WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Only in Ca

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Unbelievable!!!!

hallett21

Reaction score
There has to be more to the story? Did the realtor not get their paperwork filed accordingly? Cash or mortgage, the funds should have gone through escrow.

Or did they offer to lease the house back for a few months? I could see the previous owner claiming he’s a tenant that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
He's going to have to leave sometime...
Could change the locks and such when he does...
Or have some people "detain" him and "persuade" him.

hallett21

Reaction score
Also as I’m reading this there was only one real estate agent according to the article.

Sounds like this guy double ended the deal and screwed up somewhere.

Since he’s not a legal tenant all utilities should be in the new owners name. Just have the whole house shut off.

When he was tearing up the sprinklers someone should have ran in and locked him out.

badgas

Reaction score
This happened to a buddy of mine a few months ago. He bought a town home in Aliso Viejo and and when his contractor showed up to demo the place for remodel, the previous owner ( kept a key ) was in the house with her kid and her cat. They actually stayed for a few days sleeping on the floor in sleeping bags while work was going on. They could not get her out because of Covid BS. There were two agents involved so that part is irrelavent. Thankfully she ended up leaving after a few days.

Crazy times.

hallett21

Reaction score
This happened to a buddy of mine a few months ago. He bought a town home in Aliso Viejo and and when his contractor showed up to demo the place for remodel, the previous owner ( kept a key ) was in the house with her kid and her cat. They actually stayed for a few days sleeping on the floor in sleeping bags while work was going on. They could not get her out because of Covid BS. There were two agents involved so that part is irrelavent. Thankfully she ended up leaving after a few days.

Crazy times.

But there was nothing stopping your buddy or his contractor from entering correct?

Bob Bitchen

Reaction score
What are squatters rights in California? Learn more here!
squatters-rights-california
Sep 22, 2020 · If unauthorized individuals who don’t pay you any rent move into your property and you are unaware of the situation, you could find yourself in a tricky spot. Most rules and regulations surrounding squatter’s rights require landlords to treat squatters as if they were renters who failed to pay rent and serve them with an eviction notice.

ALMOST HAPPENED TO ME WHEN I BOUGHT A HOUSE IN CA.

hallett21

Reaction score
So on Feb1- 28th 2020 why was the sheriff not dragging this guy out?

dribble

Reaction score
There are currently 17 states with eviction moratoriums in place. I’m surprised this isn’t more widespread.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
During escrow they discovered there was a $30,000 tax lien on the house which slowed things down, but in the end, all parties signed on the dotted line and the sale was completed.

Heloooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! I'm going with the buyers are idiots. Stupid is as stupid does sir. :rolleyes:

hallett21

Reaction score
During escrow they discovered there was a $30,000 tax lien on the house which slowed things down, but in the end, all parties signed on the dotted line and the sale was completed.

Heloooooooooooooooooooooooo!!! I'm going with the buyers are idiots. Stupid is as stupid does sir. :rolleyes:

Not to mention they took possession sometime in beginning to mid February 2020. Before the eviction memorandum was in effect.

Day one of the guy not leaving I’d be on the phone with Sheriff, realtor, escrow and anyone else I could think of.

Edit: and I certainly wouldn’t leave him in the house. I’d be a new roommate to him at a minimum.

Edit 2. Who can get a hard money loan ready to roll and close escrow in under 2 weeks? Were they the only offer?

Did the seller scare off all legitimate offers? Pretty sure a good mortgage broker can get a standard loan/ escrow completed in 21 days if all ducks are in a row.

Last edited:

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
We're certainly a damn sight better off without you in it. [emoji106]

I spent the first half of my life there, unlike you and others, I have a limit for bullshit.

hallett21

Reaction score
I spent the first half of my life there, unlike you and others, I have a limit for bullshit.

What part of CA were you in? Where are you at now?

Taboma

Reaction score

Sorry you couldn't cut it, not everybody can, but wishing 39.5 million people dead is pretty fucked up, so thanks for having left. 👍

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I hope California breaks off and sinks into the pacific. What a hellhole.

Total hell hole...

20180915_160159.jpg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

I don't think they were stupid...not totally. I think they had the money, and were greedy. They saw the potential profit to be made, and threw down a bunch of money. They aren't homeless, and can afford the lawyer now...I think they let greed come into play, and now it's kicking their ass.
Wasn't it David Horowitz, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"?

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I don't think they were stupid...not totally. I think they had the money, and were greedy. They saw the potential profit to be made, and threw down a bunch of money. They aren't homeless, and can afford the lawyer now...I think they let greed come into play, and now it's kicking their ass.
Wasn't it David Horowitz, "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"?

I know my dad used to say it all the time...

And I say it to my kids as well.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
You can visit and not be under the rule of the psychos running that state too. It’s pretty nice this way.

I can also watch the sunset, from the beach, in less than 40min. It's pretty nice this way. 👍

HuntingtonBeach-CA.jpg

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I can also watch the sunset, from the beach, in less than 40min. It's pretty nice this way. 👍

HuntingtonBeach-CA.jpg
I like the pic, but for the past 10 or so years, I like the sunrise lighting up the river and the valley.

The beach is never empty or quiet anymore :(

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
I can also watch the sunset, from the beach, in less than 40min. It's pretty nice this way. [emoji106]

HuntingtonBeach-CA.jpg

Yes, been there, done that. Father lived in Malibu and grandmother is on the water in Oxnard. My wife’s family is directly on the water in Lake Tahoe, in mission Viejo, Dana point, San Clemente and Pismo. Great to visit, different to live there. Most or all of these people are looking at Tennessee and northern Idaho for retirement.

dnewps

Banned
Reaction score
Sorry you couldn't cut it, not everybody can, but wishing 39.5 million people dead is pretty fucked up, so thanks for having left. 👍
Really? Are you in a cult? I could do it...lived well there. Unfortunately, it’s a bad deal. If you are stuck with family, fine. The blue collar ballers live elsewhere. Just sayin.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Yes, been there, done that. Father lived in Malibu and grandmother is on the water in Oxnard. My wife’s family is directly on the water in Lake Tahoe, in mission Viejo, Dana point, San Clemente and Pismo. Great to visit, different to live there. Most or all of these people are looking at Tennessee and northern Idaho for retirement.

Good for them. 👍

I'd pick Tahoe if I had that option!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I like the pic, but for the past 10 or so years, I like the sunrise lighting up the river and the valley.

The beach is never empty or quiet anymore :(

California has 840 miles of coastline....

You just have to know where to go and when. ;)

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
;)
California has 840 miles of coastline....

You just have to know where to go and when. ;)
Nah, I'm good not seeing people, on the beaches, the road to the beaches...just peachy being able to see the horizons here;)
The beaches were nice, and the weather as well, but neither were enough to keep me there. To each their own, it's what makes the world go round!

Turnup

Reaction score
Im calling shenanigans on this one. I saw it on the news...the poor buyers, then there was something about an incredible deal they paid for it and flashed to one of the notices that had an LLC named on it. I call bs, put your big boy flipper pants on and take the ass reemimg like a man you got got..now get out of the game 😆

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
;)
Nah, I'm good not seeing people, on the beaches, the road to the beaches...just peachy being able to see the horizons here;)
The beaches were nice, and the weather as well, but neither were enough to keep me there. To each their own, it's what makes the world go round!

You know what I have in mind. 😉