WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Enclosed Trailer Flooring

Meaney77

Reaction score
Looking for some input on a trailer floor adhesive.

I few years ago I installed coin roll flooring in my 24' enclosed trailer. It has held up really well but I have noticed that the adhesive I originally used isnt holding the floor down in some spots.

I am in the process of ditching the D rings that came with the trailer and installing new ETrack but before diving into that I wanted to make sure the flooring is sticking t the plywood flooring.

Looking for feedback on adhesive that I could use, possibly a roll on or spray on application- Hopefully something at Depot or Lowes? The floor is made of PVC and the adhesive needs to stick to PVC and plywood.

Thanks for your input

Here is the flooring I installed https://www.garageflooringllc.com/t...fp4OE-Vb5HfyIJwxwG9fJf9eSVtNVAYIaAnFeEALw_wcB

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
I had floor RhinoLined, kinda pricey maybe but it always looked good and held up great.

IMG_3746.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Meaney77

Reaction score
I had floor RhinoLined, kinda pricey maybe but it always looked good and held up great.

View attachment 980818

I looked into doing the Rhino lining before doing the coin roll stuff, it was pretty spendy so I went this route.
Agree the Rhino lining looks really good!

ltbaney1

Reaction score
when we did our trailer we used the laminate floor glue from home depot. still stuck down after years with all sorts of fuels and oils spilt.

3.Slow

Reaction score
Another vote for laminate floor glue, but use a thin layer, I noticed some depressions in mine where I put it on too think and then parked the sxs on it.

Meaney77

Reaction score
when we did our trailer we used the laminate floor glue from home depot. still stuck down after years with all sorts of fuels and oils spilt.
Another vote for laminate floor glue, but use a thin layer, I noticed some depressions in mine where I put it on too think and then parked the sxs on it.

Thanks, application is just smear it all over with a grooved trowel?

rivergames

Reaction score
You can probably use Herculiner. Very similar to Rhino Liner. I rolled that shit in my Mini Schiada 7 years ago and it STILL holds up great! Just wipe the substrate with Acetone first so it adheres well.

ltbaney1

Reaction score
yes, but we scuffed the plywood just to be overkill. if memory serves we just used 80 grit on a DA. smear out with a notch trowel and put the floor down. we also use e-track and let the floor set up for 24 hours before putting the track down, not sure if needed or not. but it has held up suprisingly well for us.

rrrr

Reaction score

Maybe a little more nuanced. 😁

Use a 3/16" notched trowel to make overlapping fan shaped application of the adhesive, wait a few minutes, then apply the flooring material.

WildHorses24

Reaction score

Henry’s 356 with a notched trowel. You can find better adhesive at Big Ds than a big box store.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I used recycled rubber tire flooring in my trailer. It's pretty much indestructible, washable, was soft underfoot and looked great. It also kept pretty much anything from sliding around in the trailer.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
yes, but we scuffed the plywood just to be overkill. if memory serves we just used 80 grit on a DA. smear out with a notch trowel and put the floor down. we also use e-track and let the floor set up for 24 hours before putting the track down, not sure if needed or not. but it has held up suprisingly well for us.

You put the e track on over the flooring?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I used recycled rubber tire flooring in my trailer. It's pretty much indestructible, washable, was soft underfoot and looked great. It also kept pretty much anything from sliding around in the trailer.

examples?

RaceTec

Reaction score
I Just got the deck paint with grit in it, rolled it on and worked great!!!

Meaney77

Reaction score
Yes, we put the floor down then bolted the track through the floor, plywood and the trailer frame.
Did you thru bolt all the way through the floor joist and put a lock nut on the backside or did you just use the self tapping screws into each joist?

ltbaney1

Reaction score
Did you thru bolt all the way through the floor joist and put a lock nut on the backside or did you just use the self tapping screws into each joist?
where we could, we went all the way through the frame and used jam nuts, everywhere else got the self tapping screw.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Where can I get some forward cabinets built liek shown in the white trailer?

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Does that come in rolls? Or? Where do you get it?

Yes you can get it in rolls and tiles in multiple thicknesses. I used a roll product in 1/4" thick. If I remember right, I did the whole 40 long trailer floor in one piece. Look up gym flooring when you are looking to buy it. BTW, it comes in a multitude of colors.