WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

WHOA! WTF happened to Vegas?!

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Yeah it's funny that in my lifetime it has always been "Sin City". It is cool to read all the different versions of what ruffles our feathers. One hates pot smoke, others hate rap music, some hate loud partying.

When my kids were little I was not a fan walking them thru a group of adults taking shots, smoking anything , foul launguage and just basically being what "I" felt was not cool around a young family. I have have to avoid that in all the places I love. The Beach, The River, Glamis etc.

It sounds like the options to avoid that in Vegas are getting slim and that is sad becasue at one time my kids loved it and we could have a great time never seeing all the garbage.

I'm not saying I am above anything or anyone I'm just not rolling my 11 year old daughter thru a buch of drunk, stoned , loud idiots reagardless of thier race or where they live.

I'm not a fan of avoiding reality for children. I do my best to limit exposure but i use times like that as a way of teaching my 12 year old right from wrong. Don't get me wrong I'm not taking him on the strip at midnight or a Tijuana donkey show but everything you are talking about is what this country currently is. Show them the drug addict sleeping on the ground or the thugs smoking weed and causing problems. Hopefully it stands out as something they don't want to be with all of our coaching. :cool: :)

Done-it-again

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of avoiding reality for children. I do my best to limit exposure but i use times like that as a way of teaching my 12 year old right from wrong. Don't get me wrong I'm not taking him on the strip at midnight or a Tijuana donkey show but everything you are talking about is what this country currently is. Show them the drug addict sleeping on the ground or the thugs smoking weed and causing problems. Hopefully it stands out as something they don't want to be with all of our coaching. :cool: :)

that's what we did a few weekends ago when we were in Vegas with our 8yr old twin girls. Little bit of a culture shock to them and said as long as you do well in school and keep your nose clean, you will be ok. If not, you will end up like these people.....

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
We had a version of that in school when I was 14 in 1978 when they showed us Scared Straight about Rahway prison in New Jersey....showed us all the foolios and what would happen to us if acted stupid 😀

MooreMoney

Reaction score
I fly in to Vegas to get to havasu. The people on the flights heading to Vegas now don’t act or look like they did before covid. Different crowd of people are going to Vegas to get a “deal” of a vacation.

500bbc

Reaction score
We had a version of that in school when I was 14 in 1978 when they showed us Scared Straight about Rahway prison in New Jersey....showed us all the foolios and what would happen to us if acted stupid 😀
Yeah, you used to have to go to a prison to witness what you see on the streets now...

Sherpa

Reaction score
Vegas needs to get back to normal Vegas prices. I don't want to pay it but I will to keep it a little more clean with less trash (people and actual trash).

I heard a story from people that were checking in at the Wynn last summer and a couple checking in had all of their travel items... in trash bags.

As I get older, I'm starting to realize why it is attractive to spend a little more money on houses, trips, etc. than you probably should. Because as you go down in income brackets, people on average spend more and more recklessly. For example, trashiest people I've ever been around at an event... first 10 rows at a Chargers game. I thought I spent a lot on tickets for my income... boy was I wrong.

People will spend a weeks check on something, while you'll only spend a days check (or less). It's tough to outspend riff raff that have zero financial responsibility.

quoting this since it makes A lot of sense;

“”It’s tough to outspend riff raff that have zero financial responsibility””.....

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
The state of NV would be much better off if we just let CA annex Clark County (They can have Sisolini too).

Clark county was part of Mohave county, Az. back around the Civil War era.
Nevada got what is now Clark county for the water rights on the Colorado River.
Nevada was a Union state.
Arizona was originally confederate state.
Federal gov't denied statehood for Az until 1912. Over 50 years.
Nevada got statehood in 1864.
Mohave county was established in 1864 also, even before Arizona was a state. This is your federal gov't.

Dan'l

Dan'l

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
I love the rides on the top of the Stratosphere!! The one that shoots you out over the edge then drops so your basically looking at the ground is the best!!

SoCalDave

Reaction score
This brings up an odd thought... I wonder if there was a migration of Oakland residents to Vegas due to the raiders moving to vegas...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Felons are not allowed...let me rephrase this. Felons are not supposed to leave their state.

Reactions: DWC

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

Well!!, What Happened?

:)

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
How’s the Trump International in Vegas, off the strip and no gaming. Less likely to have SoCal thugs hanging around the hotel?

badgas

Reaction score

Yeah I here ya and my kids were in no way sheltered. We live in OC kids grew up going to the beach and we go up to LA for Dodger games so they have seen their share of homeless drug addicts :rolleyes:

Remember I said "11 year old daughter " and I never stopped going to the to places we love I just choose to walk around the stuff I don't like. I certainly don't want to pay for a vacation in Vegas deal with a bunch a bunch of filth.

Coaching ? Ah yes they got to hear about 99% of my mistakes. I had a great " what not to do " manual.

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Well the golf in Primm was good this weekend. Fortunately the wind wasn't too bad. The Desert course's fairways were pretty thin but the greens were okay. The Lakes course had great fairways but the greens sucked. Desert on Saturday took us four hours to play and the Lakes on Sunday took us five and a half. Traffic wasn't too bad coming home, leaving Primm around 3:00 until I hit the 395. Then it sucked.

Spent Saturday night in Vegas and it's definitely changed up a bit. I've never smoked week so I'm not a fan of dodging it all over the strip. Not a place I would take the wife for a weekend getaway anymore. Three people to a blackjack table is also different but that's fine with me because it made me a winner.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Well the golf in Primm was good this weekend. Fortunately the wind wasn't too bad. The Desert course's fairways were pretty thin but the greens were okay. The Lakes course had great fairways but the greens sucked. Desert on Saturday took us four hours to play and the Lakes on Sunday took us five and a half. Traffic wasn't too bad coming home, leaving Primm around 3:00 until I hit the 395. Then it sucked.

Spent Saturday night in Vegas and it's definitely changed up a bit. I've never smoked week so I'm not a fan of dodging it all over the strip. Not a place I would take the wife for a weekend getaway anymore. Three people to a blackjack table is also different but that's fine with me because it made me a winner.
Where did you stay and what did they hit you for with rates and fees?

ChumpChange

Commercial Banker
Reaction score
Where did you stay and what did they hit you for with rates and fees?

I just stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn south of the strip. All in at $94 and they were sold out. We were having dinner at the Farmtable Kitchen in Town Square as well as had a early Tee Time (10:30) so south is where I wanted to be. Wasn't bad for it's purpose although getting a cab down there was impossible so had some friends just pick me up.

Reactions: TPC

HitIt

Reaction score
Was just thinking... I would avoid Vegas for the next few weeks - month. Once the stimmys start hitting bank accounts, it is going to explode and everyone will be a $1.4k baller.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Read that most of the resorts have raised prices back up. They blamed it on March Madness.

AHQVegas

Reaction score
Living in Vegas for well over 10 years it has changed alot and has taken a downward since covid . As mentioned a complete different crowd and not the one you want to even be in the vicinity with! No manner, self righteous, think everything is owed to them and you re on their time crowd.

We used to go down to the strip just to people watch, enjoy some outdoor dinning but now if we have to get near it you are keeping your head on a swivel more then before. The attitudes, the vibe and just the complete experience is trash . $29 dollar a night hotel rooms rates don't help the situation, and will never attract the best tourist.

Its a shame and local people are starting to fight back, but will take a min for it to make a turn for the better

DWC

Reaction score
We were heading to Havasu in Thursday but Vegas looks like it’s the spot. Thank you sleepy Joe.

F055B904-B18D-4D15-8D75-248C633F489E.jpeg

gqchris

Reaction score
Dont forget the stimmy gives you $1400 per KID also.! Some of these hoodrats have 5-6 kids. They have never held 6-7-8 k at one time in their hand! Shit is going to get ugly there before it gets better!

78Southwind

Reaction score
Dont forget the stimmy gives you $1400 per KID also.! Some of these hoodrats have 5-6 kids. They have never held 6-7-8 k at one time in their hand! Shit is going to get ugly there before it gets better!

This shit makes me laugh. I have been telling my friends that have kids and that are getting the stimmy to make sure to give the kids their stimmy or put it away for their kids college fund. They quickly change the subject...lol

Last edited: