WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

So let’s say you want to buy a boat before summer

DWC

Reaction score
Nice looking boat. 600 is a great package. Pushing a 32 outta move pretty good.

996F39A7-9615-4D0F-9F63-D06FEBF091D9.jpeg

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
@RiverDave

You know I actually like every single thing about that boat.. LOL. It's just not me though. :oops:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Nice looking boat. 600 is a great package. Pushing a 32 outta move pretty good.

View attachment 973692

That's a nice boat for sure, and I am by no means talking shit.. but You couldn't get me to spend 168K on a ICB if it was new. At this stage in the game Cheetah is a safer bet as far as a build is concerned. We will see what happens into the future as they are getting ready to introduce the fourth GM in as many years.

RD

Your ad here

Reaction score
I bought this. 1990 Howard River Custom. Why? It just has that classic look, GM power, Bravo 1, and within my budget. Less than 300 hours. Interior has 1 season left before it needs to be redone and still has glass tanks. I like it's a 21'. Easy to maneuver, clean, and not worried about keeping it perfect. I'll keep it clean and repair as needed but bought it to enjoy on the water instead of polishing it on the water and going nuts chasing fingerprints.
20201205_135224.jpg
20201205_135200.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have seen that boat around.. I know some aren't partial to it, but I actually like the gel with the pink heartbeat looking deal. I really enjoy day cruisers, but the water is so god damn rough on Parker on the weekends anymore and on Havasu I just can't see myself in one anymore. :(. Maybe for a midweek boat.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm still looking for that perfect boat guys keep the suggestions rolling!

RD

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
That's a nice boat for sure, and I am by no means talking shit.. but You couldn't get me to spend 168K on a ICB if it was new. At this stage in the game Cheetah is a safer bet as far as a build is concerned. We will see what happens into the future as they are getting ready to introduce the fourth GM in as many years.

RD
It’s a gorgeous boat, a buddy of mine asked my opinion on it when he saw it. I didn’t quite go cheetah on him (I did however maybe use the guy 3/4 mile south on same street) but my words were very similar. I met one of the owners last year and he was “overly boastful” to put it lightly. Really turned me off on them. I think they have the molds to kill it but something is definitely not right there.

Reactions: DWC

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I'm still looking for that perfect boat guys keep the suggestions rolling!

RD

I know you stated when you saw at Saleen how beautiful it was, that all white 36 is for sale, but would be a bitch with the foot!

Your ad here

Reaction score
I have seen that boat around.. I know some aren't partial to it, but I actually like the gel with the pink heartbeat looking deal. I really enjoy day cruisers, but the water is so god damn rough on Parker on the weekends anymore and on Havasu I just can't see myself in one anymore. :(. Maybe for a midweek boat.

RD
I like the gel a lot and the pink pulse sets it off enough but not too much. The AZ numbers, Howard logo, and name (Rapid Pulse) are all hand painted. I bought it with the intentions to use it mostly during the winter months and midweek boating. For the summer weekend boating I'll just hop on my parents or brothers boat and be a passanger and launch vehicle driver. Topcat or 290 Hallett.

counterpart7

Reaction score
It’s a gorgeous boat, a buddy of mine asked my opinion on it when he saw it. I didn’t quite go cheetah on him (I did however maybe use the guy 3/4 mile south on same street) but my words were very similar. I met one of the owners last year and he was “overly boastful” to put it lightly. Really turned me off on them. I think they have the molds to kill it but something is definitely not right there.
I think @Goodtime$ needs to snatch up those molds and make something of them...

Jay Dub

Reaction score
You know I actually like every single thing about that boat.. LOL. It's just not me though. :oops:
I have looked at the Formula 260 BR a few times. I like so many things about it but as my wife says "it's not us".

Goodtime$

Reaction score
I think @Goodtime$ needs to snatch up those molds and make something of them...

What molds? dude i have too many. Shit we are cutting up the old ones.

River dave needs a twin engine deckboat. I hate to say it but the pontoons are getting HUGE and a big 34 Advantage or Eticket is a great boat for Havasu, shit even parker with the SS Mastercraft Wake TUGS out there now.

Happy huntings. Jetboats and blythe for me.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Well boys and girls been on the hunt pretty heavy and went and looked at some contenders.. but nothing has struck me as “gotta have it.”

Went and sat in one that is pretty damn pricey and Stacy said “I just don’t feel the magic”.

went and looked at a cheap toon today thinking screw it im not sure what the future holds if I get a surgery I might be man down for a few months.. and it was just a little too far gone for me.

Keep posting anything ya think I might be interested in..

So far the top of the list is the Jew single engine deck boat from e ticket they are coming out with, but I swore after going twins I didn’t want to go back to a single. It is making the most sense right now though.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
What molds? dude i have too many. Shit we are cutting up the old ones.

River dave needs a twin engine deckboat. I hate to say it but the pontoons are getting HUGE and a big 34 Advantage or Eticket is a great boat for Havasu, shit even parker with the SS Mastercraft Wake TUGS out there now.

Happy huntings. Jetboats and blythe for me.

I am calling conquest tomorrow to see what the story is on that big white one they built. I heard Wayne wants to sell it.

JB in so cal

Reaction score
Well boys and girls been on the hunt pretty heavy and went and looked at some contenders.. but nothing has struck me as “gotta have it.”

Went and sat in one that is pretty damn pricey and Stacy said “I just don’t feel the magic”.

went and looked at a cheap toon today thinking screw it im not sure what the future holds if I get a surgery I might be man down for a few months.. and it was just a little too far gone for me.

Keep posting anything ya think I might be interested in..

So far the top of the list is the Jew single engine deck boat from e ticket they are coming out with, but I swore after going twins I didn’t want to go back to a single. It is making the most sense right now though.

Check your spell check lol

good luck with your search. Mines going on 10 months

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So someone (I honestly can’t remember who) told me Wayne wanted to sell that big white twin they built. I called, and they asked me “who told ya that?” And if I coulda remembered who I woulda told em... but I don’t remember because at the time they told me I wasn’t in the market for a boat? So I didn’t put much thought or effort into the conversation?

Anyhow that turned into a kinda bizarre conversation that had me kinda staring at the phone 😳.. I wasn’t trying to start something weird was just trying to find out if he was actually interested in selling it.

Was told he wasn’t interested eventually, so moved onto something else..

Happy to say we have a deposit on a boat and will be finalizing paperwork on Monday!

WE ARE BACK IN THE GAME!

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
So someone (I honestly can’t remember who) told me Wayne wanted to sell that big white twin they built. I called, and they asked me “who told ya that?” And if I coulda remembered who I woulda told em... but I don’t remember because at the time they told me I wasn’t in the market for a boat? So I didn’t put much thought or effort into the conversation?

Anyhow that turned into a kinda bizarre conversation that had me kinda staring at the phone [emoji15].. I wasn’t trying to start something weird was just trying to find out if he was actually interested in selling it.

Happy to say we have a deposit on a boat and will be finalizing paperwork on Monday!

WE ARE BACK IN THE GAME!

A twin toon or what?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JFMFG

Reaction score
So we have to wait till Monday to figure out what you got?
Anyhow that turned into a kinda bizarre conversation that had me kinda staring at the phone 😳.. I wasn’t trying to start something weird was just trying to find out if he was actually interested in selling it.

WE ARE BACK IN THE GAME!

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
That said if I didn’t get the boat I got, this was the next boat I was gonna purchase..

86 mph Hallett 110k.. seems like a good deal in these times to me.

View attachment 977323 View attachment 977324 View attachment 977325 View attachment 977326 View attachment 977327 View attachment 977328 View attachment 977329 View attachment 977330 View attachment 977331 View attachment 977332

Not sure you would want a 360, lots of handling issues as I hear.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

It is en route and should be here before the weekend! Triple couch setup with a J lounge in the back and a fridge!

I am really excited about the fridge although I couldn’t tell ya why. Lol. One step closer to the center console I guess.. they all have similar fridges.

Now it’s time for the RDP Toon build! 🤪

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Why even look at that Hallet? I thought the main requirement was easy access because of your leg?
Crawling in and out of the big sum bitch don’t look fun for people with 2 good legs.

it is A LOT OF BOAT for 110k.. not the one I went with but if my deal fell through that would be number two in line.

DWC

Reaction score
It is en route and should be here before the weekend! Triple couch setup with a J lounge in the back and a fridge!

I am really excited about the fridge although I couldn’t tell ya why. Lol. One step closer to the center console I guess.. they all have similar fridges.

Congrats RD and family. Bad ass ride at a pretty damn good price in Covid times. (I saw an Orange Trifecta at Horizon a little while ago. Didn’t know if you and @Wmc were going to match)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Congrats RD and family. Bad ass ride at a pretty damn good price in Covid times. (I saw an Orange Trifecta at Horizon a little while ago. Didn’t know if you and @Wmc were going to match)

That price doesn’t include the trailer and a few other things. Overall though I am very excited about the boat and we finished al the paperwork today so it should be on its way after they prep it and mount the coolers (extra) etc..

Hoping to take delivery Friday so we can be on the water for the weekend.

DWC

Reaction score
That price doesn’t include the trailer and a few other things. Overall though I am very excited about the boat and we finished al the paperwork today so it should be on its way after they prep it and mount the coolers (extra) etc..

Great weather to break it in. If we don’t get the call to drop it off for service we’ll be on the water next weekend. Wife and Daughter keep asking. If not I may have to commandeer @Jumppack JB ’s for the weekend.

JFMFG

Reaction score

So is RDP gonna crash the spring meet up?

FishSniper

Reaction score

Well probably be on the water one day this weekend also weather looks too good not to.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Good looking boat!

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
Awesome toon. I’d love to get a ride on it just to see what they’re all about. What kind of top speed will she get?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Awesome toon. I’d love to get a ride on it just to see what they’re all about. What kind of top speed will she get?

From the factory I’m guessing around 70.. when I’m done I’m guessing a lot more. Lol. 75? 80 maybe?

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score

Now it’s time for the RDP Toon build! [emoji2957]

Really nice RD!

I was there last week showing the wife the other one he has with a single 400. He told us one with twins was coming and wasn’t sold (assuming this is it?). My response was it won’t sit long or in this case at all!
The new dealership seems to have good energy that will do well for Avalon boats. We are still looking but think we have made our decision as well.

Honestly, I think it’s a great boat for you guys! Between RDP and RDPrealestate it’s gonna be almost a completely free ride. All write offs. Everyone wins. Your family and guests will enjoy the comfort and luxurious Avalon for lots of years to come. It just makes good sense for your disability as well, you will be comfortable and able to relax a bit.

Better get your ass a boat slip someplace...