WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

I just can’t win

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
One of those days when you just feel like giving up. Fuck man, I just don’t get it. Why me, why does life always have to kick me in the balls. Such a good day went to shit so fast. I’ll get over it, I’m just frustrated I guess

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
One of those days when you just feel like giving up. Fuck man, I just don’t get it. Why me, why does life always have to kick me in the balls. Such a good day went to shit so fast. I’ll get over it, I’m just frustrated I guess
Do tell 🤔🤞

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Basically people are assholes and i need to find a new truck. Everyone is healthy and when I walked in the door the kids are smiling so at the end of the day it’s just money and I need to keep focused on what’s important. I’ve come a long way. The old Vic would probably be sitting in jail tonight but at least I’m at home with the family

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
As much as you've turned your life around, the progress you have made with your career, you are bound to have a down day from time to time. Just look at what you have gained in the last few years and dont focus on the bumps in the road.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Shit happens. Always does, always will. A person needs to roll with the punches thrown, especially in our current times. If the issues with people are only effecting trucks or work, nothing major.
Kids are good? Your girl is good? Food in the cupboards? Etc, Etc,

Take a step back, and take a deep breath...

Angler

Tritoon Racing
Reaction score
Everyone needs a good kick in the balls every once in while. It makes you appreciate the good things in Life.

kick-in-nuts.gif

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

This often happens when people "JUMP" head first into the Stock Market.

:oops:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Been drinking tonight? WTF are you talking about and what does it pertain to this thread? FFS.. WTF do these comments have to do with his posts?
He’s just talking out of his ass. I had a great day in the stock market hence the reason the day went to shit so fast after the market was closed. Not worth a reply though, I’m tired and gotta be up for work at 3. My friend is going to pick me up on his way in. I only have a handful of friends but the ones I have I can always count on

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
He’s just talking out of his ass. I had a great day in the stock market hence the reason the day went to shit so fast after the market was closed. Not worth a reply though, I’m tired and gotta be up for work at 3. My friend is going to pick me up on his way in. I only have a handful of friends but the ones I have I can always count on

Must be a sign. Time for that new Duramax!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DMF

Reaction score
Vic, you work hard and in order to keep that up you need a reliable vehicle. Buy yourself a truck that fits all of your needs. Nevermind the people on this site that will give you shit for it. Do what makes sense to you, your finances, and your family.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Vic, you work hard and in order to keep that up you need a reliable vehicle. Buy yourself a truck that fits all of your needs. Nevermind the people on this site that will give you shit for it. Do what makes sense to you, your finances, and your family.

Vic has shared a lot over the years. He’s grown ten fold as person and how he handles things from what I’ve seen. Who am I. I’m nobody he knows just what I’ve observed. Vic. Keep pushing forward. Take the shots that hit you and find a way to push through as it seems you’ve learned to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joker

Reaction score
What happened to your truck?

Joe mama

Reaction score
Well I will cut you a deal on a duramax just needs new head gaskets a glow plug or two and possibly an injector.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Don’t sweat it Vic everything happens for a reason. Things will work out in the end.

If you need a new truck just over pay like I did a few years ago on my Silverado. Lol.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
What happened to your truck?
Got off work at 2 and came home. It was still early maybe 230-245 and I needed to have the tires rotated so I drove right by the house and went to America’s tire. Got there and signed in, they same out and measured tread for mileage etc. guy came back and said it won’t be done till 5. Wife calls at the same to me and asks if I was just home and left. I said yea, can you come pick me up at America’s. She comes and gets me and I tell the guys I’ll be back, they said cool well text you. About 10 minutes later I get home and they are calling me. Guys said uh mr sandoval I hate to be the bearer of bad news but your tire fell off. I said what do you mean. I could hear art, the manager, in the background say just tell him he needs to come down here. We turn around and head back. We get there and in the middle of the parking lot there’s my truck blocking traffic. Missing a front tire but not in a good way. The guy had cranked the wheel and maxed it out and when he hit the little dip the ball joint let go. That’s what I’m assuming anyways. I go inside and art the manager said did you get your truck? I said no it’s in the middle of the street missing a wheel. He said no. I mean is that your truck. I said yea what happened? He said nothing, we went to move it and there it is. I said ok well how are we going to fix this? He said I’m not, it’s not my problem. I said well what do you want me to do? He said get it towed or I’ll have it impounded. I walked outside and told my wife she could go home, I’d take care of it. I guess she saw that look in my eyes, because she said I’m not going anywhere. I went back in and asked for the corporate number. He gave me the wrong number, and said that was the only number he had. He went to the back so I approached another employee, and asked how I could get a hold of his district manager, and he said we only have corporates number. He gave me a different number. I just said, it’s funny your manager gave me a different number, but that’s ok. I spoke with someone from corporate and they must have told him something because like an hour later he comes out trying to kiss my ass. He said he opened a claim blah blah blah. A few minutes later someone else from corporate calls and smooths things over. Whatever, I’m over it. I call triple a and they said they’ll send a truck. Well 6:40 he shows up. Gets mad at me because he said where it’s at he can’t access the front or the back. Lots of back and forth him and the manager art and go at it for a while. Sometime later it’s decided to just push the truck Back into the stall. I guess I’ll deal with it tomorrow after work. The shitty part is, it was a bad deal, but it was handled so poorly it just went from bad to worse. Then I get a tow truck driver who just does not want to do his job. I have long videos of the shit show but I won’t post them. I was waiting for my truck to slip off the Jack and we’d really have fun. By the way I’ve always loved americas tire. I’ve always used them and I’ve spent thousand of dollars there. Kind of just bums me out that much more
72D61B39-E609-4FF7-85B5-95E5ED9D7CAB.jpeg
C311BDD7-A62D-4C03-B62E-0B0E7BF3D481.jpeg
E0CDF179-B5DD-4C17-8943-F595AF5F25F2.jpeg

Last edited:

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Behind the truck are the shop doors and in front the tree. I was in a shitty spot but I could have made it happen. I guess that what really got my frustrated stood in the cold for hours just to give up and go home

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Here’s the shortest video. The rest are long and embarrassing

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Behind the truck are the shop doors and in front the tree. I was in a shitty spot but I could have made it happen. I guess that what really got my frustrated stood in the cold for hours just to give up and go home

Dude I would be pissed too!! It’s actually a pretty easy fix and not that expensive. Same thing happened to me years ago on my old S-10 while at work.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
Dude I would be pissed too!! It’s actually a pretty easy fix and not that expensive. Same thing happened to me years ago on my old S-10 while at work.
I’m going to fix it just to keep as an extra truck but I’m taking it as a sign. Even though timing is bad, it’s time. I don’t think timing will ever be good because somehow I’ve gone from spend it like I print it, to being a giant tight ass.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Here’s the shortest video. The rest are long and embarrassing

What the fuck? Why wouldn’t they leave the tire one while doing that in case it falls? When it happened to my truck they used those roller things they put under the tire to move the truck into position to get on the tow truck. Couldn’t use a flat bed fot obvious reasons. Traditional tow truck with front end in the air. I would have been pissed too.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
What the fuck? Why wouldn’t they leave the tire one while doing that in case it falls? When it happened to my truck they used those roller things they put under the tire to move the truck into position to get on the tow truck. Couldn’t use a flat bed fot obvious reasons. Traditional tow truck with front end in the air. I would have been pissed too.
I have four car dollies and a Jack I used to move my pool table around. I’m not the smartest man in the world but I’m pretty sure I could have made it happen.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I’m going to fix it just to keep as an extra truck but I’m taking it as a sign. Even though timing is bad, it’s time. I don’t think timing will ever be good because somehow I’ve gone from spend it like I print it, to being a giant tight ass.

I’m sure you what’s best. It weird I will drop all kinds of money on certain things like a SXS that sits most of the year and a boat that does the same. But other stuff I’m like fuck that!

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
it’s better it broke on a 10’ trip in a parking lot than you going 80 on the freeway or towing the boat with the whole family inside.

new balljoints and call it a day. No biggie. You’re gonna end it all over a balljoint? Cmon..

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
it’s better it broke on a 10’ trip in a parking lot than you going 80 on the freeway or towing the boat with the whole family inside.

new balljoints and call it a day. No biggie. You’re gonna end it all over a balljoint? Cmon..
That’s the second time that tire has fallen off, and the passenger side has a come off once as well too. I honestly don’t feel safe in that truck anymore. Get some hay down the street with it and that’s it.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
It’s also gone through a motor and tranny and I feel like the motor and tranny are on borrowed time now. 240k on it

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
That’s the second time that tire has fallen off, and the passenger side has a come off once as well too. I honestly don’t feel safe in that truck anymore. Get some hay down the street with it and that’s it.

Leave it stock. All I see is a lift spindle and I bet the keys are cranked. When you mess with geometry some team of engineers who get paid big bucks built and tested it’s no surprise stuff breaks.

WYRD

Reaction score
Look at it from another perspective,

1. It didn't happen while driving 50mph down the highway

2. Your wife wasn't driving it with your family.

Shit happens but I see the Glass half full here

Joker

Reaction score
Don’t go throwing your money away on a 70k truck. You’re gonna be pissed off once your drywall buddies start grabbing stuff from the edges and scuff up the new paint.
I did it and I’m back in an 03 Dodge. Can you afford a new rig, yes but do you really think these trucks are worth the coin.