WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Why do we drive performance boats?

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
It's one of the last places where you can run flat out to the top of your skill level or wallet....no limits.

For people with the addiction to LOUD and FAST things...nothing beats the sound of blower surge from a big block.

I get so amped up it feels like I am at Magic Mountain the first time ever...drowning in adrenaline!

She's Mine

Reaction score
I don't think it matters if you grew up with a performance boat or a fishing boat or no boat at all. Once you've been in a boat it gets in your blood. Personally I grew up with finishing boats and been to Catalina more times before I was 10 then most people go in their lifetime.

It really depends on the type of person you are. I for one am an adrenaline junky. I love the feeling the freedom of being on the water and the wind blowing thru what little hair I have left at any speed. I find the older I get the less water sports I do but I still love and desire to be on the water meeting new people, talking with old friends and everyone having a common interest.

But when it is time to head back to the launch ramp at the end of the day there is no better feeling then rolling with your homies 2, 3 or 4 deep at 80 - 100 mph enjoying the moment and getting your soul back to Zen so we can manage our weekly lives and stress.

Performance boating is a way of life, it is something that those that experience it know it and those that haven't experienced it wonder what the attraction is. Basically those that know know and those that don't don't.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
I grew up boating and the lake, on a boat, is my favorite place to be. I just love boats and the scene out here in the West Coast. Loud, colorful, fast and beautiful women. I like to go fast (well, fast for me and my wife) on our new deckboat. It's certainly not triple digit fast but it does just fine by us. Plus we have plenty of room for family and friends. Being on the boat out in the lake is my zen.

Boatymcboatface

Reaction score
I think it’s kinda the same thing when I tell people I have a tournament ski boat and they see it and ask how fast does it go! I tell them it’s for a flat wake at 36mph. They look at me weird and don’t understand how a chevy V8 in a 19ft boat that only ways 2500lbs would go so slow.

gqchris

Reaction score
My answer is simple, because when I am operating my boat, buggy or sportscar, the ONLY thing I am thinking about is that at the moment is THAT!. Nothing else! No work, No Cell Phone, just the machine!

That doesn't happen for me with anything else. I have realized that i need that in my life at least every 30 days MAX.

riverroyal

Reaction score
we went from a Magic deck with normal power to a toon with normal power. For me the toon is not the same. I like it, dont love it. Boring to drive, great to ride on.
Ive struggle to be 'happy' just being on the water with the toon. Dont get me wrong, I love boating and family/wife time. But POWER boating is not the same as boating.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Gas Station

Pretty boat.
Thank you.
Guess that’s what they call a speedboat.
Yep, flat bottom.
Huh, Bet it uses a lot of gas.
Not really, holds ten gallons.
Huh, goes pretty fast?
Kind of, bout 90 or so.
Huh, but only 2 seats.
Yep.
Huh, why is this one backwards with a pedal?
To watch a skier and hold yourself in.
Huh, you waterski with this. No seatbelts?
Yep.
Huh, At 90 mph?
Pretty close sometimes.
Huh, What are those pedals for?
Gas, up, and down.
Huh, up and down?
Yep.
Huh, quizzical pause. Well you have a good weekend, thanks for answering my questions.
Thanks for your interest, you have a good one too.
Thanks

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
I think it’s kinda the same thing when I tell people I have a tournament ski boat and they see it and ask how fast does it go! I tell them it’s for a flat wake at 36mph. They look at me weird and don’t understand how a chevy V8 in a 19ft boat that only ways 2500lbs would go so slow.

Yeah but how fast is the skier going...

😉

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I’m sitting right now, hit 81 mph between Windsor and the channel though...

3287571C-30A8-482D-B0A8-95D61B34D293.jpeg

welldigger00

Reaction score
My whole thing is that I absolutely fucking hate money. And financial security. And my children’s college fund. The only reasonable way for me to get rid off all these things is a blown v drive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your ad here

Reaction score
I just love to drive the boat. Being a passanger is fun to... Everyone has their style of what they want. I like the 21 RC boats and has to be a Big Block Chevy power and I'm a Ford guy. Had a 21 Commander jet and it was a blast to drive. Not much into towing anything behind the boat.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...Well yeah... they’re used to be this... this was 12 years ago...this is the boat I sit next to when I’m outside of my garage with the door open listening to vinyl...Obviously I am no Tony Scarlata...the second half of this video was done on seven cylinders...I had walked up to my truck to get a sandwich and there is a possibility that some angry fisherman may have pulled a plug wire???...Dunno ???...

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
...Well yeah... they’re used to be this... this was 12 years ago...this is the boat I sit next to when I’m outside of my garage with the door open listening to vinyl...

V-drive whine....

Reactions: DWC

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
I gotta ask...

How old are you???

Your general consensus is WAY off the mark. What you are referring to is called a drag boat. Goes fast in a straight line and nothing else.

Ever heard of Stoker? Those hulls turn like they are on a rail. If you're not holding on, your gonna be in the drink, when the driver whips the steering wheel and you ain't paying attention!

Pretty much any v-drive will be the same way. The best part of pulling a Real skiier is when he falls. Whip the wheel, wot, and you race back to see if he's ok.

Lots of hulls turn, and turn harder than most cars will. Straight lines, for the most part, are boring. Unless you're 100+ of course. 😉

Maybe a wake boat is fun. But if you're judging fun, by the company you keep? You don't even need a boat for that, right? Any old campfire will do!

Performance boats are for those of us that are adrenaline junkies. We live for that rush. We crave that feeling.

Shredding a dune, carving a perfect turn, on whatever moves you. Feeling the wind flapping your cheeks, once the speedo moves past 80. It's the rush that does it for me. View attachment 988522

Adrenaline is the drug of choice for a lot of us on here. It would be hard to get high doing 35mph on the water.

I feel the need...
Not just a like I give you a FUCK YEAH!!

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
If you seriously have to ponder this c'mon. You should just go back to owning a run of the mill boat.

Not trying to be a dick but I was always pushing the shit out of my crownline when I owned it. My cookie cutter boat wasn't gonna cut it.

All dock crushers are cookie cutters too. If you have to ask yourself why do I own this boat maybe you should take up halo skydiving or play Russian roulette because I get the shakes every time I cut loose on any one of my machines and push it and myself. But that's just me you are you and you got big balls and I would proudly shake your hand if you don't feel the same way when your boat gets out of the water and starts to skip.

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
It was his uncle, not him.
He struggled to answer the question... I could give a million reasons why on the spot even if the weren't related...

Like it's fun to scare fish, it makes me smile to see everyone's cheeks flapping on their face, to see if I can make my boat go faster up river than down, because there's potentially a little boy on the shore out there playing with his toy boat saying hell yeah in his head when I go by or theres an adult woman who just had her panties melted when I revved my motor. I don't know just anything

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
Heck saying "BECAUSE I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS! I DEMAND RESPECT!" would have worked

Water Romper

Reaction score
Why own a performance boat? Deep Subject- Why have a annual pass to Disneyland, Why have a off road vehicle, why own a golf cart, why own a $1200 shotgun to shoot trap and skeet, why go metal detecting and prospecting- and on and on- Because its FUN!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Why own a performance boat? Deep Subject- Why have a annual pass to Disneyland, Why have a off road vehicle, why own a golf cart, why own a $1200 shotgun to shoot trap and skeet, why go metal detecting and prospecting- and on and on- Because its FUN!!

1200.00 for a trap/skeet gun? Jezzz, what a tightwad! 😁

cuz_im_CR

Reaction score
We have a 28 magic and a Malibu wakesetter. The wakesetter is a everyone has fun boat except the driver. It is by far the most boring thing I’ve ever driven but you can have fun all day in one small area surfing/wakeboarding/tubing

Magic is probably more fun for the driver. I like to go fast. Passengers have a good time because we are going fast but are wind blown and aren’t doing anything other then sitting staring forward listening to music or the loud motor.

What I’ve learned is it’s hard to have just one boat. So we have both. I think everyone loves both boats equally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: DWC