WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Ford canceling Ohio plant to move it to Mexico

Singleton

Reaction score
Even more fun when those that voted for Biden start to complain. My response - ‘you are getting what you voted for. If you thought something else would of occurred your too stupid to be voting to start with. So STFU and think before you vote next time.’

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
It happened in Ca. a long time ago. All three auto makers (GM, Ford and Chrysler) had assembly plants in So Cal. Union workers making good money and benefits went out on strike. At the time the guy that put lug nuts on the cars was making 19.50 Hr. , not a bad wage for unskilled labor back then. The manufacturers got tired of union pressure, Ca. taxes and regs. They packed up and moved to the midwest.
Now that guy that was making 19.50 hr. for putting on lug nuts goes to the EDD to help him find work and they tell him that they have a job at a tire company that might suit him. The guy tells the EDD officer that he's not qualified to do tire and brake work and that all he knows how to do is put lug nuts on. EDD officer informs him that with his experience the best they can do for him would be a minimum wage job (about 3.75 back then).
Guy losses his house, car and family because he placed to much value on his limited skills, gov. overtaxed his employer and union pressured the company to hard.

Those who do not learn form history are doomed to repeat it.

2Driver

Reaction score
Most in the administration have never worked in a job before or run a real business. They are textbook no-nothings and bubble politicians like Joke. LOL Just look who he has appointed to head up certain departments.

799495DE-C589-4461-A113-FF9E083FE7A7.jpeg

Dettom

Reaction score
Even more fun when those that voted for Biden start to complain. My response - ‘you are getting what you voted for. If you thought something else would of occurred your too stupid to be voting to start with. So STFU and think before you vote next time.’
If there even is a next time...

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
So, living in Ohio, i can explain it. We're TOTALLTY red EXCEPT for Cleveland ( where ford WAS going to build ), Columbus, Dayton, and Cincy - 85% geography is sane, but 15% ( major cities ) is crazy. Look at the density /demographics of Cleveland, and this becomes crystal clear. The union did tell all the Auto workers to vote for Biden = they did - i hope they enjoy moving to Mexico - the sooner, the better.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Most in the administration have never worked in a job before or run a real business. They are textbook no-nothings and bubble politicians like Joke. LOL Just look who he has appointed to head up certain departments.

View attachment 983419
The company doing civil on our site just fired the PM and gave a girl PE the PM position, so she called the super today and tells him she is taking bids on someone to reframe the RTU old locations ( he has in house already doing it ) and she don’t understand why someone had plywood, 2x6 nails hangers delivered ? 🤔 Another - 1st day on site to MOB , I have nothing ( 1/2 ass schedule) nothing else no office no power no permit 😫 she calls ( still PE ) 5 month project “ I need to know when you will be ready to pave that 40k sqft area “ we still have to demo -WTF Really ? 🤬 can I/ you get a permit 1st ? This is going to be a long one 😫🍸