WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Harbor Freight Discounts are now GOA

shunter2005

Reaction score
Don't know if any of you shop at Harbor Freight, but I haven't been there in a while, so I got a little surprise yesterday when I stopped in. I usually pull up their coupons on my phone, but couldn't find any. The cashier said that there are no 20% - 25% discounts anymore. Also no more freebie stuff with purchases. They are also moving away from some brands in favor of other more expensive brands, like Pittsburgh wrenches to more expensive Icon wrenches. The only thing discounted now are their so-called Super Deals, which is usually stuff I don't need or will ever use. They have killed all my incentive to go there.

grumpy88

Reaction score
Dam . I wanted a pole saw . Might as well buy good tools now even on low use items

DLC

Reaction score
I usually don’t shop there. Last item I purchased was a rack that slides into the 2inch receiver hitch and it has so much sloppy movement I need to return it.

Reactions: DWC

shunter2005

Reaction score
I usually don’t shop there. Last item I purchased was a rack that slides into the 2inch receiver hitch and it has so much sloppy movement I need to return it.
I only go there to find cheap tools for an easy one time job. If their tools make it through that one job, I am happy. If I ever try to use it again and it still works, then that's a bonus. If it doesn't, trash it and move on.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Don't know if any of you shop at Harbor Freight, but I haven't been there in a while, so I got a little surprise yesterday when I stopped in. I usually pull up their coupons on my phone, but couldn't find any. The cashier said that there are no 20% - 25% discounts anymore. Also no more freebie stuff with purchases. They are also moving away from some brands in favor of other more expensive brands, like Pittsburgh wrenches to more expensive Icon wrenches. The only thing discounted now are their so-called Super Deals, which is usually stuff I don't need or will ever use. They have killed all my incentive to go there.

Wow...

Best news ever. Everything they had was use once and throw away. I might consider shopping there now! 👍

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Found this out today. Searched a few minutes before walking in. Nothing. Asked the cashier and she said they were gone. Went in there for a new ratchet and realized that I don’t need a $40 Icon. Walked out with nothing.

At least Cold Stone was next door for lunch.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Found this out today. Searched a few minutes before walking in. Nothing. Asked the cashier and she said they were gone. Went in there for a new ratchet and realized that I don’t need a $40 Icon. Walked out with nothing.

You had ice cream for lunch???????

DLC

Reaction score
what kind of Cold stone did you get? I haven’t been in a cold stone in years, but sounds good....

77charger

Reaction score
Only went there for cheap one time use tools for couple bucks more I’ll buy name brand where parts are easier to find.

farmo83

Reaction score
I buy stuff there that will get abused. There hammer has held up well lol.

HitIt

Reaction score
Went there a few weeks ago and noticed the same thing. They have been trying to seriously step up their quality game in the past 2 years or so with a huge push this year.

I feel like there is a huge gap to fill with Craftsman gone (the old school Sears stuff, not whatever hollow shell of a brand they are now). Right now you have a choice between Snappy and company or whatever shitty made in China brand the big box stores are selling. The causal DIY guy doesn't have many good options anymore. It is a great opportunity for them to replace what the tool portion of Sears/Craftsman once was.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
You had ice cream for lunch???????

Sure did. Wife has one daughter so I was responsible for the others. So we had a great lunch. :D

what kind of Cold stone did you get? I haven’t been in a cold stone in years, but sounds good....

Founders special. Usually get the mud pie. Delicious.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Noticed this yesterday too. Was going to get a trailer box. Walked out with nothing.

Reactions: TPC

Rayson1971

Reaction score
I just recently bought a gravity fed spray gun. Paid the extra and got the better gun to paint my trailer and was very happy with it.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Download this app. Makes looking for the coupons 1000x easier and they are all in one place.

HF coupons (not 100% sure if it's available for Apple of not).
Screenshot_20210321-175126_Google%20Play%20Store.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

lard ass

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe it’s for his new yacht

Attachments

• 3ADBE1AE-798B-4833-AC37-DE19755CE7A8.jpeg
    3ADBE1AE-798B-4833-AC37-DE19755CE7A8.jpeg
    430.7 KB · Views: 208

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I just got home from HF. I didn't notice any major brands there. Just their own off brands. You get to choose your quality level, Yellow, Red or Blue.. lol

TimeBandit

Reaction score
Coupon addiction will be hard for HF to break. Like many of the posts above, no coupon, no purchase.

I like the walk in walk out convenience, Amazon usually costs about the same but I have to wait a day or three.

And I can walk back in and return something that does not work and get another... try that with Amazon.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
they got some membership deal going on. pay to join...

join the club and get discounts everyday.

"inside Track Club"

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
Since the Rona hit seems like they stopped all mailing of coupons and advertisements. I went into the store to see what was going on and there no longer sending mailers. Everything is electronic and they send things through email now. Seems like no more deals to be had there unless you opt for inside track.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
I have been getting my 20% off coupons out of the AAA westways magazine. Hope they didnt put a stop to that too..

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
they got some membership deal going on. pay to join...

join the club and get discounts everyday.

"inside Track Club"

They have had that for years. I had it a few years ago (I bought a generator and buying the membership dropped the price low enough to pay for itself). I didn't renew cause there was hardly ever anything that I wanted on the discounts.

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score

That $40 Icon ratchet is orders of magnitude better than anything Craftsman offered in the last 30 years.

While I’m no HF fanboi, I have to give them credit on the Icon sockets...whether they did it on purpose or by accident, they are the only non-tool-truck brand to offer a shallow broach socket.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I'll be honest, everything I've bought from harbor fright has lasted well beyond my expectations.

I still use an air impact I bought from them back in the mid-90s.

Their Pelican knock-off cases are legit, use them to transport/store my guns. Half the price of name brand equipment.

Just don't buy their jackstands.... :D

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I have a 3/4 Pneumatic impact that is probably 20+ years old. Takes a lot of air but works good.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

shunter2005

Reaction score
Download this app. Makes looking for the coupons 1000x easier and they are all in one place.

HF coupons (not 100% sure if it's available for Apple of not). View attachment 984397

Have you tried it recently? Interesting to see if it still works. They told me there are no discounts anymore. I used to get a coupon in my Boat US magazine, believe it or not, but the latest one doesn't have them anymore (unless I missed it).

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
I'll be honest, everything I've bought from harbor fright has lasted well beyond my expectations.

Their Pelican knock-off cases are legit, use them to transport/store my guns. Half the price of name brand equipment.

yep had a boat on a trailer hit the deck once due to their jack stands failing. Luckily it was parked on a side yard and the skeg went into dirt and not concrete.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Have you tried it recently? Interesting to see if it still works. They told me there are no discounts anymore. I used to get a coupon in my Boat US magazine, believe it or not, but the latest one doesn't have them anymore (unless I missed it).
I just opened it. Still has coupons in there but they all expire in 3 days. So..... the 25th may be the end?

shunter2005

Reaction score
I just opened it. Still has coupons in there but they all expire in 3 days. So..... the 25th may be the end?
I uploaded their app yesterday in the store and no bueno. Super Deals only. You gotta get busy buyin'!!!😉🤣

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I bought a concrete mixer from them a few years ago to use for one job. That damn $189 thing is still going strong. We abuse it regularly.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I bought a concrete mixer from them a few years ago to use for one job. That damn $189 thing is still going strong. We abuse it regularly.
Yep same deal with me. I figured it for a one time use because I was doing epoxy grout and ten years later after hundred of yards of grout this thing is still doing it's job. If the barrel were to fall off and go rolling down the street I wouldn't be upset, it owes me nothing.

77charger

Reaction score

Kind if same here. Like said I go for one time use tools. Bought a Brad nailer needed it one time. Well my father in law borrowed it too used it up then I needed again worked well. Not bad for 15 bucks. Now if everyday use obviously buy better.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I saw this coming for awhile.
If a Milwaukee is the same or near price on Amazon I’ll roll with that instead.
Still stuck in my Homeowner vs Pro equipment mindset.

But Amazon prices aren’t all that competitive anymore.

The larger the Walmart Supercenter in the smaller the town often has a major section that rivals and can even exceed HF.
Trailer bearings to brass bushings for grandmas ass.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I was wondering why there wasn't a coupon or freebie in the last flyer
Remember when they did away with jcpenney coupons?
That just about killed that store over night

JC Penny thought they’d copy the successful and emerging Apple Stores.
They even head hunted & hired away the Apple Exec that put that all together.

Backed the company over the spike strips and further into hell.

shunter2005

Reaction score
I saw this coming for awhile.
If a Milwaukee is the same or near price on Amazon I’ll roll with that instead.
Still stuck in my Homeowner vs Pro equipment mindset.

But Amazon prices aren’t all that competitive anymore.

The larger the Walmart Supercenter in the smaller the town often has a major section that rivals and can even exceed HF.
Trailer bearings to brass bushings for grandmas ass.
I find plenty of stuff cheaper priced than Amazon. I have been steady weaning myself from them, but sometimes it's the only place to get stuff. If I can find an item elsewhere and buy it with Paypal, then I go that route. Besides, Fuck Jeff Bezos!!!!!!