WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Jack Smith Launch Slurry Seal

thedan

Reaction score
I just drove into town and at 4pm today, Friday 4/2/2021, I went to buy my annual pass, and the launch was closed and they appeared to be slurry sealing the whole parking lot. I cannot find anything about this online. I was hoping to take the boat out Sunday. Anyone have any info? Thanks.

• Wow
Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
What a weekend to choose? All off-season and they picked this weekend For

BigMike

Reaction score
I just drove into town and at 4pm today, Friday 4/2/2021, I went to buy my annual pass, and the launch was closed and they appeared to be slurry sealing the whole parking lot. I cannot find anything about this online. I was hoping to take the boat out Sunday. Anyone have any info? Thanks.
Same situation. Went to launch and buy annual pass and saw the closed signs. Launched at Needles Marina instead for more money ($20) with a dirt road and dirt parking lot

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Now if they’d widen and repair the road in and out of there. We got pass 68, and last year had pass 277 or so, our pass this year was their 12,000’th dollars, last year 48,000$, and we all know more were purchased.
Would also be nice to see them clean the beach up some, the rocks are getting out of control as well the idiots parked up on the beach at the launch. Ez up chairs and kids swimming and throwing rocks.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
It’s open. They’ve got guys out here in vests that appear to be helping people park (no lines painted)

thedan

Reaction score
Went by at 8 and picked up my pass. Thanks!

DWC

Reaction score
That may be needed all the time.... 🤣🤣🤣the way some park they need a lot of help.
That’s no lie. The last few times there i parked in the dirt by the shack. The lot is a little tight and people really don’t worry about straightening out their trailer..

D19

Reaction score
Now if they’d widen and repair the road in and out of there. We got pass 68, and last year had pass 277 or so, our pass this year was their 12,000’th dollars, last year 48,000$, and we all know more were purchased.
Would also be nice to see them clean the beach up some, the rocks are getting out of control as well the idiots parked up on the beach at the launch. Ez up chairs and kids swimming and throwing rocks.

If they could keep local kids from using the docks as a skateboard ramp and diving board that would be awesome too.

The swim beach needs to go. They should cater to what brings in money/best use of the facility. The water is gross to let your kids swim in anyways.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
That’s no lie. The last few times there i parked in the dirt by the shack. The lot is a little tight and people really don’t worry about straightening out their trailer..
Today was a group of assholes on 3 wheelers and quads using the dirt lot as a donut shop!
If they could keep local kids from using the docks as a skateboard ramp and diving board that would be awesome too.

The swim beach needs to go. They should cater to what brings in money/best use of the facility. The water is gross to let your kids swim in anyways.
I agree, but still don’t think I’d be excited to park in that area. It’s a mud vs a sand, as well those little thorn sob’s. There’s a group of large rocks that i believe came from the jetti, a few are a few feet off shore, just barely missed one today. I’m planning to call the City Parks and Rec this coming week.

Was two truck, both with’s River Whip decals, parked directly at the no parking lane wiping their boats down 🤷🏼🤦🏼
However the wipe down lane was designed backwards as well. Pull up to wipe boat and pull plugs etc. and now all that water is in the front of your boat. We typically loop around and park nose high, but on busier weekends it gets hard.

• Sad