Tesla urges court to reinstate hike in emissions penalties

v6toy4x

Reaction score

Huge shocker. šŸ™„

Tesla urges court to reinstate hike in emissions penalties

Ouch, tough one.
I have my share of polluters but also heavily invested in TESLA,
I gotta go with the money, you are going to have to park those polluters :D :D
No more hellcats/ZL1s/Shelbys, that does hurt.

hallett21

Reaction score
Not that I agree with it but why wouldnā€™t an electric car company advocate for that? Isnā€™t this business 101? Take out the competition if you can.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWC

Xring01

Reaction score
In any new Technology, it takes time for new products to get fully developed, trouble shoot, mass produce enough to get costs down, and develop the infrastructure for that technology to become cost effective for the consumer.

EV Cars are the future. They will eventually overtake Internal Combustion Cars for the most part.
Why, because the Total Ownership Cost, to the consumer will be lower over the life of the vehicle.

Capitalism at its best....

Disclaimer...
I own a Tesla, just sold a GMC 2500 Diesel 4x4 that used to tow a 10,000lb boat with twin Yammy 250s, own GMC 1500, own 65 Mustang, 4 Dirtbikes, 1 Harley, and 1 Ducati... So I have my share of gas vehicles to.

But the key reason why I own a Tesla. It was a business decision. It was alot cheaper than driving a Tahoe or 4 Runner that I used to have... Used to have a gas bills of $500-$700/mth, used to have Fast Track bills of $250-$350/month... take a look at that math over 12 Months...

No I didnt buy my Tesla new... I bought it used at a smoking deal... Could sell it for what I paid for it now.... But that doesnt mean that Tesla is the right car for everyone.... It works for me...

When, EV cars get to that $35K area, with 300 mile range.... You will see a huge shift in the ratio of EV/ICE vehicles on the road. Thats probably about 5 years out, is my best guess. TSLA/GM/F/NIO/XPEV/LI/VW are all working there ass off to get there. The first one who does, which probably have a huge market share.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Not that I agree with it but why wouldnā€™t an electric car company advocate for that? Isnā€™t this business 101? Take out the competition if you can.

I'm a live and let live kinna guy...

There are more than enough customers for pretty much any business out there.

Your best asset Should be a quality product and outstanding service.

NOT your ability to demolish other people's livelihoods.

It's all good, till someone comes after you and yours...

Last edited:

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
In any new Technology, it takes time for new products to get fully developed, trouble shoot, mass produce enough to get costs down, and develop the infrastructure for that technology to become cost effective for the consumer.

EV Cars are the future. They will eventually overtake Internal Combustion Cars for the most part.
Why, because the Total Ownership Cost, to the consumer will be lower over the life of the vehicle.

Capitalism at its best....

Disclaimer...
I own a Tesla, just sold a GMC 2500 Diesel 4x4 that used to tow a 10,000lb boat with twin Yammy 250s, own GMC 1500, own 65 Mustang, 4 Dirtbikes, 1 Harley, and 1 Ducati... So I have my share of gas vehicles to.

But the key reason why I own a Tesla. It was a business decision. It was alot cheaper than driving a Tahoe or 4 Runner that I used to have... Used to have a gas bills of $500-$700/mth, used to have Fast Track bills of $250-$350/month... take a look at that math over 12 Months...

No I didnt buy my Tesla new... I bought it used at a smoking deal... Could sell it for what I paid for it now.... But that doesnt mean that Tesla is the right car for everyone.... It works for me...

When, EV cars get to that $35K area, with 300 mile range.... You will see a huge shift in the ratio of EV/ICE vehicles on the road. Thats probably about 5 years out, is my best guess. TSLA/GM/F/NIO/XPEV/LI/VW are all working there ass off to get there. The first one who does, which probably have a huge market share.
Then quit picking winners with tax incentives. Let the market figure it out.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
Keep in mind Caliā€™s ban on the sale of new gasoline powered cars in 2035 also comes with the goal of eliminating gasoline stations.

Without gas stations in Ca we cannot fuel our boats.

That is their goal and vision.

Some cities up north in CA are already denying permits for the construction of new gas stations

Xring01

Reaction score
Then quit picking winners with tax incentives. Let the market figure it out.

Quick Question...
Doesn't the Oil Industry still get Tax Incentives????
How many years have they gotten Tax Incentives????

I cant debate why Gov does what it does... Because thats not worth my time... EV Industry is not alone on Gov Incentives or subsidies.... the entire Renewable Power Generation would fail imediatly with out them... I can keep going... But Oil gets there fair share of Gov money also.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take mešŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Reaction score
I'm all about EV technology and the performance that Tesla has brought to the forefront. BUT.. WTF is going to happen when EVERYONE has a plug in car? I thing the electric grid needs to be addressed before anything. And at that point the "vehicle tax" on electricity will skyrocket, making and EV no cheaper to operate than a gas vehicle. Not to mention the mining destruction of the earth for the minerals to make the batteries!

Have they figured out how to recycle the batteries yet? Or they still getting tossed in the landfills?

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Some outweigh the others!

images.jpeg-47.jpg

And yes I understand alot of these are copper mines that are being shown in memes and such but, how much copper also goes into building an EV?

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
What incentives does the oil industry get beyond the same tax breaks available to any corporation?

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Quick Question...
Doesn't the Oil Industry still get Tax Incentives????
How many years have they gotten Tax Incentives????

I cant debate why Gov does what it does... Because thats not worth my time... EV Industry is not alone on Gov Incentives or subsidies.... the entire Renewable Power Generation would fail imediatly with out them... I can keep going... But Oil gets there fair share of Gov money also.
Honestly I don't know. But I do know that any profit Elon makes is from the tax incentives. Oil industry not so much.

I probably would not have any problem with doing away with all the tax incentives

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

Their product can't compete on price, EV's are considerably more expensive that ICE powered vehicles.

So they're best bet is to raise the price of the competition. That certainly is a business practice but not your classic model of free market capitalism...

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Honestly I don't know. But I do know that any profit Elon makes is from the tax incentives. Oil industry not so much.

I probably would not have any problem with doing away with all the tax incentives

Yep..and he has a team of lawyers to exploit the shit out of them. Back in the days of solar city in HI he really shit all over the state tax incentives and the market before they pulled out...and when they did that they shit on their sales staff. Fuck Elon with a rusty metal dildo.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Before: The grass is greener over there.(neighbors hot wife)
After: Why has the cost if water increased 10 fold?(divorce, marry hot neighbor)
After after: Dead grass.(new hot wife fucking her new neighbor)

Drew

Banned
Reaction score
I have a hard time even talking about these stupid electric cars. Especially to dumb tree huggers. Those power plants keep chugging away with very little control and are way less efficient than a regular combustion engine that needs to meet or exceed at inspections. Dumb asses think they are saving the world.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
3 sides to this story....take the names out and look at what happened.

You as an owner of a company and an independent investor make the decision to invest based on legislation that gets passed.

The next guy in decides to roll back that very legislation that you based your investment on.

Who is the asshole?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score

eliminating section 179 probably puts GM and ford into bankruptcy.

hallett21

Reaction score
Their product can't compete on price, EV's are considerably more expensive that ICE powered vehicles.

So they're best bet is to raise the price of the competition. That certainly is a business practice but not your classic model of free market capitalism...

Agreed. But doesnā€™t every industry lobby Congress/government in one way or another to get an advantage?

Iā€™m not happy about this. But Iā€™m far from shocked.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
3 sides to this story....take the names out and look at what happened.

You as an owner of a company and an independent investor make the decision to invest based on legislation that gets passed.

The next guy in decides to roll back that very legislation that you based your investment on.

Who is the asshole?

Musk makes no money on his cars. This whole deal is a back door sham to Elonā€™s real profitability verticle.

He makes his money selling his Carbon Credits back to the very people he competes against. Tesla is just a shell company for the real ā€œindustryā€ heā€™s poured his heart and bet his wallet on.

Teslaā€™s stock isnā€™t indicative of the profitability of his car business. Itā€™s the Carbon Credits the Tesla manufacturing generates that is driving the price.

I donā€™t blame him. Itā€™s legal but, ethically I suppose you could smirk a bit.

v6toy4x

Reaction score
Fuck Tesla and those gay-ass cars . . . people are so stupid.

Not saying I dis agree but you and I both will be in a very small minority easily within our life times, unless you are quite a bit older than me!
I remember black and white TV and no remote, phones with cords hooked to the wall, clutches in cars along with carburetors, and computer monitors that took up 75% of the desk, I remember the birth of the internet for christ-sakes let alone the cell phones. Techniology moves at a very rapid pace and in big chunks if you ask me. I would bet in 10 years time we will witness monumental changes in the way we commute, either elec or hydrogen will lead the way. I want in on the ground floor so which one is it going to be?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Anybody with mineral rights can take that deduction. Not exclusive to oil.

Interesting didnt know that.

The big subsidy oil and gas get is the no charge protection from the US 5th fleet through the straights of Hormuz and Persian gulf to help protect the petrodollar standard.

That's cost the US taxpayer trillions, while the oil gas companies enjoyed the profits without the associated bill.

Im not ant oil and gas - I have more gasoline burning vehicles than just about anyone here, but a subsidy is a subsidy.

Last edited:

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I'm all about EV technology and the performance that Tesla has brought to the forefront. BUT.. WTF is going to happen when EVERYONE has a plug in car? I thing the electric grid needs to be addressed before anything. And at that point the "vehicle tax" on electricity will skyrocket, making and EV no cheaper to operate than a gas vehicle. Not to mention the mining destruction of the earth for the minerals to make the batteries!

Have they figured out how to recycle the batteries yet? Or they still getting tossed in the landfills?

For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Some outweigh the others!

View attachment 985204

And yes I understand alot of these are copper mines that are being shown in memes and such but, how much copper also goes into building an EV?

Cobalt has been increasingly engineered out of lithium batteries with a switch to nickel,

but the platinum for catalytic converters that comes from the same mines has not.

same meme change different substance.

bonesfab

Reaction score
There is a whole bunch wrong with all of this. This whole deal is a disaster in the making for the end consumer. 1st if it wasn't for government kickbacks and Tesla selling clean air credits they would not be here. 2nd. The state is going to loose a fuck ton of money in gas tax. Where do you think they will make that up from?? Electric bills will be going through the roof. 3rd The grid can in no way shape or form handle it. There isn't enough grid now let alone for 100k more electric cars to plug in. Power companies need to up grade, That means spend money, where are they going to get it?? From we the consumers. 4th is the enviromental disaster the batteries from these buckets of shit are going to cause. Absolute scam on the people just like china virus.

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Don't know if it holds true on the tesla, but my dodge diesel compared to a prius. The manufacture of a prius produces more bad emissions than the manufacture of my truck plus what it will produce during its entire life span.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take mešŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Reaction score
Cobalt has been increasingly engineered out of lithium batteries with a switch to nickel,

but the platinum for catalytic converters that comes from the same mines has not.

same meme change different substance.

Right!! Which nickle still has to be mined!

And being a contractor that see's cordless tool batteries being thrown in the trash left and right because you cant recycle them seems to be counter intuitive to what the EV pushers are not understanding!

My point being EV, at this point in technology, is not "environmentally friendly"! People think this is the "save the world" approach and it is far from that in reality!!

I am no expert by far, nor do I tend to know alot about it. I just know what I see I guess! And "common sence, isnt so common"!

Not to mention most that push for the EV are the ones that hold stock. They could give 2 shits about the "environmental impact" as long as their portfolio is growing.

Just my $.02

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
There is a whole bunch wrong with all of this. This whole deal is a disaster in the making for the end consumer. 1st if it wasn't for government kickbacks and Tesla selling clean air credits they would not be here. 2nd. The state is going to loose a fuck ton of money in gas tax. Where do you think they will make that up from?? Electric bills will be going through the roof. 3rd The grid can in no way shape or form handle it. There isn't enough grid now let alone for 100k more electric cars to plug in. Power companies need to up grade, That means spend money, where are they going to get it?? From we the consumers. 4th is the enviromental disaster the batteries from these buckets of shit are going to cause. Absolute scam on the people just like china virus.

Short memory...

If it weren't for the US government there would be no Auto manufacturing period- remember the bailouts?

We can make more power pretty easily with domestic sources- we have more natural gas than just about anyone else on earth.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Right!! Which nickle still has to be mined!

And being a contractor that see's cordless tool batteries being thrown in the trash left and right because you cant recycle them seems to be counter intuitive to what the EV pushers are not understanding!

My point being EV, at this point in technology, is not "environmentally friendly"! People think this is the "save the world" approach and it is far from that in reality!!

I am no expert by far, nor do I tend to know alot about it. I just know what I see I guess! And "common sence, isnt so common"!

Not to mention most that push for the EV are the ones that hold stock. They could give 2 shits about the "environmental impact" as long as their portfolio is growing.

Just my $.02

One mine uses child labor in Africa - the other is domestic and does not.

The maths been done on the long term costs of the ICE and BEV cycles cradle to grave and the BEV is far less polluting overall.

Engineering Explained does a pretty good job highlighting cradle to grave costs of both

For me I could care less about that - to me its about control and flexibility of fueling and vehicle performance - For an Auto the BEV is the superior performer. For a truck its along way from being usable for me.

bonesfab

Reaction score
Short memory...

If it weren't for the US government there would be no Auto manufacturing period- remember the bailouts?

We can make more power pretty easily with domestic sources- we have more natural gas than just about anyone else on earth.

If it weren't for the government, We would all be much better off. Name one thing the government hasn't fucked up they touched???

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I am not a fan of electric at all. Has anyone seen what these batteries do when the cars get into wrecks ?
I have
Yes it has to be a bad crash but itā€™s enough to keep me from buying one.

Canā€™t help but think every electric car bought is one car closer to eliminating gas powered boats, sxsā€™s and quads

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
If it weren't for the government, We would all be much better off. Name one thing the government hasn't fucked up they touched???

Hard to remember where they got it right......

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Talk to any transmission shop owner about hybrid transmissions. The CVTā€™s they put in are basically throw away transmissions. Need a rebuild? Buy one from an accident. So the battery and junk CVT are now trash and a low percent of both can be recycled.

ā€œGreenā€ on the new side does not equate to ā€œgreenā€ at the end of the use cycle for hybrids.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Talk to any transmission shop owner about hybrid transmissions. The CVTā€™s they put in are basically throw away transmissions. Need a rebuild? Buy one from an accident. So the battery and junk CVT are now trash and a low percent of both can be recycled.

ā€œGreenā€ on the new side does not equate to ā€œgreenā€ at the end of the use cycle for hybrids.

Teslas have no transmission.