WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Disney Plus. The Mandalorean looks promising.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I like the new season so far. It wove a lot of things into the storyline from the animated series, which I actually liked.

Some detail here if you’re interested, it helps make sense of a lot of things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Didn’t make it half way thru the latest episode.
Turned it off. Sucked. Last weeks did too. I understand thats pretty much the consensus amongst fans on Twitter.
Campy chic crap.

A lot of people told me it was good...

I turned it off halfway though the first episode. Awful.

People kept saying it was good, so I gave it another shot...

The first few episodes are only there to set up the overall story, it's actually not bad once you get into it. If you're expecting it to be like star wars (like I was), it's not. It's a little bit corny at times, but overall not bad at all. It was worth the second look.

Reactions: TPC

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I started thinking out I recognize that guy's voice. I then thought it was Timothy olyphant. Pretty funny when it turns out the other man DeLorean was all oliphant.
It's just a John Wayne or Clint Eastwood movie with spaceships.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I started thinking out I recognize that guy's voice. I then thought it was Timothy olyphant. Pretty funny when it turns out the other man DeLorean was all oliphant.

We thought the same LOL

To me, the show is a mix of a traditional western, and a video game.

Western, because you have this one bad ass vagabond who stands for what’s right.

Video game, because you have a main task, mini-tasks that must be accomplished to advance to the main task, and bosses that don’t die the first time you meet them, but you ultimately must defeat to accomplish the task.

mobldj

Reaction score
kinda slow and boring i say,but i did buy the doll.lol

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I like the new season so far. It wove a lot of things into the storyline from the animated series, which I actually liked.

Some detail here if you’re interested, it helps make sense of a lot of things.

Aside from this episode its a bunch of recycled parts making up stories one defree off what weve already seen and heard.

Tank

Reaction score
I dig it. I'm a star wars fan though. My wife likes it however and she's never really gotten into star wars. It's definitely slower paced than the movies. I don't mind that though. It's also REALLY geared to the cartoon series' which I never watched. But it's pretty entertaining. I like the call backs and easter eggs and minute details of stuff they throw in. Thought it was pretty cool they had a quick draw scene in the last episode with the Mando and Michael Behan as a tip of the hat to Ringo in Tombstone, the character he played. As some of you pointed out, the whole star wars concept has been compared to two things since it's conception - A space cowboy movie and a space opera

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Alright then I’ll try watching it again.
The studio is working under limited conditions and from that angle it’s amazing they’re putting out anything.
More robots with Uzis and flamethrowers would help.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
The studio is working under limited conditions and from that angle it’s amazing they’re putting out anything.

We are doing the best we can. Lol.
We have at least 9 languages for this as well. Only 8 episodes for season 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
one thing to keep in mind is there are like 5 different directors for the series. I think this season is showing a little bit more of the differences in the directing styles versus the last season. I would like to see a little more action and a little less fluff though.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
one thing to keep in mind is there are like 5 different directors for the series. I think this season is showing a little bit more of the differences in the directing styles versus the last season. I would like to see a little more action and a little less fluff though.

I think Happy does a pretty good job with his shows! 👍

Tank

Reaction score
By the way, this guy is the best at recapping episodes, breaking down the Easter eggs and going into some crazy detail about unexplained shit. He even “speaks” and can read the language of the sith or “old tongue” that boba fet displays on his armor and translates it.

4Waters

Reaction score
It was a great episode, appears to have been filmed in Simi, I'm guessing Hummingbird Ranch, wife saw a FB post a while back that said they were on a hike in the Simi Hills and came across some Storm Troopers. They didn't give a location though.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
The last episode was directed by Robert Rodriguez of Desperado, Once Upon A Time In Mexico, Dusk to Dawn fame. He’s got a way of making action scenes work, unlike the boring ass episode with the giant spiders.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
It was a great episode, appears to have been filmed in Simi, I'm guessing Hummingbird Ranch, wife saw a FB post a while back that said they were on a hike in the Simi Hills and came across some Storm Troopers. They didn't give a location though.

I agree great episode. As soon as I saw the landscape I knew it was filmed in Simi.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Good episode. Glad they FINALLY straight out siad that the child is NOT baby Yoda and is instead after Yoda. There were a couple hints at various times of the series but not straight out like that. Should help put some of those uneducated to bed. Lol!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

4Waters

Reaction score
Great episode tonight, if you haven't seen it watch till the end (after the credits) and don't scroll down past this point in my post.

I knew that Jedi was too calm, collective and smooth to be anyone but Luke. And a new series "The Book of Boba Fett" 👍

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Was tonight the season end. Or is next week the season finale.

4Waters

Reaction score
Was tonight the season end. Or is next week the season finale.

Tonight was the season finale, are they doing a show strictly for Boba Fett, or will it be part of "The Mandalorian"?

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Tonight was the season finale, are they doing a show strictly for Boba Fett, or will it be part of "The Mandalorian"?

I’m not sure. I’ll see what I can find out Monday. I’m kind of restricted on what I can say until episodes air.

4Waters

Reaction score
I’m not sure. I’ll see what I can find out Monday. I’m kind of restricted on what I can say until episodes air.

Disney is pretty strict but I figured they put the info out so hopefully it can be confirmed if it will be it's own series or part of the current series. I'm hoping it's it's own series.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Disney is pretty strict but I figured they put the info out so hopefully it can be confirmed if it will be it's own series or part of the current series. I'm hoping it's it's own series.

We’re told often. Remember you can’t even talk about what you work on at home with family.
I’ll see if I can find some links with info and post em up.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
In the IMDB website it calls for a 3rd season to start on December 25, 2021 - the same day the Boba Fett adventure begins. Maybe it’s the further adventures of the Mandalorian with Boba Fett.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I read somewhere that the future of is.....they are supposed to be busting out series of various characters. Not sure if they will be under the Mando title or they'll just spin off separately.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Has some Clayton Moore of the Lone Ranger kinda style.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Cousins daughter works the Merch at Downtown Disney and says it's merch sales are approaching record breaking Frozens. That may dictate a lot how they roll the spinoffs.
Various bounty hunters will face each other off,, all kinds of great story lines and characters to come.

redone76

Reaction score
It was a great season. But Im confused by the whole Luke thing. Did i miss something?

4Waters

Reaction score
It was a great season. But Im confused by the whole Luke thing. Did i miss something?
This series takes place between episode 6 and 7, so after "Return of the Jedi".

HCP3

Reaction score
Great episode, but I have mixed feelings about the "ending".

bocco

Reaction score
I just checked with Xfinity. Disney Plus will be available in January. Included in the X1 PREMIER PRO+ TRIPLE PLAY.

BONER

Reaction score
I shitcanned Disney last month after their "equality" message popped up when I turned Dumbo on for my kid.

21b.jpg

78Southwind

Reaction score
BTW... for those that have Verizon wireless if you have an unlimited plan you can sign-up for the newest plan and get the Disney Bundle for free. The cost of my plan actually went down by $5 since I set-up an ACH to pay monthly and they reduced the cost by $10 a month.

https://www.verizon.com/support/disney-bundle-faqs/
The Disney Bundle offer (a $12.99/month value) is included for no extra charge when you have at least 1 Get More Unlimited* or Play More Unlimited* wireless phone plan on your account.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I watched The Mandalorian with my Kodi Xanax app on my Fire Stick for free - no money to Disney.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
One of the greatest shows ever made. Love how they ended it 10+ years later.

Hell yeah! Was worth the wait. I have all the DVD's.

Aku is the last season was awesome. Musta took that long to find someone with a similar voice.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
I watched The Mandalorian with my Kodi Xanax app on my Fire Stick for free - no money to Disney.

lol. These comments make me laugh. I stole what they created so that makes it okay that their show can still indoctrinate me.