WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Headshots on resumes

traquer

Reaction score
A friend said that some employers are requesting this lately. I guess employers wised up and don't want to waste time interviewing anyone that looks like a crybaby antifa member? Good move

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
A friend said that some employers are requesting this lately. I guess employers wised up and don't want to waste time interviewing anyone that looks like a crybaby antifa member? Good move

I opened the thread thinking something completely different.. lol

I was thinking Is that a thing for veterans now?

“So I hit this haji at 1250 yds!”

And the next guy saying “1400!!”

DWC

Reaction score
We only use them for current employees.. It’s so the senior leadership can try to figure out who they’re talking about.

zbudman

Coors Light Strong
Reaction score
I opened the thread thinking something completely different.. lol

I was thinking Is that a thing for veterans now?

“So I hit this haji at 1250 yds!”

And the next guy saying “1400!!”
I like the way you think Dave

2Driver

Reaction score
Headshot makes sense today

no sense going to the trouble to set up an in person interview only to find out they are a person of no color when they show up.

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
Step 1- as long as you keep your thoughts to yourself. Kind of like how police do their job. They can legislate all they want, but you can’t make laws that over ride intuition, and you can only make a first impression once. I always ask why we don’t do the drug test first - this is in that vein.

DaveH

Reaction score
i am guessing companies are wanting to hire minorities but cant legally ask race.

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Not necessarily just white. Part of why I retired early. Jokes on them, I'm enjoying the hell out of it.

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Ding ding!! This way a white man can be denied the position without even talking to him. The new racism.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
But identify as a black man... No you are assuming my race?
I’m offended.

beertruck

Reaction score
can't imagine this would be a legal with all the discrimination crap going on. My understanding ( and I'm not a attorney) is that you can not request photos on a application, or even the screening process until the employee is hired, then you can require it. That may be different in a entertaining type situation, head shot photos.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I have a couple buddies who work at the LAX FED Ex location . . . one of them is a total nut-job . . . I guess they were doing new employee orientation one day and he looked through the window to spy a little on the new-hires in a meeting room, , , then he kicked open the door and yelled, " A WHITE GUY?????? ....... WHO HIRED THE WHITE GUY"!?!?!?!?!?! . . . . my other buddy I guess was dying laughing!!!

sirbob

Reaction score
No company I work with would consider this.

Build your screening tools around bonafide occupational job requirements. When you find someone that meets the criteria you are looking for on paper - set up a 20 min meet and greet on zoom. After that if you don’t want to move forward let the recruiter know they didn’t make the next round and focus on the candidates that you have chosen.

Asking for a head shot is asking for trouble in the business world I live in.

Singleton

Reaction score
Never have seen this before and I am with my second fortune 100 company.
That said, I have had to make org charts with headshots so the C level suite knew who they were talking to. At my last 2 companies where I was leading internal audit and compliance orgs, I would have quarterly breakfasts offsite with the C suite. I have never seen a CEO, CFO, CIO or CHRO so happy when I handed them a 2 page deck (page 1 was the org with name and headshot, page 2 was agendas to discuss) the day before the breakfast. My team members never did figure out how the C suite new them by name :)

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Not necessarily just white. Part of why I retired early. Jokes on them, I'm enjoying the hell out of it.
Also to avoid the ones with two teardrop tattoos and MS13 across his neck too.

Waterjunky

RDP Inmate #94
Reaction score
Outside the US it is more common. Of course outside the US it is also common to ask things like, gender, race, marital status on applications. I do agree that it showing up here is an attempt to do an end run around laws against affirmative action.