WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

California Strikes Again

RichL

Reaction score
I was reading an article earlier this week where they are proposing new regs to go after outboard motors as well. Unfortunately I didn't save the link but will try to find it again.

hallett3

Reaction score
Liberals and Democrats want to take your freedom away from you. Banning traveling of motor homes is just another hit. Let’s face it liberals want you to live in a Tiny apartment, go to your Starbucks. Then take your electric car or bike to work. Of course the give me free, free, free no questions ask government check and medical program. They want to control you. They don’t know how to have fun, with boating, motorcycle riding, off roading or building hot rods. For the most they are really worthless human beings. They are the most miserable mother fuckers on earth. Live like a hermit, that’s their agenda.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I'd love to see a strong 'FU-CA' campaign that generates funds, awareness, lobbying, and transparency to fight all the bullshit going on in this fucked up state.
More and more of these fuck-tards are infiltrating my neighborhood every day.
BTW . . .The WORST parking lot in all of Huntington Beach is the Trader Joes on Brookhurst and Hamilton . . . there are more Subaru's / Prius's/ Volvo's. and gay-ass Tesla's with drivers wearing masks than any other place on earth.
ALL OF THEM walking through the parking lot like mindless fucking Zombies, oblivious to the world around them.
They could 'drone-strike' that place for all I care.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
So how would they enforce that? You have to get a certificate of conformity, but who's going to check? If my MH was registered in another state, CA cannot prevent me from registering it if I do not get that certificate like they could if it was registered here. So then I go drive it in CA. It's not legal to pull me over just to see if I have a certificate, so what then?

Seems like another CA money grab that actually would encourage owners to register them in another state.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Coming from oregon into cali they have a checkpoint to make sure you dont have any fruits or vegetables. It's a mandatory stop. So they could check you there I guess?

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
So how would they enforce that? You have to get a certificate of conformity, but who's going to check? If my MH was registered in another state, CA cannot prevent me from registering it if I do not get that certificate like they could if it was registered here. So then I go drive it in CA. It's not legal to pull me over just to see if I have a certificate, so what then?

Seems like another CA money grab that actually would encourage owners to register them in another state.

Checkpoints at the state border.

Sherpa

Reaction score
For anyone thinking the DOT/CHP/CARB wouldn’t check you entering California for different reasons other than Fruits-vegetables-banned animals, you need to think again.. The bug station in northern calif on I-5 checks a lot of stuff...

during spring break, when college kids from Oregon come south to head to lake Shasta for houseboat parties, they usually bring slot of beer with them.... of course CHP will then check ID’s for minors in possession.. they confiscate all the beers from MIP’s.,
Ive seen stacks of beer that would fill 2 pickup beds 5 feet high..

so calif carb compliance would probably gladly turn away pushers without their certs.,

Calif, the state that wants everyone to leave.,

-S

LowRiver2

Reaction score
It’s a money grab. Would be interesting how they (carb) got the idea to start this.

I predict a compromise of out of state folks buying a “pass” with said amount of time in state.
Ca. Still gets the tourist dollar and state gets a cut.
Pretty much the same as a vegas room fee at hotels.

Will be interesting what the outcome is.

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
Liberals and Democrats want to take your freedom away from you. Banning traveling of motor homes is just another hit. Let’s face it liberals want you to live in a Tiny apartment, go to your Starbucks. Then take your electric car or bike to work. Of course the give me free, free, free no questions ask government check and medical program. They want to control you. They don’t know how to have fun, with boating, motorcycle riding, off roading or building hot rods. For the most they are really worthless human beings. They are the most miserable mother fuckers on earth. Live like a hermit, that’s their agenda.
Ain’t that the truth.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I’ll be out of CA by then.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
So any out of state toterhome going to races, snowbirds and other money spending tourists...are to be banned.

Illegal immigrants though, come on in!

So, side biz will be go through Az to Mexico, and pick up temp tags there before coming in to Cali?

mark r / 019

Reaction score
https://insideclimatenews.org/news/...oe-biden-michael-regan-environmental-justice/ The Diesel new smog laws all started with this unelected bitch . This started years ago and could have been derailed by the Governor. Arnold is scum ! I am in the Diesel repair business and it’s the emission crap is mostly our business now . It takes more sensors and way more parts than the old school Diesels . It’s a constant battle with all the soot problems . Biden was thinking of having here run the EPA . Its scary to think all other states to be ruined like CA is now . There was a loop hole in reporting your fleet to Carb . It started at 10,000 miles a year you could keep your Truck . Then changed to 5,000 . Now its under 1,000 . To spend over 100,000 on a equipment on uses the road under 10,000 miles a year is crazy . Looks like Motor Homes are the next target . Total BULLSHIT !!!!!

dribble

Reaction score
Coming from oregon into cali they have a checkpoint to make sure you dont have any fruits or vegetables. It's a mandatory stop. So they could check you there I guess?
Not without highly trained personnel in diesel emission systems manning the checkpoints. Wouldn’t happen there. I’m thinking of a requirement for a smog inspection with a sticker upon passing.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Agree
They have one Az to Ca on the 40 fwy
Another on the 15 fwy Nv to Ca

easy to stop you

HotRod82

Reaction score

I have a 2001 F550 chassis RV with the 7.3 diesel motor registered here in CA. The new CA diesel smog laws OUTLAWED any pre-2011 diesels for commercial use but thankfully made RV's and pickups exempt from the law. Earlier this month I was sent the registration renewal and I was REQUIRED to log onto the CARB website and submit pictures of my RV to prove it was an RV. CA is serious about this stuff and will force it until you just give up.....

motormonkey

Reaction score
My thoughts is you'll have to pay a fee at border checkpoints coming in. Probably only good for so many days. Just another tax.

RCDave

Reaction score
Rod "awesome my party is doing its utmost to fulfill my desires"

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It’s a money grab. Would be interesting how they (carb) got the idea to start this.

I predict a compromise of out of state folks buying a “pass” with said amount of time in state.
Ca. Still gets the tourist dollar and state gets a cut.
Pretty much the same as a vegas room fee at hotels.

Will be interesting what the outcome is.

CARB needs to be disbanded as a whole

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
It will never hold up. They are basically requiring every state to meet CA's restrictive smog laws.

I believe it's illegal under federal law to restrict or otherwise inhibit free movement between states, unless martial law is enacted.

You should be concerned, if not afraid, they are going to propose much worse than this once they get going.

Hang on.

Htwolow

Reaction score
Well that sucks. It's a shame too since CA actually has some really great scenery in certain parts.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I was just about to take a heat gun to the annoying clean diesel stickers on my cab doors, maybe I won’t now. Prolly a felony anyway.

Reactions: DWC

dribble

Reaction score
It looks like this bill (SB 210-1999) was intended for out of state commercial trucks as they require permits to operate in CA. Logistically it would be impossible to require out of state RV's to obtain a "Certificate of Conformity". Keep in mind that virtually all diesel and gas powered motorhomes are already 50 state compliant. This is something that the author of the article clearly doesn't know when he asked " how many of our diesel pushers will pass a California smog check?" Answer, all of them. But ultimately they won't be tested.

Universal Elements

Reaction score
It looks like this bill (SB 210-1999) was intended for out of state commercial trucks as they require permits to operate in CA. Logistically it would be impossible to require out of state RV's to obtain a "Certificate of Conformity". Keep in mind that virtually all diesel and gas powered motorhomes are already 50 state compliant. This is something that the author of the article clearly doesn't know when he asked " how many of our diesel pushers will pass a California smog check?" Answer, all of them. But ultimately they won't be tested.

Why stop at RV’s? Stop all semis too. If Mexico was really smart, they would open a kick ass port in Baja for containers. Build a kick ass road to Yuma and fuck California all together. Oh, I know the weather and the other bullshit that goes with it🙃

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Why stop at RV’s? Stop all semis too. If Mexico was really smart, they would open a kick ass port in Baja for containers. Build a kick ass road to Yuma and fuck California all together. Oh, I know the weather and the other bullshit that goes with it🙃

They've tried a couple times, the biggest plan was for San Quintin. It won't happen in our lifetime if it does at all.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I was just about to take a heat gun to the annoying clean diesel stickers on my cab doors, maybe I won’t now. Prolly a felony anyway.
A capital crime yet rapists, child molesters and killers go free.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

LowRiver2

Reaction score
CARB needs to be disbanded as a whole
So cal AQMD is worse
My ex had to rent a road milling machine from nor cal about 2010 to mill Sunset strip. Sunset has concrete about 1” under the asphalt and my ex was asked to grind 1.5”
Second day of job, So cal aqmd lady shows up, writes a $50k (yes) on the spot to the machine because it didn’t have a so cal aqmd sticker
Ex calls that office next day, buys sticker for $3k, “ticket” cancelled

Always a money grab based on BS

And as for tiers , the Dept. 1997 Sterling I just passed my CDL with is exempt from smog till 2025, about 10 years behind private sector.
Now, it saves tax payers to not get a newer truck (20k miles on it), but still hypocrisy.
All decided by CARB and So Cal AQMD

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
I have a 2001 F550 chassis RV with the 7.3 diesel motor registered here in CA. The new CA diesel smog laws OUTLAWED any pre-2011 diesels for commercial use but thankfully made RV's and pickups exempt from the law. Earlier this month I was sent the registration renewal and I was REQUIRED to log onto the CARB website and submit pictures of my RV to prove it was an RV. CA is serious about this stuff and will force it until you just give up.....

this was my understanding of the law as it sits now. My diesel bus when converted the reg type will change to “house car” and I should be exempt. I’ll need to do an inspection where they make sure it’s converter and I’m not hauling passengers etc. should be pretty easy. I was also looking into possibly registering at the AZ house but with this new law that might not be so easy. Also virgins supposedly sight unseen will register bus conversions. Sigh...

zhandfull

Reaction score

This!

Seven years ago I was self employed public works contractor with diesel trucks, bobcats, bore machines and air compressors all owned and paid for. The writing was on the wall then and I knew it, was time to either spend some real money or get out. I decided it was time to get out of the self employed business. The Diesel engine requirements have been being phased in since that time and will continue to evolve till they are completely out of the state.

welldigger00

Reaction score
As a result of these very laws, I had no choice to shut the doors on my business that I started in 1998. I owned all of my equipment, and was able to still compete against the bigger corporations that could come in and price most small people out of work. We were given letters from AQMD and CARB that we were to sell 6 pieces of my fleet by the end of last year, out of state, or face $1k a day fines per piece of equipment, and $10k if the caught us on a job site with any of them. My total replacement costs exceeded 2 and a half mil. We said no thanks, and fuck you california. I am an employee again for the first time in 25 years. However, the tree guys in my town are exempt. They can run what you brung. Total bullshit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
As a result of these very laws, I had no choice to shut the doors on my business that I started in 1998. I owned all of my equipment, and was able to still compete against the bigger corporations that could come in and price most small people out of work. We were given letters from AQMD and CARB that we were to sell 6 pieces of my fleet by the end of last year, out of state, or face $1k a day fines per piece of equipment, and $10k if the caught us on a job site with any of them. My total replacement costs exceeded 2 and a half mil. We said no thanks, and fuck you california. I am an employee again for the first time in 25 years. However, the tree guys in my town are exempt. They can run what you brung. Total bullshit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wow . . . I had no idea . . . absolute bullshit.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
When they outlaw RV’s, only outlaws will have RV’s

Singleton

Reaction score
CARB needs to be disbanded.
Trump had lawsuits filed to limit CARB‘s reach and limit how a state agency was forcing national mandates. GM and Ford were part of the lawsuit. Biden take over, GM and Ford withdrawal from lawsuit and Biden stops the lawsuit after that.

Total BS - CARB is over reaching and forcing national mandates.

First thing a new Governor in CA that is not a democrate needs to do is close CARB.