WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

RD WTF?? [emoji12]

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I saw this ad in the Lounge (using Tapatalk). These ads should be banned!! I know $20 is $20, but..... [emoji3][emoji3]
Screenshot_20210313-155901.jpg

Sent From Tapatalk

hallett21

Reaction score
Why would anybody use tapatalk?

Honestly because it’s just easier to read. It’s just text and photos. You don’t have to look for buttons to respond.

@RiverDave I have no idea what goes into making an app and my guess is it’s expensive. I understand the aspect of needing to get advertisements on the app platform.

Would it be a huge feat to mimic Tapatalk but say every 5-8 subject lines you could insert an advertiser?

For instance if I clicked “unread/newpost” and saw

Ricks new build
Speed SXS
Schiada set up help

*****detail specialties******

Looking for block wall help in havasu

Etc etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
I don’t know why anyone even uses tapa talk now.
On my phone I use this link:

Does everything if not more than a desk top.

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
I saw this ad in the Lounge (using Tapatalk). These ads should be banned!! I know $20 is $20, but..... [emoji3][emoji3] View attachment 981596

Sent From Tapatalk
🤔 Isn't popup ads like these a version of recent past history of your web history web browser? :D
You been looking for ways to turn to the Dark Side/Winter) now too??o_O :p Lol...:)

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Sorry / Not Sorry. @Ziggy is also a part of this mess...if you look close. I made sure to position the screen shot just right to get Zig in the action also.

Sent From Tapatalk
In my best Schultz voice..."I zee nussing!"
Stopped using Tapatalk looooong ago.

welldigger00

Reaction score
The text is bigger and spaced out farther apart. That’s it for me. If I wasn’t an Imbecile, I’d use the website.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Honestly because it’s just easier to read. It’s just text and photos. You don’t have to look for buttons to respond.

@RiverDave I have no idea what goes into making an app and my guess is it’s expensive. I understand the aspect of needing to get advertisements on the app platform.

Would it be a huge feat to mimic Tapatalk but say every 5-8 subject lines you could insert an advertiser?

For instance if I clicked “unread/newpost” and saw

Ricks new build
Speed SXS
Schiada set up help

*****detail specialties******

Looking for block wall help in havasu

Etc etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use tapatalk for a couple other forums and almost all the pictures links come in broken and if I really want to see them I need to go to web view anyway.

73mandella

Reaction score
You posted the ‘pot’, so I though I’d stir it a little.

Banning tapatalk wouldn’t be something new. Facebook decides what’s good for their members to read and others ban whatever doesn’t align with their corporate line. Didn't twitter ban President Trump? Hell, our kids and grandkids can’t even watch certain cartoons and animated movies unless we have our own copy. It’s going to take some work to just call Mr. Potato Head, Potato Head. It seems disrespectful. There’s always someone who’ll try to tell us what we can and cannot see/read because they feel we’re not able to male up our own minds.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score

Banning tapatalk wouldn’t be something new. Facebook decides what’s good for their members to read and others ban whatever doesn’t align with their corporate line. Didn't twitter ban President Trump? Hell, our kids and grandkids can’t even watch certain cartoons and animated movies unless we have our own copy. It’s going to take some work to just call Mr. Potato Head, Potato Head. It seems disrespectful. There’s always someone who’ll try to tell us what we can and cannot see/read because they feel we’re not able to male up our own minds.

If I were Dave I would be bothered by Tapashit making money off of my web site.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

You're talking about content. Not HOW someone accesses the content...

Plus I don't get memory care ads when using a browser, and Lord knows I could use those services for sure! 😁

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Dave get rid of tapatalk . It sucks honestly no one uses it.
I use it. For me it makes it much easier to read, to see all new posts and is simple. Yes it has its drawbacks but they are less than other options.

On the computer I like the website. But not on my phone.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk