WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

What to do in LA ?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Sunday morning, get up early and go have breakfast at Norms Hanger in San Dimas. Great view of the mountains and you can watch the planes take off and land.

Then if you want to see LA from the mountains you were just looking at, Google Mt Wilson, and take a drive up there. Absolutely amazing views from the microwave towers. You can investigate the observatories too. Cool stories behind em.

There is a sandwich shop at the top of the Mt Wilson hiking trail. Not sure if will be open or not right now though. Food is good if it is.

Then stop in Pasadena on your way back. You can walk around downtown and find something to eat. Anything you want is there!

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I'd say Riviera to watch golf but.... still no fans allowed. Wind delay for 3 hours ... teed up again at 2
I hate golf ( out hotel window ) , I have full set of clubs in the closet they can stay there 🤔😂 I’ll find a kid that needs them .
A543198A-EC6B-4BA3-BD8A-AC6C0799C3BB.jpeg

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
I’m glad my garage is full because I would have bought something, a couple nice little nova’s a T bird 30K 🤔

ultra26shadow

Reaction score

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Forgot to mention...

The Puddle, or Puddingstone, or Frank G. Bonelli regional park is right around the corner from Norms Hanger...

When you get done with breakfast, head west at the south end of the parking lot. You'll see other people doing the same thing. Follow them, and the trail will take you right to the lake!

It's an easy hike/walk to help you digest your breakfast.

If you're not going to go early, forgot about going. It's a popular place that just reopened their outside seating. It will get packed real quick!

FishSniper

Reaction score
Forgot to mention...

The Puddle, or Puddingstone, or Frank G. Bonelli regional park is right around the corner from Norms Hanger...

When you get done with breakfast, head west at the south end of the parking lot. You'll see other people doing the same thing. Follow them, and the trail will take you right to the lake!

If you're not going to go early, forgot about going. It's a popular place that just reopened their outside seating. It will get packed real quick!
Puddle stone is a nice hike/ walk we go there fairly often with the dog.

Oso Viejo

Reaction score
Forgot to mention...

Dude,

You are SUCH a local. Why not send folks out to Pinnacle Peak and Donut Man.

😜

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
BTW if you go down to Newport/Laguna stop on by Mutt Lynch’s. Our favorite place for lunch and a few beers. Great place to get a window seat and watch the day go by.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
BTW if you go down to Newport/Laguna stop on by Mutt Lynch’s. Our favorite place for lunch and a few beers. Great place to get a window seat and watch the day go by.
Mutts always good.... and if want a bit more upscale try Fly N Fish 50 paces to north.... either can't lose.... good weather Sunday

Water Romper

Reaction score
There is the LA Museum of Natural History, Griffith Observatory, Huntington Library, LA Arboretum. And to REALLY get the feel of LA, Go yo Hollywood Blvd and see what an actual toilet it is. Check out Rodeo Blvd. fun to see how the other half lives.
Tired of Santa Anita? go to Los Alamitos quarter horse racing (but they are only running at night (Fri-Sun) I would call first.
Want sea food? Santa Monica Pier or if your down Newport Beach/ Corona del Mar way, go to Maestros.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Local lore is that it was Jessica Alba's fave when she was growing up.

She has no doubt since moved on to Mastro's.

Donut Man is still an ESGV must.
If it’s the same there was one pinnacle Petes ( great food ) over by the old El Cajon Speedway , I think it’s gone now .

Oso Viejo

Reaction score
If it’s the same there was one pinnacle Petes ( great food ) over by the old El Cajon Speedway , I think it’s gone now .

They show a location in Santeee. The San Dimas place is fine but nothing to go out of your way for. I lived nearby for years and PP was a local go to for meat meals: good value neighborhood joint that was close and consistent.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
They show a location in Santeee. The San Dimas place is fine but nothing to go out of your way for. I lived nearby for years and PP was a local go to for meat meals: good value neighborhood joint that was close and consistent.
Santee closed years ago unless they re built it ?