WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Greg ,or Grads

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
@GRADS
Praying for a miracle that somehow someone finds a way to repair the damage you describe. we have never met but have respectably shared (some) common interests for a long time.
Get well soon!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I read this thread when I can. I don't want to leave everyone wondering. In a nutshell, my body reacted poorly to the stent they placed in my carotid artery and is closing. The bigger problem is in my vertebral arteries. They feed the brain. One is 100% closed and unrepairable and the other one is closing and it has happened fast. When and if it does it's lights out. I found this out in November when I had my Angiogram and most likely suffered another small stroke. At the time my doctor said to go be with my family which is why I made the Tahoe trip.

I have my good days and bad days both physically and emotionally. I'm a shell of who I was 6 months ago and I hate it. I've had to have some tough conversations with my wife, family and friends.
I'm hoping Stanford will think of something that the other 4 doctors I've talked to didn't.

Thanks again for the well wishes and the bad ones too...I get it.

This is tough to read bro. It sure doesn't sound too good.

Have you guys tried City of Hope? They mostly specialize in cancer treatment, but I happen to know they do a lot of other cutting edge stuff over there.

Take care of yourself as best as you can. Hope I can shake your hand one day.

👍

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Haver never been a fan but would never wish ill on anyone. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family Grads.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I swear Greg is using this as an excuse to go in for the sex change operation that he has always wanted.

Just kidding aside. If he is at Stanford then he is getting the best care around.

I am not sure they do sex changes there so this might be legit and serious.

Best wishes Greg

Justsomeguy

Reaction score
Don't know @GRADS , but I am definitely hoping for the best. Thinking of his family also, as they are going through this with him.

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
I gotta a funny TRUE story for ya, GRADS.

Back in '93, I was working swingshift as a mechanic for the airline. My leadman tells me to take Jim and go to the gate, pick up tail (NXXPH), and go do the pre A-check runs then bring it to the hangar. A third fella came along for the ride as it wasn't uncommon for one or more mechanics to ride along in the back just for shits and giggles and lack of anything else to do.

We wait for the pax and crew to exit the aircraft, high five the stews in passing, close the door, run the checklist, start the plane, get the clearence to taxi and off we go, headed to the run up area on a beautifully clear, warm spring afternoon. I rode right seat as trainer so that Jim could build run time for his future qualification. I'm monitoring the radio(s) with both ground and mtx control but the area was light with traffic therefore the chatter was minimal so the radios were set to low volume. We're parked and notice that the aircraft is heay with fuel at just over 3K lbs total which means that the fuel transfer pre-run ops-check would comsume a lot of time and with that, the third fella onborad was gaterhing snacks and bringing us coffee drinks from the galley as per usual. The "Galley Wench" dude was quite a character. He was Persian and spoke broken english yet was an absolute hoot to be around and funny AF. He would always go through the cabin(s) and pick up all the newspapers and most of the time, he'd be in the front row reading the Bozeman Gazett or, whatever paper was available. It was always best this way because this dude was a disaster as a mechanic. Everybody at work knew that Karrem was most productive just doing nothing at all.

With Jim and me up front, engines at idle & disc, transferring fuel, the setting sun gleaming through the windshields, watching golfers on the tee box 100 yards in front of us, we are interupted by Karrem dropping a black bag in between our seats and exclaiming, "vee have crew bag left onboard".....It appeared as if it were indeed Flight Crew luggage so we assumed that it was merely forgotten by the off going crew. We all felt as it wasn't much of a problem as we will just give it to flight operations when we get back to the hangar. Jim asked Karrem to look for an ID tag with a name so the we could get it to the right crew member.

Less then one minute, Jim and I hear...."UH OH, DUDES"......"I DON'T TINK DIS CREW BAG"...and Jim and I look down to investigate and we are all shocked. The bag was full of dildos and other sex toys, but, mostly, Polysulfide DICK's.....all sizes. Our asses are laughing uncontrollably as we keep pulling more and more dildos outta this bag. So feckin' funny but yet, some strange noise is going on in the cockpit.....hahahaha.....get it? I made a funny there....but seriously, the noise is a faint radio call to our aircraft. The volume was so low that I am surprised I actually heard anything over all the laughter and the loud engines. It was maintenance control Don calling us and he was PISSED. I reply with..."go ahead"...He says... "I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CALL YOU GUYS FOR THE LAST 10 MINUTES. YOU NEED TO MONITOR THIS FREQ WITH THE VOLUME UP AND I AM NOT HAPPY RIGHT NOW".....in my somewhat restrained laughing, sarcastic voice..."What can we do for ya, Don?".....he says....."I NEED YOU TO GET TO THE HANGAR, NOW. THERE IS AN ANGRY PASSENGER HOLDING UP A FLIGHT BECAUSE THERE MAY BE LUGGAGE ONBOARD YOUR AIRCRAFT"..... I respond with..."copy that, we'll look around for the luggage (much laughter in the background) and we can take it over to the gate"...he says "NEGATIVE, WE DON'T USE THE AIRPLANE AS A DILEVERY SERVICE (oh man he was livid).....YOU WILL GET TO THE HANGAR RIGHT NOW"....."Copy that Don, switching over to ground and heading back to hangar".....

OMG, so F'n funny. and true...Good times

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Positive thoughts and prayers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

78Southwind

Reaction score

Back in '93, I was working swingshift as a mechanic for the airline. My leadman tells me to take Jim and go to the gate, pick up tail (NXXPH), and go do the pre A-check runs then bring it to the hangar. A third fella came along for the ride as it wasn't uncommon for one or more mechanics to ride along in the back just for shits and giggles and lack of anything else to do.

We wait for the pax and crew to exit the aircraft, high five the stews in passing, close the door, run the checklist, start the plane, get the clearence to taxi and off we go, headed to the run up area on a beautifully clear, warm spring afternoon. I rode right seat as trainer so that Jim could build run time for his future qualification. I'm monitoring the radio(s) with both ground and mtx control but the area was light with traffic therefore the chatter was minimal so the radios were set to low volume. We're parked and notice that the aircraft is heay with fuel at just over 3K lbs total which means that the fuel transfer pre-run ops-check would comsume a lot of time and with that, the third fella onborad was gaterhing snacks and bringing us coffee drinks from the galley as per usual. The "Galley Wench" dude was quite a character. He was Persian and spoke broken english yet was an absolute hoot to be around and funny AF. He would always go through the cabin(s) and pick up all the newspapers and most of the time, he'd be in the front row reading the Bozeman Gazett or, whatever paper was available. It was always best this way because this dude was a disaster as a mechanic. Everybody at work knew that Karrem was most productive just doing nothing at all.

With Jim and me up front, engines at idle & disc, transferring fuel, the setting sun gleaming through the windshields, watching golfers on the tee box 100 yards in front of us, we are interupted by Karrem dropping a black bag in between our seats and exclaiming, "vee have crew bag left onboard".....It appeared as if it were indeed Flight Crew luggage so we assumed that it was merely forgotten by the off going crew. We all felt as it wasn't much of a problem as we will just give it to flight operations when we get back to the hangar. Jim asked Karrem to look for an ID tag with a name so the we could get it to the right crew member.

Less then one minute, Jim and I hear...."UH OH, DUDES"......"I DON'T TINK DIS CREW BAG"...and Jim and I look down to investigate and we are all shocked. The bag was full of dildos and other sex toys, but, mostly, Polysulfide DICK's.....all sizes. Our asses are laughing uncontrollably as we keep pulling more and more dildos outta this bag. So feckin' funny but yet, some strange noise is going on in the cockpit.....hahahaha.....get it? I made a funny there....but seriously, the noise is a faint radio call to our aircraft. The volume was so low that I am surprised I actually heard anything over all the laughter and the loud engines. It was maintenance control Don calling us and he was PISSED. I reply with..."go ahead"...He says... "I'VE BEEN TRYING TO CALL YOU GUYS FOR THE LAST 10 MINUTES. YOU NEED TO MONITOR THIS FREQ WITH THE VOLUME UP AND I AM NOT HAPPY RIGHT NOW".....in my somewhat restrained laughing, sarcastic voice..."What can we do for ya, Don?".....he says....."I NEED YOU TO GET TO THE HANGAR, NOW. THERE IS AN ANGRY PASSENGER HOLDING UP A FLIGHT BECAUSE THERE MAY BE LUGGAGE ONBOARD YOUR AIRCRAFT"..... I respond with..."copy that, we'll look around for the luggage (much laughter in the background) and we can take it over to the gate"...he says "NEGATIVE, WE DON'T USE THE AIRPLANE AS A DILEVERY SERVICE (oh man he was livid).....YOU WILL GET TO THE HANGAR RIGHT NOW"....."Copy that Don, switching over to ground and heading back to hangar".....

So did @GRADS miss his other flight?

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I didn't realize it was so serious. Best wishes to you. Get well soon.

Obligatory dildo stories:

Story One: We were doing a mold remediation project in an occupied residential home. Bath had a leak or some thing. The adjacent bedroom was occupied by the owners daughter and her boyfriend. We had to remove some of the wet drywall behind the bed. Moved the bed. Found the remote, a small hash pipe and a dildo. I found the remote first and set it on the tv. Then the pipe. Set that on the TV too. Last thing from under the bed was the Phallus. What the hell, I set that thing on the TV too. I don't know if mom found it first or the kids got to it in time.

Story Two: Was remodeling a single gal's place. She was probably late 50's. Divorced. Italian. Fairly attractive. We had to move the bed and the night stand. I let her know that I had to move the furniture....was there anything she wanted to get first? Nope, go ahead. I pull open the drawer to get a grip on the nightstand and inside was a giant vibrator. She was standing there with us. I gave her a glance. She gasped, turned bright red, laughed out loud and left the room. We moved the furniture. Later when we moved it back, the vibrator was not in the drawer.

Last edited:

Q4mtxUS

Reaction score
So you're sayin it was Grads at the gate?:eek:

So did @GRADS miss his other flight?

We taxied back to the hangar and were met by another mechanic with a pissed off look about him, handed the bag to him and he sped off to the waiting aircraft. We all got together later in the evening and talked about the event and asked our friend whom drove the bag over if he was able to see the chick that was waiting for her luggage. He said he only handed the luggage to the very angry ramp agent and a very angry flight crew with an extremely angry operations, scheduling, dispatch, maintenance control, managers, supervisors, leads and fellow mechanics but not the 3 of us in that aircraft. Good times.

The ramp agent and my buddy in the left seat, Jim, were dating. We asked her what the girl looked like awaiting that bag. She told us.............

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
We taxied back to the hangar and were met by another mechanic with a pissed off look about him, handed the bag to him and he sped off to the waiting aircraft. We all got together later in the evening and talked about the event and asked our friend whom drove the bag over if he was able to see the chick that was waiting for her luggage. He said he only handed the luggage to the very angry ramp agent and a very angry flight crew with an extremely angry operations, scheduling, dispatch, maintenance control, managers, supervisors, leads and fellow mechanics but not the 3 of us in that aircraft. Good times.

The ramp agent and my buddy in the left seat, Jim, were dating. We asked her what the girl looked like awaiting that bag. She told us.............
She told you "He" was a famous politician, from Chicago, maybe?

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

#2 radio not receiving on ground. :D

X Hoser

Reaction score
I read this thread when I can. I don't want to leave everyone wondering. In a nutshell, my body reacted poorly to the stent they placed in my carotid artery and is closing. The bigger problem is in my vertebral arteries. They feed the brain. One is 100% closed and unrepairable and the other one is closing and it has happened fast. When and if it does it's lights out. I found this out in November when I had my Angiogram and most likely suffered another small stroke. At the time my doctor said to go be with my family which is why I made the Tahoe trip.

I have my good days and bad days both physically and emotionally. I'm a shell of who I was 6 months ago and I hate it. I've had to have some tough conversations with my wife, family and friends.
I'm hoping Stanford will think of something that the other 4 doctors I've talked to didn't.

Thanks again for the well wishes and the bad ones too...I get it.
Greg, I read your posts and often wonder is he for real, messing with us, or somewhere in between? Regardless, I will keep you in my Prayers for a remedy and healing.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Our thoughts and support are with you and your wife.

78Southwind

Reaction score

So are you saying "She" was actually a @GRADS?

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Grads is gonna gobble this up and swallow...or spit this out like he did that red schlong.....get er done Greggy.....😂😂 Best wishes.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Grads..I hadn’t read any of this thread until now...
...Sending you all the positive energy and prayers I possibly can...
...I know what feeling like shit is like ...Having lived it for the past five or six years...
...Hang in there man👍...

Jefftowz

Formerly Old School Ultra
Reaction score
positive thoughts going out to Greg and family!

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
@GRADS
prays at ya Greg.
Keep Tahoe BLUE, and Arizona RED.

Merry Christmas everyone! Kate surprised me and got me some Keep Tahoe Blue gear. It’s a non profit org dedicated to the conservation of Tahoe. Hope everyone had a great Christmas.

27481EF1-53FF-4998-B253-93626046AB65.jpeg

retaocleg

Reaction score
prayers for you grads.......hope the new year brings you much needed good news, best wishes for you and your family

BassLakeCruiser

Reaction score
Headed your way tomorrow Grads. Birthday and New Years in Tahoe. Hope your doin alright!

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
...Grads..I hadn’t read any of this thread until now...
...Sending you all the positive energy and prayers I possibly can...
...I know what feeling like shit is like ...Having lived it for the past five or six years...
...Hang in there man👍...

Willie B. Just Off Topic a bit here. I think you made a statement a while back that has had me thinking about it ever since. I believe you had mistreated another student that had Polio when a young Man and how you regretted it ever since.🤔
I understand & know the Feeling.:(

Last edited:

beertruck

Reaction score
Willie B. Just Off Topic a bit here. I think you made a statement a while back that has had me thinking about it ever since. I believe you had mistreated another student that had Polio when a young Man and how you regretted it ever since.🤔
I understand know the Feeling.:(
I have a similar story. in 7th grade I passed a note to friends making fun of a special needs girl. one of my friends handed it to her. ( never my intention). I have told many people that is one of my many mistakes that I wish I could have changed. She has probably forgotten about it long ago, but it still haunts me. I now have two special needs boys, and the thought of someone hurting them, like I hurt her kills me. Funny how something stupid you did 45 plus years ago can still effect you.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
I have a similar story. in 7th grade I passed a note to friends making fun of a special needs girl. one of my friends handed it to her. ( never my intention). I have told many people that is one of my many mistakes that I wish I could have changed. She has probably forgotten about it long ago, but it still haunts me. I now have two special needs boys, and the thought of someone hurting them, like I hurt her kills me. Funny how something stupid you did 45 plus years ago can still effect you.

Thanks!! I understand and when the thought does return, it almost overshadows all the Good Things in my life. 🤔

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
The good thing, if there is, is the past is set and locked away. We can't change it, but we never forget it... That can be both good and bad. If we never acknowledged our past actions, we'd never grow. Things I've said or done in the past I cannot change. I now have kids of my own... I hope the real test isn't what I've done or been in the past, but who I am now. How my kids are raised to treat people, and not how I treated people at their age.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
The good thing, if there is, is the past is set and locked away. We can't change it, but we never forget it... That can be both good and bad. If we never acknowledged our past actions, we'd never grow. Things I've said or done in the past I cannot change. I now have kids of my own... I hope the real test isn't what I've done or been in the past, but who I am now. How my kids are raised to treat people, and not how I treated people at their age.

Conscience and Morals, can be the most brutal of all punishments.

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score

Don't count on it. If you remember writing it, she remembers reading it. It would have been a lot more traumatic to her than it was for you and those things stick with you.

Maybe with the internet, you could track her down and apologize. It may not fix it but can go a long way towards healing for both of you.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Don't count on it. If you remember writing it, she remembers reading it. It would have been a lot more traumatic to her than it was for you and those things stick with you.

Maybe with the internet, you could track her down and apologize. It may not fix it but can go a long way towards healing for both of you.
About a year after I quit drinking I started thinking about a lot of stuff I had said or did while drunk. Through fb I reached out to a lot of people and apologized and told them I was trying to be better. A lot of ex girlfriends. Some accepted it and thanked me for taking the time to apologize. Some told me to fuck off, and I deserved it, so i let it be.

WYRD

Reaction score
About a year after I quit drinking I started thinking about a lot of stuff I had said or did while drunk. Through fb I reached out to a lot of people and apologized and told them I was trying to be better. A lot of ex girlfriends. Some accepted it and thanked me for taking the time to apologize. Some told me to fuck off, and I deserved it, so i let it be.
Lay on the ground work for some side action just in case the wife cuts her hair again?

C-Ya

Int’l Maritime Captain
Reaction score
Hi Greg (Grads),

I have not read the entire thread..... but I did read the part about the Heart Problems. I do not know if your problem can be solved by robotic heart surgery, but here is a link to a company that is leading the way.

Hopefully, this might be a possible solution. Also, it should be noted why I know about this company....... my Daughter trains doctors on how to use the Stereotaxis Robot. She is an expert in Robotics.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
That's good to hear!
Rest up, try to sleep what some say are "normal hours"...none of those late night expeditions for a bit!

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I got some pretty promising news today at Stanford.🙏 I’m very tired and overwhelmed right now. I will try and post some details tomorrow. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

Best of luck, positive thoughts from us