WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Coping With It All

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Some of you may know that I'm a volunteer fire fighter / EMT (for my LE friends: How do you tell someone is a fire fighter? You don't, they'll tell you! 😁). The day before Thanksgiving we get an EMS call. On the way to the scene I specifically ask dispatch if the patient has met any of the criteria for possible covid. They responded negative so we wear gloves and surgical mask as per our protocols.

We end up transporting patient and later that day the hospital notifies us the patient tested positive. Our chief has us (that had direct patient contact) self-isolate until we can get tested which of course isn't until today because of Thanksgiving. So I've been putzing around the house for a few days and then browsing the internet for entertainment. Looking at a lot of Agenda 21 shit. :mad:

A few years ago I retired and moved to a very rural part of northern NV. Got a nice 5 acre property, built a shop and a few out buildings to store all my crap and work on cars. Thought I was set for the rest of my life. I would enjoy my time working on and driving around hot rods, Harley's, 4x4's, etc. and playing on my property in peace. Would also do some nice road trips around the country and a bucket list item, the Dalton Highway up to Prudhoe Bay. Life would be good.

When the whole covid thing hit it didn't affect me a whole lot because of my lifestyle and where I lived. It still doesn't a whole lot and is more of a nuisance than anything else. But what is really starting to bother me is what is happening with our country and the world in general. Now whether you buy into the doomsday scenario of Agenda 21 or not, it is a real thing and you can see all the the signs of its implementation now. I believe it will greatly affect everyone's lives and not for the better (unless you are a lazy non-worker and want all the freebees).

It really seems like there are very evil people that want to destroy our country and our way of life but what is really alarming is the number of people blindly willing to accept it without question. I'm not talking about wearing masks or other covid precautions but more so how certain groups are using it as a tool for control and take over and people are blind to it. I won't go into details and if you are curious, there is a ton of info on the internet. Just do a search on Agenda 21 and agenda 2020, 2050, etc.

They have been trying to use climate change to push acceptance of their agenda for sometime now but without as much success as they would like. Now whether covid 19 was man made and deliberate is another topic but they are definately using it in addition to climate change, as a means to control us and accept their proposals. I believe we are about to hit a big push of the second wave (just as they predicted) and an even more severe lock down before Christmas. I also think that this lock down will continue indefinitely even if a vaccine is developed.

Bill Gates has been predicting another post covid 19 pandemic of a non-specified virus, again either natural or man made by bio-terrorists. Makes you wonder a bit doesn't it? If they can't sell a permanent covid19 lock down then a second pandemic will surely seal the deal. They can force contact tracing, vaccines, and other means of control. If you don't comply you will be forced to isolate and eventually they will place you in a center filled with other infected people where you sure will contract it and die thus eliminating dissidents. Is this a far fetched tin foil hat theory? Maybe, but do your research and make your own conclusions based on what you find, not what CNN tells you.

Anyway, I'm starting to get a bit discouraged about it all. Why couldn't this bullshit have waited another 20 years or so? By then, I'd be at the end of my life and wouldn't care (or already dead). o_O I just wanted to live out the rest of my life in peace after busting my ass for so many years. I'm worried about them taking all my shit and forcing me to go live in some fucked up city somewhere.

When I moved out here to the boonies my thinking was this: They say, if you can't beat them, join them. I knew I couldn't beat them and I certainly didn't want to join them so I figured I'd just leave them. I'll just squirrel away in my little corner of the world and if they leave me alone, I'll leave them alone.

I've been a Harley guy since the 70's. I still have my Easyriders magazine collection dating back to 1970. They used to have stories about how in the future, motorcycles were made illegal (too dangerous and all) and how some old biker would dust off his old chopper, kick start her up and defiantly go for one last ride until the law set up a roadblock and gunned him down or he would just ride into it like Kowaski in "Vanishing Point". It used to be just entertaining fiction but now maybe not.

Is that going to be my final destination? I'm afraid I'll be too old to go all Rambo on them. Or maybe not. Maybe I'll just wait and let 'em come get me!

Anyway, just my rambling thoughts. Figured this is a good place to vent a little bit. I have no solutions. Maybe I should stay off the internet. Right now I'm waiting for the test center to call me back so I can schedule a test. Today is the 5th day since contact and I have no symptoms. I'm quite certain I am not infected.

traquer

Reaction score
Another option, make them think you're on their side so they leave you alone. E.g., don't wanna get the vaccine? No problem, go down to Santa Ana or Vegas, I'm sure there will be a cottage industry of shady clinics that will certify you received the vaccine each year :D

94Nautique

Once Banned
Reaction score
Apparently, you can’t even go outside in nature without the asshole lefties being total dickheads:

http://instagr.am/p/CIPGaauhRZQ/
I mean, what the fuck is that idiot bitch doing yelling while wearing a mask, kinda defeats her purpose though we get that she’s a racist. 🤦‍♂️

ChiliPepperGarage

Reaction score
A quick update and something to really think about:

Just got back from an EMS call at the same address as the other day but this time for another patient (no covid symptom, something unrelated). When I get on scene the first patient is there and was acting normal. I asked of he was the one we transported the other day and he said he was. I asked him if he has covid and he said no and that the hospital tested him twice and both times he was negative. They wanted to test him a third time (I'm guessing they wanted to get a positive test result) but he refused. They hydrated him and released him. He was fine and has been healthy since then.

When I got back to the station I asked our chief what the hospital had told him. He said they reported that the test result was positive. So patient tells me he tested twice negative but hospital says he is positive? Hhhhmmm?!???

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
You are gonna have to find a way to let this stuff roll off of your back, man.
People will lie to you in the most inconvenient time, and right now figuring out who is lying is a mofo.
Who do you believe, I don't know. And that sucks.
You are doing this to help your community, and maybe finding out more than you wanted to about the world, I dunno, were you EMT back in the city?
Either way there is a point where they really ain't paying you to carry the load. It is OK and expected to have a crappy shift, or in your case a crappy call, but you have to put it aside when you are done, know you have done the best you can, and set it aside somehow.. If the COVID deal is getting to you, and I can certainly see how it would, it may be time to weigh the risk v reward of exposing those you love.
We went through this in the early to mid days of HIV.
Everyone in the dept. got baseline tests for HIV. When I went to the Task Force one of the many things I bitched about was exposure, and flew enough paper that all the people working there got baseline HIV and other chemical exposure baselines...we were serving warrants on Crank Labs and fairly big meth operations regularly. It is a reality check for sure.
The calls you are rolling on....they do pile up in the file cabinet you have in your head. The T/C's with child fatalities, the unresponsive infant, the suicide of a teenager, that shit will fill that cabinet up. Every Thanksgiving I rerun the call I got one beautiful Thanksgiving evening when some asshole decided to blow his brains out at the table with his entire family seated there...his wife, kids and grandkids. Had a guy hang himself in the garage on Chrsitmas day...guess what tape runs that day?
And you can never erase it. You just have to keep the drawers with the Bad Days closed as best you can. They sneak out every now and then,
ya live with it.
With the politics in the mix these days it is even more difficult to find your center, and focus on the reason you do the work. Do not let it eat you up, it will, and as a volunteer you may find it isn't for you, but I doubt it. You sound like you love it.
So check yourself now and then. Do a systems check, and see if that file cabinet is getting too full.
And be careful, lots of people are happy with the sidewalks you guys always save,😁
Really...be careful.
The ultimate rule of this deal...when it comes to fluids...
"If it is wet, and it isn't yours, don't touch it, period."
Ya no shit.

A CHP LT. explained his "Rule of Thumb" for rolling into on hwy haz mat scenes at the Haz Mat For Incident Commanders 2 week Training I went to.
He said, "I like to be far enough to where I can stand up, hold my thumb out at arms length, up at eye level. If I can sight down my thumb at the scene and my thumb covers it, that is far enough. If not, I need to back up"
He was only half kidding.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
@ChiliPepperGarage , I can't imagine a day on shift as an EMT, or a LEO these days. That world I have no insight to. I can understand the up and leaving the big cities. This is as far as my wife was willing to move. As far as the outside world, and unknown forces bearing down, I don't know for certain how much is real, and how much is perceived. For me, I'd rather all this happen now, than in 20 years. My kids are still relatively young...my only purpose is to be a parent for them. If I can do that, I'm good.

The battles change from day to day. Some are big, bigger than one person. Others may be dealing with work issues, or an ill loved one. Like I said, I have no knowledge of the first responder life. I know what seems to work for me though. I try to only fight the battles laid at my feet on any given day. Sure, prepare for what may come, but don't dwell on the unknowns. Start each day anew.

ChiliPepperGarage

Reaction score
You are gonna have to find a way to let this stuff roll off of your back, man.
People will lie to you in the most inconvenient time, and right now figuring out who is lying is a mofo.
Who do you believe, I don't know. And that sucks.
You are doing this to help your community, and maybe finding out more than you wanted to about the world, I dunno, were you EMT back in the city?
Either way there is a point where they really ain't paying you to carry the load. It is OK and expected to have a crappy shift, or in your case a crappy call, but you have to put it aside when you are done, know you have done the best you can, and set it aside somehow.. If the COVID deal is getting to you, and I can certainly see how it would, it may be time to weigh the risk v reward of exposing those you love.
We went through this in the early to mid days of HIV.
Everyone in the dept. got baseline tests for HIV. When I went to the Task Force one of the many things I bitched about was exposure, and flew enough paper that all the people working there got baseline HIV and other chemical exposure baselines...we were serving warrants on Crank Labs and fairly big meth operations regularly. It is a reality check for sure.
The calls you are rolling on....they do pile up in the file cabinet you have in your head. The T/C's with child fatalities, the unresponsive infant, the suicide of a teenager, that shit will fill that cabinet up. Every Thanksgiving I rerun the call I got one beautiful Thanksgiving evening when some asshole decided to blow his brains out at the table with his entire family seated there...his wife, kids and grandkids. Had a guy hang himself in the garage on Chrsitmas day...guess what tape runs that day?
And you can never erase it. You just have to keep the drawers with the Bad Days closed as best you can. They sneak out every now and then,
ya live with it.
With the politics in the mix these days it is even more difficult to find your center, and focus on the reason you do the work. Do not let it eat you up, it will, and as a volunteer you may find it isn't for you, but I doubt it. You sound like you love it.
So check yourself now and then. Do a systems check, and see if that file cabinet is getting too full.
And be careful, lots of people are happy with the sidewalks you guys always save,😁
Really...be careful.
The ultimate rule of this deal...when it comes to fluids...
"If it is wet, and it isn't yours, don't touch it, period."
Ya no shit.

A CHP LT. explained his "Rule of Thumb" for rolling into on hwy haz mat scenes at the Haz Mat For Incident Commanders 2 week Training I went to.
He said, "I like to be far enough to where I can stand up, hold my thumb out at arms length, up at eye level. If I can sight down my thumb at the scene and my thumb covers it, that is far enough. If not, I need to back up"
He was only half kidding.

Thanks for the advice. I was not a career guy before (was in construction) and have been doing this for over 3 years now. I was a volunteer back in the early 70's for 4 years but we didn't do EMS back then, just fire.

The calls aren't really getting to me and I do love it. It's the political BS that is going on and how they are using covid as a weapon that really bothers me. Plus all the corruption that goes unimpeded and with the medias blessing. A very uncertain future about not only where our country is going but the whole world.

I am Hazmat certified. We appreciate having the "Blue Canaries" on scene before we get there! :D 👍

ChiliPepperGarage

Reaction score
@ChiliPepperGarage , I can't imagine a day on shift as an EMT, or a LEO these days. That world I have no insight to. I can understand the up and leaving the big cities. This is as far as my wife was willing to move. As far as the outside world, and unknown forces bearing down, I don't know for certain how much is real, and how much is perceived. For me, I'd rather all this happen now, than in 20 years. My kids are still relatively young...my only purpose is to be a parent for them. If I can do that, I'm good.

The battles change from day to day. Some are big, bigger than one person. Others may be dealing with work issues, or an ill loved one. Like I said, I have no knowledge of the first responder life. I know what seems to work for me though. I try to only fight the battles laid at my feet on any given day. Sure, prepare for what may come, but don't dwell on the unknowns. Start each day anew.

Thanks.
When I retired I decided that I really didn't want to fight any more battles. I'd leave that for the younger guys. But what's been happening the last four years is something I've never witnessed in my 64 years. What's really shocking is how quickly it is happening.

I do try to ignore most of it as I don't have TV, don't listen to radio in the cars (only Pandora or XM), don't follow social media stuff (I mostly check here, a couple other car sites and youtube for entertainment). I can drive around this valley or look out my window and think all the BS doesn't affect me but I know in the long run it could. Again, it is the Agenda 21 stuff and their desire to eliminate rural life and individual rights.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Thanks.
When I retired I decided that I really didn't want to fight any more battles. I'd leave that for the younger guys. But what's been happening the last four years is something I've never witnessed in my 64 years. What's really shocking is how quickly it is happening.

I do try to ignore most of it as I don't have TV, don't listen to radio in the cars (only Pandora or XM), don't follow social media stuff (I mostly check here, a couple other car sites and youtube for entertainment). I can drive around this valley or look out my window and think all the BS doesn't affect me but I know in the long run it could. Again, it is the Agenda 21 stuff and their desire to eliminate rural life and individual rights.
The Agenda 21 stuff has been on my radar for some time. I moved out of the LA area 8-9 years ago, looking for a less money driven lifestyle for my kids. The good things I see around here are younger families, buying property, planting gardens doing "work" after work. The rural areas seem to be turning over. The media portrays every 20-30 something as a liberal, or backer of some unseen New World Order. That's not truly the case.

In the history of the world, the cities are the ones that are easily controlled. Smaller area to police a dense populous, easier to control what is seen. The outliers are different. The further out you go, the harder it is to survive in general. These are people that usually tend to be the most stubborn, at a minimum strong-willed. This is true of every country, not just the U.S.

Without the bad, we'd have no metric by which to measure good. Darkness can help to show you the light. Small groups of determined individuals have changed the course of history. All of us are just on a point in history's timeline. Going forward we all choose what decisions effect the course.

The world is changing fast. Some have big plans. The outcome of those plans are not set in stone. They know that as well...thus the push to break the people mentally. Some willfully give in to anything asked. Others want truth before actions. Some don't know they are pawns in the game, some are looking for a fight...and some are waiting for a fight that they can feel is coming.

propcheck

Reaction score
This is so true. When I get pissed about the BS then start to feel a loss of hope I find comfort knowing that a handfull of patriots changed the entire course of America overnight.
The Agenda 21 stuff has been on my radar for some time. I moved out of the LA area 8-9 years ago, looking for a less money driven lifestyle for my kids. The good things I see around here are younger families, buying property, planting gardens doing "work" after work. The rural areas seem to be turning over. The media portrays every 20-30 something as a liberal, or backer of some unseen New World Order. That's not truly the case.

In the history of the world, the cities are the ones that are easily controlled. Smaller area to police a dense populous, easier to control what is seen. The outliers are different. The further out you go, the harder it is to survive in general. These are people that usually tend to be the most stubborn, at a minimum strong-willed. This is true of every country, not just the U.S.

Without the bad, we'd have no metric by which to measure good. Darkness can help to show you the light. Small groups of determined individuals have changed the course of history. All of us are just on a point in history's timeline. Going forward we all choose what decisions effect the course.

The world is changing fast. Some have big plans. The outcome of those plans are not set in stone. They know that as well...thus the push to break the people mentally. Some willfully give in to anything asked. Others want truth before actions. Some don't know they are pawns in the game, some are looking for a fight...and some are waiting for a fight that they can feel is coming.