WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Check Your Suddenlink Bill!

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
Like most folks, I have my river Sudddenlink setup with auto pay. I checked my bill this month and saw that it had gone up $10 bucks. Well come to find out they have been charging me $10 bucks for a modem that I own for over a year. When you call to ask about the error they do not deny the modem is mine nor overcharging me. They will only give you $20 of credit. Multiple calls and speaking to a "Supervisor" will not get you very far. Buddy attempted to get a full refund and went through the same experience that I did.

It appears that the BBB is working on a resolution.

SBill.JPG

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
That's cheap
I'm about $67 for crappy internet
Just got done chatting with them again for super slow service

I was a 67 a while back but complained that my buddy got 50 a month for life promotion as a new customer. They dropped me down to 55.

Bob Bitchen

Reaction score
Bottom line: they need customers in Parker so there is a discount.
When I moved to Havasu and brought my modem with me I lost the discount rate.
They suck.

Bobo57

Reaction score
I haven’t been very happy with their service or customer service so far.....

Havasujaws

Reaction score
I was done talking to Pakistan so I walked into the Havasu location on two separate occasions for different issues. Very happy with service I received and was able to solve the problems I was having. One was a billing issue and the other was an equipment issue. The best part was being able to communicate.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Lol
My deal was $69 or so, I’ve never paid less than $80

FishSniper

Reaction score
I was done talking to Pakistan so I walked into the Havasu location on two separate occasions for different issues. Very happy with service I received and was able to solve the problems I was having. One was a billing issue and the other was an equipment issue. The best part was being able to communicate.
Yea I agree with going in our service was garbage and paying 69 a month. Went into the Havasu location and they sent someone out the next day and it’s worked well since. Had called multiple times prior with no progress.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I thought the Suddenlink office location in Havasu was permanently closed.

DaveH

Reaction score
i had century link internet (same company). signed up for monthly service.

the service was slow and shut it off after about 6 months.

3 months later i get a bill for about $500.

called them up, they told me disconnect fee, didn't run my "contract" to term blah blah blah.

THIS WAS A MONTH TO MONTH AGREEMENT ONLY. askend them to show me said contract and where is signed or acknowled anything. they offered to "settle" for half. told them to fuck off.

6 months later get a letter from a collection agency. ripped into them.......said show me the contract....they dropped it.

6 months later....same deal.......new agency.......ripped into them.......they dropped it like a hot potato.

bottom line.......NEVER have anything to do with this company.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
i had century link internet (same company). signed up for monthly service.

the service was slow and shut it off after about 6 months.

3 months later i get a bill for about $500.

called them up, they told me disconnect fee, didn't run my "contract" to term blah blah blah.

THIS WAS A MONTH TO MONTH AGREEMENT ONLY. askend them to show me said contract and where is signed or acknowled anything. they offered to "settle" for half. told them to fuck off.

6 months later get a letter from a collection agency. ripped into them.......said show me the contract....they dropped it.

6 months later....same deal.......new agency.......ripped into them.......they dropped it like a hot potato.

bottom line.......NEVER have anything to do with this company.
I don't believe that Suddenlink is related to Centurylink.

samsah33

Reaction score
I was just reading about this.

"the Television Viewer Protection Act taking effect December 20th will ban ISPs and TV providers from charging rental fees for equipment customers own themselves, whether they’re modems or cable boxes. "

Law bars ISPs from charging rental fees for a modem you own | Engadget
Kinda messed up that they would charge a rental fee for equipment they don't own. Even more more messed up that we need a law to prevent companies from doing this...

DLC

Reaction score
Shitty link is the absolute Best of the worst company’s to ever do business with!!

I had some towel head service tech guy swear on his kids life he would call me back and that is in June 2020, almost 6 months ago......
im certainly not sitting by the phone waiting

it took 6 calls and 3 appointments to have a tech actually look at my service from the pole to the house and he found 4 items messed up from the original install in 2015

my neighbor after buying the house next door called to get internet service, the came out quick to get it hooked up (started the billing process) but it took them over 9 months to complete the actual install process. Neighbor had to e mail the president of the parent company and put him on notice that they would be responsible for any injuries to his kids due the incomplete install process..... 9 months !! And it’s wasn’t for a lack of making calls and setting up appointments

racetrash

Reaction score
So a couple of nights ago, the mrs gets online and ups the data to unlimited. $20 and free installation. 10 minutes later it's all done. Gets an email saying its 34.95 more a month. Ol Hodgie in India or where ever the fuck they are, says no, can't have what the internet offer is.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
So, because of this thread, I checked my Suddenlink bill and sure enough, I had gone from $48 a month to $86 over the year. I called and called and couldn’t get through, so I go on the website and found a place to complain. This was a few weeks ago.
Today hodjie calls , and starts babbling in his native tongue with some English mixed in, I figured it was a bullshit telemarking call and was just about to hang up on old hodj when I hear he aid I complained, my ears perked up, and I was about to give him a ration of shit, but he wants to lower my bill. I little fucker put me back to the $48 a month and said I was locked in for 2 years. I saythanks and how about a refund for all the bullshit price hikes and he says sure.
So, I will be watching for that next bill. I think I’m going out and get a lottery ticket.

cofooter

Reaction score
So, because of this thread, I checked my Suddenlink bill and sure enough, I had gone from $48 a month to $86 over the year. I called and called and couldn’t get through, so I go on the website and found a place to complain. This was a few weeks ago.
Today hodjie calls , and starts babbling in his native tongue with some English mixed in, I figured it was a bullshit telemarking call and was just about to hang up on old hodj when I hear he aid I complained, my ears perked up, and I was about to give him a ration of shit, but he wants to lower my bill. I little fucker put me back to the $48 a month and said I was locked in for 2 years. I saythanks and how about a refund for all the bullshit price hikes and he says sure.
So, I will be watching for that next bill. I think I’m going out and get a lottery ticket.
$48 for Intenet and TV? What speed internet? I pay like $110.......

USMC2010

Reaction score
IMG_20210114_202149.jpg

I have suddenlink 400 , buy this for less than $100 and stop renting modems. Their is another model for GB speed. It is good with most service providers. Renting modems is one of the biggest communication rip offs still in existence.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
View attachment 961892
I have suddenlink 400 , buy this for less than $100 and stop renting modems. Their is another model for GB speed. It is good with most service providers. Renting modems is one of the biggest communication rip offs still in existence.

And save your receipt in case they claim its their modem/router!