WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Current Situation - a picture thread

4Waters

Reaction score
Thanks,

It’s a Mini Cooper panel van. There are about 20 left in the US , they keep getting bought and shipped back to the UK.
I inherited it 10 years ago from the family of a cousin that passed away (Riverside City FD)
I keep it going in his memory but have little time to drive it as it’s a two seater and I always have 4 people to go anywhere.
You need a Schiada 10 footer to put behind that

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
Thanks,

It’s a Mini Cooper panel van. There are about 20 left in the US , they keep getting bought and shipped back to the UK.
I inherited it 10 years ago from the family of a cousin that passed away (Riverside City FD)
I keep it going in his memory but have little time to drive it as it’s a two seater and I always have 4 people to go anywhere.

So that is yours?? Absolutely badass!! I'm kind of jealous! If you are ever interested in selling my buddy may be a player!!

Thanks for sharing LR!

LowRiver2

Reaction score
So that is yours?? Absolutely badass!! I'm kind of jealous! If you are ever interested in selling my buddy may be a player!!

Thanks for sharing LR!
It crosses my mind often but I keep it out of respect to the family. Never wanted this for a classic car, but it is quite the conversation piece when I do take it out.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Right? Would be cool
DAC316FC-E484-4714-BDBC-9A0DAF17A4BA.jpeg

They actually used them as police cars 🤣

LowRiver2

Reaction score

Thanks for sharing LR!
2EA95500-A371-43C6-8461-07A721A90165.jpeg

It’s on a poster along with the zebra striped moke (mini cooper jeep) that my cousin also owned. His sister recently sold the moke to someone in Delaware. I regret not trading her the van as the moke had 4 seats and would be a cool beach cruiser.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
View attachment 984146
It’s on a poster along with the zebra striped moke (mini cooper jeep) that my cousin also owned. His sister recently sold the moke to someone in Delaware. I regret not trading her the van as the moke had 4 seats and would be a cool beach cruiser.

I have a buddy that is pretty big into the minis! Has a few and a couple actual "coopers".

Thay are cool as hell. But I have never seen the "wagon"! Kinda like a "mini" suburban!🤣

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I have a buddy that is pretty big into the minis! Has a few and a couple actual "coopers".

Thay are cool as hell. But I have never seen the "wagon"! Kinda like a "mini" suburban!🤣
They made a “traveler” model that had a back seat. It’s the red one in the poster. The owner of that one and the Red “pickup” model in the same poster used to own Harpoon Harry’s in Sunset Beach I’m told. He has since sold both cars.
My cousin’s Mom moved to Seal Rock OR. and didn’t want the van exposed to salt, hence how it came to me.
There is a strong following of mini’s in OR.

JUSTWANNARACE

Reaction score
They made a “traveler” model that had a back seat. It’s the red one in the poster. The owner of that one and the Red “pickup” model in the same poster used to own Harpoon Harry’s in Sunset Beach I’m told. He has since sold both cars.
My cousin’s Mom moved to Seal Rock OR. and didn’t want the van exposed to salt, hence how it came to me.
There is a strong following of mini’s in OR.

Cool info man! Thanks!

And yes there is a good following here! But we also like go karts so there is that🤣🤣

Cool info for sure! Thanks LR

HBCraig

Reaction score
View attachment 984146
That truck would be cool. Haul around a pit bike

Mrs. Riley1

Reaction score
Very cool, can you pull the ladder up after you ? Asking as I could picture a large cat easily joining us in the sack. :oops:
Now I’m going to have nightmares, thanks. Lol jk

it does not fold up. It kind of acts as support for that side of the tent.

Taboma

Reaction score
Now I’m going to have nightmares, thanks. Lol jk

it does not fold up. It kind of acts as support for that side of the tent.

We've got our "Escape Plan" ranch up in the AZ mountains. Seems every time we chat it up about tent camping up there, some ranch neighbor decides to post game cam pics of a big kitty. :rolleyes:😂 I thought that might provide support, but I had to ask. 😁

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Very nice DB. Just missing the Peloton treadmill. :oops: Prices are so crazy right now. Hoping to stock up on weights/machines in a few months when the gyms open up out here.
Haha! Thanks. My back reaaaally hates running, so not sure the tread is gonna happen. [emoji38]

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Go by and see Paul Reiss at the Acute Angling booth. He's the Brazilian Outfitter I fish with.
This place is maybe 40 percent of what it was the last time I was here. Kind of fun without big crowds.