WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Getting on with and LIVING LIFE

MOUZER

Reaction score
omg..im 61 also and we just talked about this......im losing friends and people i know and family.......its getting real now..........im worring about getting sick or dying..

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
omg..im 61 also and we just talked about this......im losing friends and people i know and family.......its getting real now..........im worring about getting sick or dying..

Just get on with living and appreciating peeps around you and in your life. I am not worried about dying as it brings nothing to the table. Just do the things you have to in preparation (I need to do some work there myself) so you leave your family in as good a position as possible.

Do the military march of life and keep moving forward....always forward.

buck35

Reaction score
Life is what it is. No guarantees, lost a few classmates to health issues, some to accidents.
I will die when I do, and really never expected to see my sixties when I was younger , although they got here much quicker than I thought.LOL
Enjoy each day ,it could be you're last!

spectras only

Reaction score
At 74, I'm hoping to keep up with my 31 yr old son at the track.
Formula FC F2000.jpg

spectras only

Reaction score
I'm leading my son here in the E-type a friend has. Once I turn at Corner 1, the Jag walks all over the Miata in the 1/2 mile stretch between turn 1 and turn 2.lol. This picture was taken last year when the Miata was n/a. ;)
64 Jaguar racecar.jpg

bilz

Newly Retired!😁
Reaction score
Having retired Jan 2, ,age 56, wife and I are doing our typical winter activities with a few more thrown in. We still have parents to care for. Since Jan. Glamis 5 nights, Pismo 4 nights, Herky Creek 4 nights and i did Glamis 3 nghts on a guys trip. All you young dudes, as said before, save some dough for retirement, but don't stop having fun now!

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
I know for a fact we've been working too hard for the past few years and plan to spend the next couple working a lot less and fishing, hiking, and biking a lot more.

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
Got a few years on most of you , have been fortunate to spend 46 years with an awesome woman /friend/partner, semi retired I still work everyday, with no intentions of quitting , blessed with great kids and grand kids , every day is a gift ;)

buck35

Reaction score
And just like that a good friend and one of our neighbors passed away at 50.a couple days ago. :( no one saw it coming.

MOUZER

Reaction score
i quess i have to take back the dying part i agree i go when i go.....im right with the lord great wife of 34 yrs and great kids and 1 new grand baby,,,,,,,i quess i never thought about it till now its the realazation im closer to end then the beginning LOL........im already closer to heaven in my back yard.....
DSCN2305.JPG

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...At 75 and pretty physically used up...I’m afraid to go through my phone contacts and do the math ...My guess is 10 to 20% of my friends are gone...but out of true respect for them and their friendship... not gonna remove their names from my phone...
...And thanks for the post ...I could swear about 10 to 15 years ago I saw the word Dilligaf on the info sign in front of a church in Sunland Ca...Dunno???... been wrong before???...

Last edited: