WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Phil Spector = RIP!!

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
"The Wall Of Sound!!

He was a different Dude, but a Music genius and helped and produced so many Stars and Hits. Ronnie Spector = The Ronettes, Helped the Beatles and so many more.

Died in Prison at 81.

rrrr

Reaction score
Psychopathic asshole and killer. He beat Ronnie for years, and kept her a prisoner terrified by what he might do to her. He murdered an innocent and hard working individual that made the mistake of going home with him from a club. He shot her as she sat in a chair near the front entryway, she never saw it coming.

4Waters

Reaction score
Psychopathic asshole and killer. He beat Ronnie for years, and kept her a prisoner terrified by what he might do to her. He murdered an innocent and hard working individual that made the mistake of going home with him from a club. He shot her as she sat in a chair near the front entryway, she never saw it coming.
Exactly this^^ but take all that shit out of the picture and he was definitely very talented but yes good riddance

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Many years ago the rock band I was playing in backed up the Ronettes for a live performance. Very nice ladies. Fortunately, Spector was not around that night. Ronnie was extremely talented. I have friends who played in the Righteous Bros Band. They said Spector was really whacked, bizarre and also a talented producer.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Rest in Peace Lana Clarkson...
1610909326461.png

C-2

Reaction score
Like MJ, made some great music, but was a POS as a human. Imagine what he got away with...

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
"The Wall Of Sound!!

He was a different Dude, but a Music genius and helped and produced so many Stars and Hits. Ronnie Spector = The Ronettes, Helped the Beatles and so many more.

Died in Prison at 81.

Can’t wait for your RIP announcement for Roman Polanski. 🙄

Strange “Predilections” = Good Movies

Reaction score
I got the book Disgraceland. spector has a chapter. His gun obsession started when he was a teenager and cornered by 3 street tuff's in the boy's bathroom. they did not like his clothes, so they beat him senseless left him bloody on the floor. He spent the rest of his life with a gun in his briefcase. He actually threatened to shoot other women before Lana. He didn't handle rejection well....

and he gets no R.I.P. from me.

brgrcru

Reaction score
He had a party at our bowling alley every year.
From about 1985 Untill he was arrested

Never had a problem with him. A little sketchy , had the greatest events and parties with live music . Jam at the bowl and many artists getting up and Playing.
There was 100 people inside and 100+ out side . We cooked burgers all night .
favorite event of the year .
Oh the good times we use have at the montrose bowl.

His liaison. That kept in touch with me for years . Every year booked a date , hoping he would get out of jail.

laura was a sweetheart .

Just my observation , as I knew him. He was way out there .

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
He had a party at our bowling alley every year.
From about 1985 Untill he was arrested

Never had a problem with him. A little sketchy , had the greatest events and parties with live music . Jam at the bowl and many artists getting up and Playing.
There was 100 people inside and 100+ out side . We cooked burgers all night .
favorite event of the year .
Oh the good times we use have at the montrose bowl.

His liaison. That kept in touch with me for years . Every year booked a date , hoping he would get out of jail.

laura was a sweetheart .

Just my observation , as I knew him. He was way out there .

The Montrose Bowling alley was legendary.... Did you work there? Own it?

Boozer

Extreme Mist
Reaction score
Hopefully he died a slow, painful and agonizing death.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Killer... Lots of great memories there. One of my old bands played there.... So cool

Story....