WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

"California Girls"

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Today while driving an Ad came on and along with the Background Music of The Beach Boys California Girls. Damn, I don't care what Generation you are, it has to make you smile, cause memories and a visual of a Time Gone By.

Timeless Music that is "All American":)

Water Romper

Reaction score
Its funny, the "Beach Boys" from Hawthorn California never really surfed. Brian Wilson was a musical wizard. My fav- Don't Worry Baby , but then, there were so many great songs.
Fast forward, Van Halen/David Lee Roth re-did California Girls- And I helped make the video (second unit, nothing special but it was cool)

Water Romper

Reaction score
I have two albums signed by the Beach Boys.. The guitar is signed by George Striait

Attachments

• B Boys.jpg
    B Boys.jpg
    215.3 KB · Views: 43

Water Romper

Reaction score
haha, "Good Vibrations" metaphor for LSD and pot. The Beach Boys used to hang with Charles Manson and crew.. NO, they were or never involved with the Manson violence but geezzzz, what a time they must have had. I also think Brian Wilson went on a Sabattus with a monk or somthing...oh the mind of a genius

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
One of them has a show in Vegas makes animal sounds I don’t know which one it is ?

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Went to my High School. Played at the Prom in '69. There's a monument to them at the old Wilson address, now a freeway. The Wife and I contributed to help build it, and are now commemorated with them, for eternity. (or at least until the grasshopper people take over) We lived a couple blocks away and would hang around while they were practicing. Early '60s. We did that for several garage bands around the area.

1916654_106149519412046_2689143_n.jpg

1916654_106149522745379_2609999_n.jpg

Last edited:

nowski

Reaction score
I'll bet nobody on this site went to the free concert the Beach Boys did back in July of 81. The concert was held outdoors at The Queen Mary parking lot. Opening acts included Rick Springfield, Three dog Night and one of my favorites at the time Pablo Cruise. Their were plenty of California Girls at this concert with many wearing just short shorts and bikini tops...

We were upfront by the stage and I thought I'd be a genius to get an even better view. I jumped up on the fence in front of the stage that was approximately 9 - 10ft high,
(not knowing there were officers on the other side) right when I extended my arms for that perfect seat in the house whack goes the billy club right on my hand. My hand still hurts today just thinking about it...

Damn I just tried looking it up on youtube and look what I found...

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Went to 2 beach boys concerts. Also saw Brian Wilson and his band ( not the BBS) at a benefit dinner at the Peterson around 2010. Pretty good but he couldn’t play B B stuff.

Heylam

Reaction score
California girls are all liberals. No one on RDP would want them. Lol

oldboatsrule

Reaction score
I'll bet nobody on this site went to the free concert the Beach Boys did back in July of 81. The concert was held outdoors at The Queen Mary parking lot. Opening acts included Rick Springfield, Three dog Night and one of my favorites at the time Pablo Cruise. Their were plenty of California Girls at this concert with many wearing just short shorts and bikini tops...

We were upfront by the stage and I thought I'd be a genius to get an even better view. I jumped up on the fence in front of the stage that was approximately 9 - 10ft high,
(not knowing there were officers on the other side) right when I extended my arms for that perfect seat in the house whack goes the billy club right on my hand. My hand still hurts today just thinking about it...

Damn I just tried looking it up on youtube and look what I found...

I was in the coral pink 17 foot Futura anchored in the front row !

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I saw em at Anaheim stadium. Can't remember what year though...

BB132

Reaction score
Hey Playdeep,
Great picture.
The Surfers and Roland Leong.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Went to my High School. Played at the Prom in '69. There's a monument to them at the old Wilson address, now a freeway off ramp. The Wife and I contributed to help build it, and are now commemorated with them, for eternity. (or at least until the grasshopper people take over) We lived a couple blocks away and would hang around while they were practicing. Early '60s. We did that for several garage bands around the area.

View attachment 974886

View attachment 974887
Where is this ?

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
My parents had all the beach boys albums, so I loved them as a kid. I saw them once right after High School at Harrahs Lake Tahoe (small venue). My Buddy and I drove up in a Ford LTD. We drove home after the show, in a light snow, in a rear wheel drive boat with no chains. That section by Emerald Bay was Sketchy, but we made it. LOL.

Good times.

Sent From Tapatalk

poncho

Reaction score
There is a biography on those guys that is excellent. Don’t remember if it was a video or written. Stories on how they figured out fuel, think they went 100 percent, other leading edge stuff.
Stumbled onto a several part series on Youtube about them, wicked good.

Water Romper

Reaction score
I heard them in Laughlin about 15 years ago-they were playing at the outside venue at (I think) the Riverside, cant remember, They sounded fair at best