I just sent this to all my Texas friends

Cdog

Reaction score
LMAO! 😂 😆 😜

1613511521776.png

Hypnautic

Reaction score
How do your friends in Texas reply??

So many meme’s about Ca to choose from-it’s dam near impossible. Kinda like make fun of the retarded kid in school. Yeah it’s funny but just not right...

I live in NV now so [emoji1617][emoji1617] just a bit windy here. We are however run by Newsom’s “weird” uncle that they don’t like to talk about.

Taboma

Reaction score
Yup, I was tending to my roses, while enduring a sunny, but bone chilling 61 😖

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
One way or the other.

So a few cold days and well deserved. The good news is the yin and yang of weather.
I predict a nice summer in The Great State of Texas.
Punxsutawney Phil told me so when I fed him a bit of fresh lettuce.

I hate the cold, I can lay out in 120 deg weather and think "at least I won't freeze to death". Sure it is not comfortable but my body could always take the heat. My hands look like something one would pull out of the Pyramids after 20 years of this cold shit.

Always love the "winter threads and who suffers".

Stay safe and be nice.
One never knows.
There could be a 9.0 in Cali. during the spring or in the fall.

Cdog

Reaction score
How do your friends in Texas reply??

So many meme’s about Ca to choose from-it’s dam near impossible. Kinda like make fun of the retarded kid in school. Yeah it’s funny but just not right...

I live in NV now so [emoji1617][emoji1617] just a bit windy here. We are however run by Newsom’s “weird” uncle that they don’t like to talk about.

My buddy Phil said he was going to "Take a shit in my race car". LMAO! 😂

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
OK, Considering a 10.0 earthquake isn’t possible and has never happened, how could it compare to a Tornado? You can’t use the movies Twister & Earthquake 10.0 for your hypothesis...lol. :p

lol....You re the one that compared them not me....I grew up in Monterey Co and went thru a lot of EQs. A major EQ will take out a lot more than a tornado for sure....a much wider area. Plus on the tornado at least you get a bit of a notice....EQ is swift and no announcement.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
lol....You re the one that compared them not me....I grew up in Monterey Co and went thru a lot of EQs. A major EQ will take out a lot more than a tornado for sure....a much wider area. Plus on the tornado at least you get a bit of a notice....EQ is swift and no announcement.
It was a joke, I agree EQ‘s can be nasty, I grew up in East San Jose and experienced 1 or 2 EQ’s in my 20 yrs there including Loma Prieta. But Working Storm damage from a Tornado sure seemed a lot worse than any earthquake damage I’ve witnessed....

PDQH2O

Reaction score
As a Texan newb, this ultra cold snap is worse than any weather I'd seen in Ca to be sure. Lots for me to learn about winterizing your home. Negative 3 this morning, about 15 degrees now. Pool and pond frozen solid, intermittent power ~20 minutes on ~45 off.

Even so, it was well worth the move and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. STILL the best decision I've made. That, and buying a generator.

buck35

Reaction score
In six weeks it'll be springtime in Texas, and in California Gavin Newsom will still be the governor.

I like my situation just fine.

😁
Mic drop right there.... Ha ha ha ha

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
In six weeks it'll be springtime in Texas, and in California Gavin Newsom will still be the governor.

😁

Wonder if he wants to compare state tax bills or property tax statements while he's at it... He can keep newsome and that liberal shithole.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
It’s all relative. They both have about the same tax base percentage rate wise. However if you were buying a new home, the same house in Texas costs around 2X more in California so your actually paying much more to live in California. It only seems like Texas property taxes are cheaper - They are not! The only saving grace is California’s Prop 13 Tax Limits. When that gets repealed you will see the real California Evacuation!

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
It’s all relative. They both have about the same tax base percentage rate wise. However if you were buying a new home, the same house in Texas costs around 2X more in California so your actually paying much more to live in California. It only seems like Texas property taxes are cheaper - They are not! The only saving grace is California’s Prop 13 Tax Limits. When that gets repealed you will see the real California Evacuation!
Have you priced homes in TX lately. :eek: The wages are more in CA. But it's all relative. :)

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score

😁
Maybe, maybe not......

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Have you priced homes in TX lately. :eek: The wages are more in CA. But it's all relative. :)

Since we are keeping things relative, If you buy an equal sized house in TX it is cheaper. If you buy a house that is close in price to your CA house, it costs more in property taxes. Have you seen the income taxes in TX? They don’t exist, relatively speaking :)

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Since we are keeping things relative, If you buy an equal sized house in TX it is cheaper. If you buy a house that is close in price to your CA house, it costs more in property taxes. Have you seen the income taxes in TX? They don’t exist, relatively speaking :)
One of our best foreman is looking to move to the Dallas area. Already has a job with a sprinkler company there if he wants it. He told us, house's are lower, but the pay cut is keeping him here for now. His 5 young daughters maybe holding him back also. :)

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
One of our best foreman is looking to move to the Dallas area. Already has a job with a sprinkler company there if he wants it. He told us, house's are lower, but the pay cut is keeping him here for now. His 5 young daughters maybe holding him back also. :)

Pay cut is also relative. Most people I know that have made a move have more money in their pocket than they did in CA. When gas, energy, food, taxes, car registration, housing, are all cheaper, wage is less important. But every situation and industry is different.

Kids are a big teason

toto

Reaction score
I will take a little snow in Yexas than the Newsom and Bullshit in Cali. So glad we left and never looking back. The snow last a couple of days but the rest last..........
Resized_20210217_100700_647.jpeg

petie6464

Reaction score
Should have sent them a measurement of Californias debt, that would really make them laugh.