WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Reliable pool builder in Havasu ?

Keymyster

Reaction score
Seen a thread here quite awhile ago,BUT I would like to find a good pool builder here in Havasu? Who did yours?

Keymyster

Reaction score
Found older threads about this. Quite a few recommended Mike. I will give him and Sandcastle a call. :D I'm ready for a better look than just dirt. Thanks

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I build out there every now and then but way to busy, couldn't touch til prob next year. Go into SCP distributors at the corner of industrial and lake havasu ave. They're the only pool distributor out there, every pool store, service and builder are buying from them in some way shape or form. Hit up the counter guys or manager, they won't sell to you but should be able to at least refer you to a good honest builder. Or pm me I can make some calls and forward you some numbers.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
You can not associate the word "reliable" with "Havasu".

I have been trying to get some commitments from a few of them and they all are just too busy. I wish you luck. If you find someone to do a job for you, it's going to be a few months before they can get started. Seriously, they are all over their heads right now.

IinsureU

aka 'Insman'
Reaction score
Sandcastle built mine- DSC022431.JPG

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I build out there every now and then but way to busy, couldn't touch til prob next year. Go into SCP distributors at the corner of industrial and lake havasu ave. They're the only pool distributor out there, every pool store, service and builder are buying from them in some way shape or form. Hit up the counter guys or manager, they won't sell to you but should be able to at least refer you to a good honest builder. Or pm me I can make some calls and forward you some numbers.

U do bullhead?

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
If your in no hurry, I'm booked thru the end of year, if it was your chino house we could squeeze in earlier, but right now spread to thin to be heading out there. let me know

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Mom was think a little fiber glass pool but damn that is really nice. Maybe I'll start saving too

FYI, most builders that do both fiberglass and Shotcrete pools. Charge the same price either way. I only build Shotcrete/Gunite. If she has a builder offering a low price fiberglass, save your money and headaches - run,
Go Shotcrete/Gunite for sure who ever you use

Scott E

Reaction score
Mike Van Rooy built our pool as well. Not the biggest nor the cheapest but we, and others, felt the best due to quality of construction and referrals. Mike does not advertise but he is always busy, that should say something.

TCHB

Reaction score
Mike Van Rooy built our pool as well. Not the biggest nor the cheapest but we, and others, felt the best due to quality of construction and referrals. Mike does not advertise but he is always busy, that should say something.

He is not a sales guy in anyway! He builds a good pool and does not nickel and dime for things.

Member: 71

M ǝ ɯ q ǝ ɹ : 7 1
Reaction score
Mike Van Rooy.

Another vote for Mike.

Straight shooter, very proud of the work he has done, saw some of builds.
Will definitely reach out to him once I get my retaining wall built.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

sfury

Reaction score
Our first pool in Havasu was fiberglass and I believe it was San Juan pools. It did its job for us but it was small and cheap looking but then again we paid 25k and also got 210 feet of block wall stuccoed both sides with RV and man gate. The pool we have now was Sandcastle and it was the time Den was turning it over to his Sil. I would use Mike next time too!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436223399.276377.jpg
This is sandcastle built pool.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Does anyone have a current number for Mike Van Rooy?

socalrzr

Reaction score

These guys did my parents pool a few years ago. Turned out nice and was done on schedule.

westair

Reaction score
Get a quote from Brian at Desert Storm Custom Pools ....... seriously, quality work on time

DMF

Reaction score
I will also highly recommend Brian at Desert Storm.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Brian is going to start on mine next month. Communication with him since signing has been excellent as we have been working together to help get the masonry and fencing lined up.

EarpRider

Reaction score
Were two months in next week with Desert Storm, not going as fast as expected.

Attachments

• 20200617_002602.jpg
    20200617_002602.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 136

92OCHO

Reaction score
Mike AKA MVR..... is a legend.... as his entire family........................... no other person to talk to about a pool.. MVR Pools

calkid

Reaction score
Brian (Desert Storm Pools) built ours and we couldn't be happier. Go to desertstormcustompools.com and look at "Blue Desert Pool Build" in the Gallery to see ours.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Reliable and Havasu in the same sentence is usually an oxymoron lol

Evo

Reaction score
I know this is an old post, but I have been calling around with no luck getting in touch with anyone to even get a quote on a pool. I called sandcastle and playing phone tag with greg from there. Call Desert Storm pools and they aren't even giving quotes until July. I know its crazy busy in Havasu right now, but I would love to just have a list of builders to call and see what info I can get.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I know this is an old post, but I have been calling around with no luck getting in touch with anyone to even get a quote on a pool. I called sandcastle and playing phone tag with greg from there. Call Desert Storm pools and they aren't even giving quotes until July. I know its crazy busy in Havasu right now, but I would love to just have a list of builders to call and see what info I can get.

Look up Primo Pools.

So far, so good

Carrera205

Reaction score
Sand castle pools. Buddy just had one installed looks clean.
29C304E7-4F5B-45B6-B7A0-252C8800F782.jpeg

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I know nothing of their quality, but Mohave has adds stating, they can start immediately.

Groper

Reaction score
Avoid Advantage Pools like the plague :(

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
We are using Sandcastle, its out third pool with them in the last 4 years. They have 28 pools going in town and in Kingman as of yesterday. Our pool is gunited but its been sitting a month now. The tile my wife wants is imported, I guess most of it is actually, and it was held up with all of the BS at the port of LA. I thought it was a bullshit answer at first on what was up with the delay, but I looked at all of the shipping and status stuff on line with the Sandcastle owner and it was a legit situation.

Tile finally came in and Sandcastle has it. Waiting now on their top tile guy, been with them almost 30 years, he has done our 2 previous pools and we requested him again. Supposed to start Tuesday next week since he is on another job now.

RichieRich

Reaction score
We are using Sandcastle, its out third pool with them in the last 4 years. They have 28 pools going in town and in Kingman as of yesterday. Our pool is gunited but its been sitting a month now. The tile my wife wants is imported, I guess most of it is actually, and it was held up with all of the BS at the port of LA. I thought it was a bullshit answer at first on what was up with the delay, but I looked at all of the shipping and status stuff on line with the Sandcastle owner and it was a legit situation.

Tile finally came in and Sandcastle has it. Waiting now on their top tile guy, been with them almost 30 years, he has done our 2 previous pools and we requested him again. Supposed to start Tuesday next week since he is on another job now.
I heard that from our builder yesterday that the tile is holding up 75% of the builds in Havasu right now...
mine is done thank god
pool tiled.jpg

Attachments

• stools tiles.jpg
    stools tiles.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 50

jones performance

Reaction score

most of the builders in town have a wait list going to almost end of this year before they even break ground.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

These guys did my parents pool a few years ago. Turned out nice and was done on schedule.

They did the refinish on the havasu house pool. It looks great, and they were very professional.

jadenchick

Reaction score
Sandcastle told my hubs they have a 200 pool wait list and I believe it. Tropical pool was really nice but he said he’s not doing any new builds only refinishing pools.

Brobee

Reaction score
Steve at SWB pools finished my build in October. He was very commutative and easy to get ahold of. He’s very old school and hands on.

I’m happy I went with him because of the small details that I didn’t see with Mohave pools. Little things like a thicker bullnose on the coping, using the pavers as the covers for the filter and fill instead of the factory plastic ones. His bids are based off of linear feet. Anything you want to do inside the pool is the same price. There’s no extra charge for Baja steps or benches. I’m very happy with how it all turned out.
IMG_3427.jpg

IMG_3426.jpg

IMG_3428.jpg

IMG_3431.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Evo

Reaction score
I heard that from our builder yesterday that the tile is holding up 75% of the builds in Havasu right now...
mine is done thank god
View attachment 976765
If you don't mind me asking what this pool is going to cost? Are they going to kick me to the end of the line if im looking for a basic pool? Nothing to extravagant.

FishSniper

Reaction score
We just finished our build with Desert Storm. Will have some better pictures next weekend this was just as it was filled. We are very happy with the build.
104ABAEE-8662-414B-AD91-DE1172A20619.jpeg