their act together. On occasion the now Covid defunct Taste of India, again at lunch I will go to in and out.

Used to be an amazing Mex restaurant here locally in North County San Diego, which has a lot of them. My wife and I ate there almost every other Sunday. We preferred Sunday's because that was the day the local gang dudes with face and neck prison tats :oops: brought their ladies and mama & papa, all dressed up and were on their best behavior. They had the best chef, their food was wonderful.
Then one Sunday after going for several years and not being stabbed, we order our normal and it wasn't the same at all, entirely different flavor. Sure enough when I inquired, the chef had been either deported or had decided to move on. Stopped going and in a short time so had apparently a lot of others and just like that --- GONE.

Haven't been to a Mex place in Havasu since they closed Hernandez Hideaway (Not that it was all that great, just a fun place), and there was an awesome hole in the wall place I don't recall the name of out by Desert Hills.

Taboma

Reaction score
I don’t eat that garbage, not a fan at all.

Every now and then I love a good greasy Mex Taco, but rarely have I bought one at any Bertos. We've got a couple of nice walk in places nearby, much cleaner me thinks.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
OK, so which of the several " Hum, Fili, Rili ---- Bertos" Is the place to get To Go Mex ? Especially between the Hum and Fili as they're closer 😁

Trivia question --- just how many variations of the " Something --- Bertos" are there ? Cracks me up 😂

I have never been to HUM. I have been to FIL a few times late at night, and the food was epic from what I remember, but we walked there drunk.. so take that for what its worth.

I was getting breakfast burritos from there for awhile and they were decent, but then they raised the price from like $4 early bird breakfast burritos to $8, so I stopped going there.

Taboma

Reaction score
I have never been to HUM. I have been to FIL a few times late at night, and the food was epic from what I remember, but we walked there drunk.. so take that for what its worth.

I was getting breakfast burritos from there for awhile and they were decent, but then they raised the price from like $4 early bird breakfast burritos to $8, so I stopped going there.

"Late at night, drunk For what it's worth" ---- all Noted 😂 Holy crap, a $ 8 breakfast burrito, I'll pass on that unless it's enough for two of us. When we were out there a couple of weeks ago I was in the mood for tacos, not the Del or Bell or Box, varieties, but wasn't sure which Bertos to try, so thanks. Then while needing a screw from Ace, :oops:, I noticed the Rilibertos and found it amusing finding yet another Berto variation.

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I was thinking that Roberto's in San Diego was the first one I recall seeing. Didn't realize Humberto's was a franchise and Filiberto's wasn't just one, but several. Wonder if anybody has counted up all the variations. 🤔 😁

Baby 'Berto's: They're a slippery bunch, but by our best count, San Diego County currently has 15 versions of the name, with a total of 123 outlets. The 15 'Berto's are Ro-, Al-, Ali-, Fili-, Ai-, Gual-, Jil-, Hil-, Adal-, Roy-, Ram-, Ham-, Hum-, Ru-, and Rol-. The mamas and the papas of the genre are Ro- and Al-, of course, with 43 and 20 outlets respectively. La Jolla and San Marcos are the only major centers without an active 'Berto's.

franky

Reaction score

Gino (the big bald guy) is an awesome guy when you get to know him. How you get to know him is look directly at him and speak distinctly and clearly. He is near deaf and if you don't know that you might think he is a bit rude. He knows and has good craft beer and serves great meals. If you want singing servers go to La Vita Dolce ...

Taboma

Reaction score
Baby 'Berto's: They're a slippery bunch, but by our best count, San Diego County currently has 15 versions of the name, with a total of 123 outlets. The 15 'Berto's are Ro-, Al-, Ali-, Fili-, Ai-, Gual-, Jil-, Hil-, Adal-, Roy-, Ram-, Ham-, Hum-, Ru-, and Rol-. The mamas and the papas of the genre are Ro- and Al-, of course, with 43 and 20 outlets respectively. La Jolla and San Marcos are the only major centers without an active 'Berto's.

Wow, very cool, thanks for that --- damn after living here for 42 of my 72 years, I should have known that. 😂 Honestly, in all those years, I've eaten at a Roberto's in Solana Beach, once and one I didn't see on your 15 list, but showed up as revised # 19 near the bottom of that article is, Eribertos, in Vista, again once. But living by Escondido, there's no shortage of hole in the wall small taco shops to try.
Actually one of the best small Mex food places for amazing tacos is Consuelo's in Scripps ranch.

FreeBird236

Reaction score

I was going to give you a like until the last line, I think that's a little too harsh, but I respect your right.

FreeBird236

Reaction score

Thanks for that, I always wondered. We had an Alberto's 30 some years or so ago in Cali, and the copycats just went crazy over the years. It seems a lot of them copy more than the look, some the food is identical.

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
"Late at night, drunk For what it's worth" ---- all Noted 😂 Holy crap, a $ 8 breakfast burrito, I'll pass on that unless it's enough for two of us. When we were out there a couple of weeks ago I was in the mood for tacos, not the Del or Bell or Box, varieties, but wasn't sure which Bertos to try, so thanks. Then while needing a screw from Ace, :oops:, I noticed the Rilibertos and found it amusing finding yet another Berto variation.

Don’t forget Rigoberto’s if you’re ever in Albany Oregon👍🏽😂

petie6464

Reaction score
Gino (the big bald guy) is an awesome guy when you get to know him. How you get to know him is look directly at him and speak distinctly and clearly. He is near deaf and if you don't know that you might think he is a bit rude. He knows and has good craft beer and serves great meals. If you want singing servers go to La Vita Dolce ...

I did not know that. I will take your advice. 👍

petie6464

Reaction score
I actually considered it at one-point. I would certainly blow a gasket when on the first day four outta five employees where a no-show.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

For lunch and "take out" mexican food I usually go to the Carneceria.

I would tell you it is great, probably the best Mexican take out in town and I have never had a bad meal from there. But if I did someone will come back over the top and say they broke their dentures on a piece of tomato in their pico de gallo from there one time and would never go back.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
I will shit water for a week after eating any “bertos”. I cant do it.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
Blondies, Tuesday and Thursday taco nights, best I have had in quite some time. And if your wife needs a new dildo the sex store is in the same parking lot.

petie6464

Reaction score
Blondies, Tuesday and Thursday taco nights, best I have had in quite some time. And if your wife needs a new dildo the sex store is in the same parking lot.

Wife needs a new better tasting taco-

petie6464

Reaction score

I would tell you it is great, probably the best Mexican take out in town and I have never had a bad meal from there. But if I did someone will come back over the top and say they broke their dentures on a piece of tomato in their pico de gallo from there one time and would never go back.

Dang you must have an iron gut and taste buds of steel! A saw to cut that boot meat also.

Taboma

Reaction score

Cool, I'll give it a try next trip. Carneceria El Corral on LH Ave by Hot laps ? I'm not really that hard to please when it comes to Mexican food.

All I know is, three, maybe four days is as long as I've lasted without getting the shits while staying in Mexico, doesn't matter what I eat, or don't eat or drink or not.
One exception was five days at a fly in fishing resort on the East Cape by La Paz, I was pleasantly surprised I made it the entire trip no problems.

Taboma

Reaction score
Dang you must have an iron gut and taste buds of steel! A saw to cut that boot meat also.

Yeah, but based on your Mex reviews, I won't be satisfying any craving for Mex when I'm in town, so I'm going to have to brave it and report back. At least your review of LOF's Carneceria place didn't have you squirtin out your ears. :oops:

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Cool, I'll give it a try next trip. Carneceria El Corral on LH Ave by Hot laps ? I'm not really that hard to please when it comes to Mexican food.

All I know is, three, maybe four days is as long as I've lasted without getting the shits while staying in Mexico, doesn't matter what I eat, or don't eat or drink or not.
One exception was five days at a fly in fishing resort on the East Cape by La Paz, I was pleasantly surprised I made it the entire trip no problems.

That is the one. Just walk to the back where the butcher is.