WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Another pool thread (as if we needed another)

Firemanjoe

Reaction score
I know there have been a ton of pool threads so I apologize. I’m getting ready to wrap up my pool build. Stone and tile are going in this week and then we are scheduled for finish. We are set on a stonescapes mini pebble finish but are tossing around a few different colors. What color pebble did everyone go with? Pictures help.

sixdays

La Flama Blanca
Reaction score
We’re in the same boat. We are refinishing our pool. Just went through a ridiculous process of dealing with 10+ contractors who apparently don’t want business. The best part is they all came out to measure...just couldn’t take the time to actually send me a quote or follow through...🤷🏼‍♂️

We are going with Stonescapes as well but still need to decide on pebble color and tile color/style.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
My wife is doing a blue dark blue specs and glass specs that makes it glitter in the sun and glow in the dark tiles on the edges of the steps and around the parameter of the spa.

Reactions: DWC

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
My wife is doing a blue dark blue specs and glass specs that makes it glitter in the sun and glow in the dark tiles on the edges of the steps and around the parameter of the spa.
762753D4-735B-41F1-AB60-97751890C694.jpeg

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
This pebble sheen. Aqua Blue I believe
IMG_3753.jpg

IMG_3754.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FishSniper

Reaction score
I know there have been a ton of pool threads so I apologize. I’m getting ready to wrap up my pool build. Stone and tile are going in this week and then we are scheduled for finish. We are set on a stonescapes mini pebble finish but are tossing around a few different colors. What color pebble did everyone go with? Pictures help.
In basically exact same position gonna go with pebble but debating colors also.

Slick

Reaction score
Here is what we went with. Can’t recall the color name but can find out if needed.

Attachments

• 8AA1BA0C-3573-4A7E-80A2-372FBA24E57E.jpeg
    8AA1BA0C-3573-4A7E-80A2-372FBA24E57E.jpeg
    463.3 KB · Views: 224
  • 2F05BFAE-EBCE-406D-BC6D-01F4A88A6A23.jpeg
    2F05BFAE-EBCE-406D-BC6D-01F4A88A6A23.jpeg
    139.8 KB · Views: 244

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Do u happen to know which pebble color that is ?

Seems there’s a lot of finishes. Pebble Tec. Mini pebble. Etc. all similar I think. This is Pebble Sheen. Aqua Blue.
We’ve been looking at doing ours and not all textures seem to have the same naming for colors.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Getting ready to my pool as well. Everything is in go stage. I hear people say how smooth one pebble is against another. My question is where does the pebble sheen fall into line. I am planning going that route. Also cost does play into it. I can’t pay double of what I am now looking at. But need to ask before I we start this upgrade.
I don’t feel my daughters is rough in the least. Yes you feel the texture but.
Enlighten me please.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
We're going with Frisco Bay Blue from Shasta pools. This isn't our pool, just a pic of a model home with that color. Our last pool had a lot of warmth to the pebble and it gave the water a greenish color. Definitely going for a bright blue this time.

We'll be doing Frost Limestone (white) decking and have a waterline tile that should really pop with that blue.

They should be scheduling the dig soon. Can't wait.
20201116_121409.jpg

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
1612142129740.jpeg

1612142194950.jpeg

1612142518342.jpeg
Midnight Blue, has a bunch of colors in it and Abalone shell pieces and glass beads. NPT brand.

AQUA-HOLICS

Reaction score
Getting ready to my pool as well. Everything is in go stage. I hear people say how smooth one pebble is against another. My question is where does the pebble sheen fall into line. I am planning going that route. Also cost does play into it. I can’t pay double of what I am now looking at. But need to ask before I we start this upgrade.
Enlighten me please.

This is Pebble Fina with hand thrown glass just before the final trowel.
901BA6FF-CB54-44C1-BA40-834C70876D5B.png
FFA4604E-F56A-44FD-A73C-22B1E5A55697.png

AQUA-HOLICS

Reaction score
Enlighten me please.

Pebble Tecnology has four grades, Pebble Tec, Pebble Sheen, Pebble Fina and Pebble Brillance. Difference between the first three is size of aggregate, last product has glass. Finished smoothness has to do more with application.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Pebble Tecnology has four grades, Pebble Tec, Pebble Sheen, Pebble Fina and Pebble Brillance. Difference between the first three is size of aggregate, last product has glass. Finished smoothness has to do more with application.

Thank you. Have a niece doing there pool with mini pebble. Is that just a different brand / maker. The company we are using has the four names you bring up. But not mini pebble.

AQUA-HOLICS

Reaction score
Thank you. Have a niece doing there pool with mini pebble. Is that just a different brand / maker. The company we are using has the four names you bring up. But not mini pebble.

It’s more than likely Pebble Sheen. Haven’t heard mini Pebble for a while only the four that I mentioned. NPT sells a foam pad with a diamond dust face that can be used to smooth out Pebble finishes, it’s typically used on small areas of reef steps to knock off any high profile pebbles.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Stonescapes from NPT is
NPT names =. Pebble tec names
Regular = Pebble tec
Mini = pebble sheen
Micro = pebblefina
Puerto Rico blend is glass and pebble
Jewelscapes is glass

Most people = roughness to old school original regular pebble / pebble tec it’s a large aggregate and over time chemicals expose more of the pebble surface making it like asphalt
Mini pebble for the most part is smooth. Prolonged Wet feet however on kids and females can and will scrape. But they will also scrape on plaster. Sooooo

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Here is what we went with. Can’t recall the color name but can find out if needed.
That's just like mine. Kind of a blue/ green but a little more on the greenish side.

Boat 405

Reaction score
I did stonescapes tropics. Turned out awesome!

Firemanjoe

Reaction score
We decided on a Tahoe Blue. They start tomorrow morning so I’ll post some pictures after we fill

grumpy88

Reaction score
Its our first pool so i have to ask . How perfect should the pebble finish look at night with the pool lights on ? Ours looks pretty unimpressive . Trowel marks and stuff . I definitely will not be using the white pool lights !

GOTTBoat

Reaction score
I can definitely see mine is not perfectly smooth where it rolls over from the deep end to the shallow end with the lights on but it was worse with the original plaster. Also was not perfectly consistent with color, was some lighter areas where the plaster was higher. I think this was from the acid wash they do before fill when acid flows to low spots and and spends less time on high spots. It's been a little over a year now and everything is evened out and consistent color looks great.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
We are thinking of Blue Surf. Prism Blue or Turtle Bay. Or contractor is trying to locate people who have done these colors and are willing to us come by and take a peak. It seems so simple but it’s also a big decision for us and don’t want to get it wrong
IMG_3790.jpg

grumpy88

Reaction score
We are thinking of Blue Surf. Prism Blue or Turtle Bay. Or contractor is trying to locate people who have done these colors and are willing to us come by and take a peak. It seems so simple but it’s also a big decision for us and don’t want to get it wrong
View attachment 973449

Definitely go look at real life size pools . Its to expensive to pick off a sample . If you are near vegas you can come see ours

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
We decided on a Tahoe Blue. They start tomorrow morning so I’ll post some pictures after we fill

Nieces pool just re finished a week or so ago in Tahoe Blue.
IMG_3792.jpg

FishSniper

Reaction score
We just had mini pebble done on our new build. We chose the white stonescapes and they added some abalone shells. We’re really happy with it. Haven’t gotten a good picture of it in the sun yet but here’s a couple that were taken the day it got filled. Gonna post a build thread soon.
3590F3A9-32AC-496C-8785-D01B1E07D882.jpeg
1521655A-97FF-4B9D-B491-B0A12A203A46.jpeg

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Definitely go look at real life size pools . Its to expensive to pick off a sample . If you are near vegas you can come see ours

The wife was able to go look at two today. Blue surf and Prism blue. Prism blue is what we decided. Hoping to start tomorrow. But probably Saturday
IMG_2283.jpg

traquer

Reaction score
Looks good! I'd probably do the top of the steps with a different color (white pebbles, or rough texture white tile) to give it some contrast. Not sure if that would look as good as I picture it or look like shit lol

traquer

Reaction score
Or add a bit of the tile mosaic to break up the steps. Digging this look I grabbed off the internet to save for my future pool

1613679266029.png

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Looks like a nice color ! Great looking pool
Now we need to decide today if we want tiles in the steps our left without.
Not this but maybe a single band. I'm leaning towards no, the wife towards yes.
If we can't find something we both love - it will probably end up a no.
Sparkle-Blue-NASG-136-Step-Detail-600x300.jpg

grumpy88

Reaction score
View attachment 974080
We were going to put mosaic turtles but they didnt match very good . We then were going to do little 1x1in a 4 square on a diamond pattern . Then the build went completely side ways so we got none ! Lol . I think they look nice

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
We were going to put mosaic turtles but they didnt match very good . We then were going to do little 1x1in a 4 square on a diamond pattern . Then the build went completely side ways so we got none ! Lol . I think they look nice

Well we got pushed back a few days because our decision making delayed things. We are going with a 1-2 inch tile on the steps and sit steps etc. and we have some tiles on the back that we might knock out and update. Oh well.
Do it now I guess is best . My wife keeps bringing up other things to add. She also thinks I can just pull money out my ass. Lol. That’s not saying I don’t like her ideas.

Last edited:

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
Beautiful.
Nice time frame with the mini heavy equipment in the background. 👍

76sanger

Reaction score
View attachment 974080
I like the look! We are going to have an LED lighting strip counter sunk into out steps. Along with a strip underneath the edge. Should work out and look nice.

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Pool build threads are always good!

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Well I’ve put some in another thread but here’s where we are at. Decided on tiles. Pebble in today. Hopefully weather permitting we can acid wash and start the fill tomorrow
IMG_3858.jpg

IMG_3859.jpg

IMG_2375.jpg

IMG_2374.jpg

grumpy88

Reaction score

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I have quickly learned the quality of the acid wash goes a long way . Looks really good !

Here’s a quick pic. Not much sun to really show it off.
IMG_3880.jpg