WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Sea Dek

Magnuman

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with SeaDek on their boats. I’ve Ben going back and forth whether I want to do an installation.
It looks great and is supposed to be comfortable with bare feet.
My boat interior deck is immaculate and has non skid on it.
There is also a wash down system and drains which make the boat a breeze to clean.
How does Sea Dek cleans and hold up?

Attachments

• B6939604-86F3-49B7-8678-382144840A02.jpeg
    B6939604-86F3-49B7-8678-382144840A02.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 71
  • BECAB01A-86DB-48F9-A4D7-581754A0F265.jpeg
    BECAB01A-86DB-48F9-A4D7-581754A0F265.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 74

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
I am a very big fan of Seadek and used it on the swimstep of my last boat but in your application I would not use it. It does scratch, does tear, and does stain. If you use the boat for fishing the current non-slip is likely the best option. If my dogs nails can make it look like crap in less than 2 years I can only imagine what fishing would do to it.

poncho

Reaction score
Does anyone have experience with SeaDek on their boats. I’ve Ben going back and forth whether I want to do an installation.
It looks great and is supposed to be comfortable with bare feet.
My boat interior deck is immaculate and has non skid on it.
There is also a wash down system and drains which make the boat a breeze to clean.
How does Sea Dek cleans and hold up?
I did mine about 4 years ago and it was night and day how much better my interior looked. I never wear shoes on a boat and it was plenty comfortable to me. Sold the boat this fall and it had some slight dirt discoloring that I could not scrub out. I took off my shoes at the slip before i got onboard but the dirt is going to get there regardless.
When i contacted the only at the time dealer in New England i told them i wanted it in panels same as the snap in carpet i was replacing. Friend of mine has a canvas business and i wanted to make it removable using snaps in the factory locations and they talked me out of it.
Doing it again i would make sure that down the road i could replace the high traffic pieces if i wanted, I will have it on any future boat i own.

poncho

Reaction score
Gator step for the win.. more options than any other company!
Dave,

Its been 4 years since i did mine so i'm sure things have changed a bunch. At the time it was the only brand local to me that had the machine to make the floor templates and the cutting table for the large sections.

HAVASUSUN

Reaction score
Big difference between a lake boat that spends its life in the garage and does not take much abuse when in use., and a offshore fishing boat. If you store your boat outside on a lift or slip, or you do a bunch of fishing, I would not do it. Do a search on THT, the consensus is, if you do much fishing or store it outside, it is not a good choice. Most guys are only getting 3-4 years out of it before it starts to look warn and stained. I have been going back and forth for a couple years and finally decided against it. It is comfy on the feet and looks bitchen when new. If you anal, it is hard to keep it looking new.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I was prepared to have a couple pieces put in after seeing Tank’s Cig completed. However, the timing of a rep not keeping in touch with me and the decision to leave the boat at Horizon to sell all came with a few days of each other so I never followed up again either. So, no new seadek.

Surely it’s gonna look great in your boat. If you and your buddies are fishing on it, my guess is that it’s gonna get beat just like the fish you are slaying. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Magnuman

Reaction score
The boat is used for light fishing on Lake Tahoe. We fish for Mackinaw every couple of weeks.
I leave the boat uncovered sometimes for a day or two in it’s slip.
Tahoe has over a month of pollen dust in the air.
I’m super anal about the boat and it’s really easy to keep interior clean with on board fresh water wash down.
I love the way the decking looks and they have patterns for my Chris Craft but I think it’s going to be a maintenance issue.
How easy is it to pull up?
Still on the fence.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
My friend had his boat done in Sea Dek . . he bought an electric power washer to keep his clean after every few trips if that tells you anything . . . sprays it down with simple greeen first . . . lets it soak, then blasts it . . . I'm not a fan . . . maybe for swim steps and cooler lids, that's about it. JMO

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Sea Deck going on 3 years on swim deck. the fuel overflows dump on them and slightly discolored an edge. I use some dish soap which almost cleans it, but after a few days in the sun seems to rid the stains

Is GS a different material?????

rivergames

Reaction score
SeaDek is Awesome! They did a great job on the floors in my Schiada