WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Life...

shintoooo

I'm Blessed
Reaction score
Being in my line of work, I see this all the time with my clients, friends, and some family as well. Don't forget to live life.

164150080_3843168555759883_2668723118883764337_n.jpg

cofooter

Reaction score
Its really easy to get distracted and lose sight of what really matters.........

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
I agree, every time I remind myself I need to live a little I buy something. Last time it was a SXS, the time before that was a Travel Trailer, time before that was dirt bikes for the family, all within about 15 months. Maybe I need to not live so much! LOL

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I quit chasing paper at 36. I don't have a bunch of anything of monetary value. I have been able to see every event my kids had since then, and never sweat taking the day off for a kids doctors appointment, or for going to the river. Wife and I get along better, and we even spend more time together.
I won't die rich, but I'll die pretty happy. That's good enough for me!

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I quit chasing paper at 36. I don't have a bunch of anything of monetary value. I have been able to see every event my kids had since then, and never sweat taking the day off for a kids doctors appointment, or for going to the river. Wife and I get along better, and we even spend more time together.
I won't die rich, but I'll die pretty happy. That's good enough for me!
I still have 3 more years 😂

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Sometimes, people need a reminder. Something to help them along. Something to get them to start living life. Go for it.
I think my problem is I never want to go back when I was young living week to week , we are not rich just comfortable we want for nothing and that makes me feel good I work my ass off , need to change something, got a can am don’t even look at it unless I walk by it in the shop , let’s not talk about the guns or my tractor, I know I’m in a rut but I can’t get my ass out of it when I’m home I just look for things around the ranch that needs fixed or built , got to change something 🤔

Mcob25rg

Reaction score
2 things changed my life. The day I realized I was never going to run the company, and the day I quit worrying about the price / value of my house. The freedom has been fantastic. I don’t have more than my friends, but I sleep better than most. Probably had something to do with age also. I’m getting out as soon as I can. - definitely don’t want to die rich !

fmo24

Reaction score
This is why I retired at 59 , partner was 50. Sold all property and climbed in the moho and set out wandering. The best decision we have made. It is really mind boggling how much time and effort goes into chasing the dollar. We don’t think we can spend all our money which is a really nice feeling.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
If you love what you do, and it makes you happy, then work till you drop. I mess around with mechanical stuff. I make some money, but nothing much. I do love it though. It's still working with my hands, and like construction, by the time I get sick of a project, it's on to the next.

Some of you here have investments, savings or retirements that could support you if you walked away. Some of you are watching the scales ever so slowly tip. The time will come when the risk is no longer worth the reward. At a desk or a jobsite, eventually you will see a time to go. Find yourself something to do that you'll be happy doing. The time, the things you choose to do, will be different for every person.

You can worry all you want about the future. No guarantee you'll see it though.

530RL

Reaction score
Would you want to know ? Don’t think I would .

And that’s the rub.

Shintooo is right that we have to live but we don’t want to be broke too early.

It’s a tough balancing act that I think everyone tries to juggle as best as they can. Figuring it out is what is so truly tough and causes constant second guessing at least on my part.

Maybe Shintooo’s point is you gotta live and money, material possessions and whether you stay in the baller suite or the parking lot view room has nothing to do with actually living? 🤷🤷🤷

DWC

Reaction score
This is why I retired at 59 , partner was 50. Sold all property and climbed in the moho and set out wandering. The best decision we have made. It is really mind boggling how much time and effort goes into chasing the dollar. We don’t think we can spend all our money which is a really nice feeling.
If you need some help spending
72F55A18-11B4-44CF-921A-323CE2584BDB.jpeg

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Why not?
If you know you might be able to not? 🤷‍♂️
What if not stopping day/life time is up , kinda like an odometer on a truck that’s it ? Lease is up . Never though my leased Colorado would hit 72k ( had 30k in lease ) o well I’ll just buy it and sell it ? or ?

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I think my problem is I never want to go back when I was young living week to week , we are not rich just comfortable we want for nothing and that makes me feel good I work my ass off , need to change something, got a can am don’t even look at it unless I walk by it in the shop , let’s not talk about the guns or my tractor, I know I’m in a rut but I can’t get my ass out of it when I’m home I just look for things around the ranch that needs fixed or built , got to change something 🤔

Its like writing a book....just start scribbling shit down and you will figure it out

HBCraig

Reaction score
Being in my line or work, I see this all the time with my clients, friends, and some family as well. Don't forget to live life.

View attachment 984960
My Dad worked his ass off and is sitting on a few million. He is dead set on leaving my brother and I plenty along with the grandkids. Those of you that have met him wouldn't ever know it. Just recently sold his 2000 Ultra 21 Stealth. He could have a few Skaters, MTIs, etc lined up in the channel but he won't.

I tell him all the time to go spend his money. We actually argue about it. He is as old school as you get.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Its like writing a book....just start scribbling shit down and you will figure it out
We do , I just Never want to be waiting to do something / buy something because of $ , Ever ! That’s a worry we don’t need and makes wifey and I smile 🤔😎👍 but then again kickn my ass 😩😎

gqchris

Reaction score
My Dad worked his ass off and is sitting on a few million. He is dead set on leaving my brother and I plenty along with the grandkids. Those of you that have met him wouldn't ever know it. Just recently sold his 2000 Ultra 21 Stealth. He could have a few Skaters, MTIs, etc lined up in the channel but he won't.

I tell him all the time to go spend his money. We actually argue about it. He is as old school as you get.

I have a friend that her Dad is exact opposite. Guy is so fucking cheap. Thinks he knows everything. Wont even setup a trust or will for his kids. Has millions stashed everywhere except nobody knows where and lives like he works at Mcdonalds. He states that when he dies he is giving his estate to the local animal shelter. Is the weirdest shit I ever seen in my life. And the kids are all good peeps. The wife has no say. For christ sakes he has grandkids even! Macho latino shit.

The guy buys a brand new RV 10 years ago and doesnt let anyone shit, shower or piss in it. He doesnt want it “ruined! “ Well 3 years ago he turns the water on and everything bursts from cracking and seals gone bad. Serves him right. I laughed my ass off . This jackoff covers his 1998 Mercedes if he comes over to visit his kids in their driveway for 30 mins. Its insane how miserable this guy is.

just_floatin

Reaction score
Studied hard, played hard, traveled a ton and partied a bunch from our early 20s to around 50. After 30 years, the hot boat glamis party lifestyle got a little tough on the old bodies. So nowadays our hobbies are less partying and more physical type activities.

Not chasing the dollar by any means anymore. More so making the most of our basket of acquired skills and enjoying end result accomplishments that happen to make a few bucks. Especially now that we do not watch sports on Sundays. Picked up another day to knock shit out.

We do still make time each month to be on the water in Havasu or travel up North in the summer to escape the heat balancing work and relaxation. While life is a little slower for my wife and me, we are content having survived “the been there done that years.” That was an accomplishment within itself.

1tonfun

Reaction score

That describes my dad to a T. I tell him all the time to spend it and enjoy it, he worked hard for it. He is more concerned about making sure my brothers and sisters have something when he's gone since they are all worthless POS that are always looking for a hand out. Sad part is after he goes my brothers and sisters will blow through the money and be worse off since none of them have any financial sense.

My dad came by the other day to visit and we got to talking about work life balance. He told me to quit working so much and start enjoying life now, don't wait until retirement. All the things that he desired to do when he retired, he's finding harder and harder to do because of his age. He could have retired in his 50's but chose to work until 72. I will always value his wisdom and opinion and bounce my crazy ideas off him all the time. I noticed over the last few years that his perspective on money and enjoying life has changed significantly. His outlook on boats went from owning one when we were kids to being a hole in the water you pour money into. I told him the other day my wife and I are looking for a boat again and his answer this time was what are you waiting for, do it NOW while you are young enough to really enjoy it.