WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Life is like a box of fukn chocolates

DWC

Reaction score
2020 was just a flat out roller coaster. Bought our place in Havasu, Covid kicked into full gear, market tanked, spent a shitload of time on the water, oldest moved to St Louis, spent a ton of time riding bikes/dirt cars, youngest moved out, market came back
Figured 2021 would be a cake walk but it turns out not so much. After a 12 year hiatus my wife’s breast cancer decided to make a return appearance. The good news is that they caught it early during her regular check-ups. Every MRI, scan and ultrasound outside the breast has been negative. Looking forward to getting today’s surgery over and getting back to a little more normal.
Don’t take a moment with your wife/kids for granted. Never know when you’re gonna bite into the chocolate with the shitty Cherry filling.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
2020 was just a flat out roller coaster. Bought our place in Havasu, Covid kicked into full gear, market tanked, spent a shitload of time on the water, oldest moved to St Louis, spent a ton of time riding bikes/dirt cars, youngest moved out, market came back
Figured 2021 would be a cake walk but it turns out not so much. After a 12 year hiatus my wife’s breast cancer decided to make a return appearance. The good news is that they caught it early during her regular check-ups. Every MRI, scan and ultrasound outside the breast has been negative. Looking forward to getting today’s surgery over and getting back to a little more normal.
Don’t take a moment with your wife/kids for granted. Never know when you’re gonna bite into the chocolate with the shitty Cherry filling.
Best of luck to you guys. hope all goes well.

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
So sorry to hear about your wife. I'm glad they caught it early and will be hoping for a successful procedure and an easy recovery.

Sent from my Note 10+ using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shunter2005

Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. Stay strong for her. Going to be a long road, but you two can handle it together.

Tank

Reaction score
We've had a couple friends (and my mom) that are breast cancer survivors that had it come back a second time as well. Breast cancer isn't the death sentence it used to be. The technology and procedures have grown leaps and bounds. As you said, get the surgery over, get to healing and get to living!! It'll be all good. 👍 👍

FishSniper

Reaction score
Sorry to hear but good they caught it early. Hoping for a successful procedure and quick recovery.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score

So sorry to to hear the news. I totally know the feeling. Please let us know if you two need anything......ANYTHING!!!!!

attitude

Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers to you guys. If she was strong enough to beat it once she can beat it twice!

DLC

Reaction score
FUCK CANCER!

I was up at 5:15 thinking of you 2, this will be a slam dunk!
let’s move on to recovery time and some nice sunsets!

we have to go for a boat ride...

WYRD

Reaction score
More like the coconut crap🤮

Here's to 2021 turning around for you and your family🍻🤞

Reactions: DWC

bocco

Reaction score
We are going through this also. My wife had the lumpectomy 3 weeks ago. The word is, no Chemo but 3 weeks of radiation plus hormone blocker pills for 5 years.
Hopefully a year or so from now we are both celebrating one year cancer free.

RVRKID

Reaction score
Glad they caught it early, will be thinking of you and your family!

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
We are going through this also. My wife had the lumpectomy 3 weeks ago. The word is, no Chemo but 3 weeks of radiation plus hormone blocker pills for 5 years.

Beast to you and your wife as well!!!!

FreeBird236

Reaction score
Prayers to your wives and your families. F**K cancer.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Best to your wife and family!! Mine's been cancer free for 16 years and she kicked it's ugly ass Twice, 2 years apart from each other. They know a whole lot more about it now, she'll be fine doing what she does in no time. 👍 👍

HBCraig

Reaction score
All the best wishes to you and your wife

DWC

Reaction score
FUCK CANCER!

I was up at 5:15 thinking of you 2, this will be a slam dunk!
let’s move on to recovery time and some nice sunsets!

we have to go for a boat ride...
Always in for a boat, dirt car or bike ride. Thanks Doug.

DWC

Reaction score
Congrats to both of you. Sounds like you’re through the toughest part. Those hormone blockers were a bit of a ride though. Threw my wife into early menopause. Holy hell. At least i had the kids around to spread the love.

DWC

Reaction score
So sorry to to hear the news. I totally know the feeling. Please let us know if you two need anything......ANYTHING!!!!!
Thanks sir. Will do. We need to get together the next time you’re out.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
We are pulling for Steph and your family Don!

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Thanks sir. Will do. We need to get together the next time you’re out.

Just let us know. We are in town until the 30th of April

riverroyal

Reaction score
whoa.....not sure what to say! Obviously if you need anything let us know, here or havasu. Surgery is/was today?.

Wayn-o

Reaction score
Sorry to hear it came back - glad it was found early and goes well for you all.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Man sorry to hear.. stay positive and strong!!

DWC

Reaction score
whoa.....not sure what to say! Obviously if you need anything let us know, here or havasu. Surgery is/was today?.
Thanks Steve. Yeah, they just finished a 9hour operation. Talked to both surgeons and everything went as planned. Hoping to get her home Sunday. Don’t think we’ll back back in the Can Am anytime real soon but hope to be back out in a few weeks.
Heading home to drink a glass of wine until the bottle is gone. :oops:

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Life throws shit at us when least expected.

Glad to hear you caught it early and good wishes for a quick recovery for your wife

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
All my best to you and your wife!!! Kick it’s ass. We are here for ya... both!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nowski

Reaction score
Thinking of you, your family and most importantly you wife. Prayers Sent...

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
DWC, my thoughts and prayers are with your wife and family also.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Thanks Steve. Yeah, they just finished a 9hour operation. Talked to both surgeons and everything went as planned. Hoping to get her home Sunday. Don’t think we’ll back back in the Can Am anytime real soon but hope to be back out in a few weeks.
Heading home to drink a glass of wine until the bottle is gone. :oops:
9 hours....wow.

Reactions: DLC

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Keep positive no matter how hard it can be, because it will keep you and your wife going. Please keep us posted.

riverroyal

Reaction score
9 hours of intense focus on your feet. I cant do 1 hour.
Doctors are a special group for sure.

DLC

Reaction score
That is crazy it’s a 9 hour deal! Glad it went as Planned!

STEPH IS A FIGHTER AND SHE WILL KNOCK THIS CRAP OUT OF THE PARK!!! That’s a long day ! Relax TONIGHT !!! Rest up! you’ll be on tomorrow!

Cheers!

Joe mama

Reaction score
Prayers sent to your wife and family. They have come along way at beating breast cancer.

gqchris

Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers for you and Steph, Don! If you need Anything, no matter how big or small, please let me know!