WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Covid vaccine personal info

Big B Hova

HOSS
Reaction score
Got my phizer shot on Thursday afternoon. Friday felt normal., but felt super tired after work. Typical bump on arm. Saturday kinda tired. Arm super sore at injection site. I actually felt the microchip enter my skin when they poked me.....

C-2

Reaction score
I saw a clip on the news today, a 105-year old lady in Rosemead got her second Pfizer shot without any issues. She has lived thru 2 Pandemics :eek:

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
163197507_10222366577207557_6243027591835983237_n.jpg

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Overthinking, yes when it comes to both medical science and practice, I tend to give my participation a lot of consideration. My trust for those in the profession is not blind, or given lightly, it's highly measured on an absolutely 'As necessary' basis. 👍
I'm more just curious on what basis those in charge of making such decisions will make their decisions. If I receive the vaccine now, then again in the summer, fall, winter, a year from now ? I thought it odd that an older neighbor and his wife, both whom had gotten COVID maybe 8 weeks ago max, both received vaccinations. I thought they'd already have acquired an immunity that would last far longer than only 2 months.
I understand you want some certainty and don't discount that fact at all. I'm generally the type who won't go to doc unless I feel like I might be dieing(slightly embellished).
In this case I do have an older brother in this field of medical expertise and trust his opinion without hesitation. He's not going to administer something to me, his 4 children, wife, friends or other family members if he had any reservations.
You have to make your own decisions on what's best for you as I did with info provided to me by someone I trust wholeheartedly.
If I needed Sparky info I'd trust what you have to say but at same time I'd seek supporting info that was in line with what you had said before making a decision. So as I said, I understand your need for certainty and in no way am I trying to persuade you, it's just a touch of friendly encouragement. 🙂

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... Friend of mine lives in Palos Verdes Estates... is not hurting for money ...he is on two lists in the South Bay and waiting in line for his Covid shot... He is 75 years old ...in his research the only places that would take him right away were in south-central Los Angeles ...well he’s not a wimp but he does not want to go to South Central... I am in the East San Fernando Valley... I called my medical clinic and they set me up for next day deal...Which was in the basement of Pacifica Hospital... kind of ghetto but I got my first shot...Dunno???...

Taboma

Reaction score
I understand you want some certainty and don't discount that fact at all. I'm generally the type who won't go to doc unless I feel like I might be dieing(slightly embellished).
In this case I do have an older brother in this field of medical expertise and trust his opinion without hesitation. He's not going to administer something to me, his 4 children, wife, friends or other family members if he had any reservations.
You have to make your own decisions on what's best for you as I did with info provided to me by someone I trust wholeheartedly.
If I needed Sparky info I'd trust what you have to say but at same time I'd seek supporting info that was in line with what you had said before making a decision. So as I said, I understand your need for certainty and in no way am I trying to persuade you, it's just a touch of friendly encouragement. 🙂

What I'm trying to ascertain is, which flavor ? P, M, or J&J ? Although two are similar, one may offer a longevity advantage, both P & M seem to offer more protection than J&J while requiring two doses.
Which San Diego site offers less exposure ( Walk in vs drive up) or is better managed ? Early on there were some 5 hour bullshit waits due to the assclowns showing up with no appointment.
Area, again, more sites are opening closer to home. My age places me at higher risk, but it's balanced by a low-risk lifestyle which has to date kept both my wife and I from harm's way. I don't want to place myself in a crowded public high exposure environment to get the vaccine.

It's not a matter of "IF" I'll accept the vaccination, it's a matter of which one, when and where. 😁

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I got my vaccine Tuesday because of underlying health conditions. I had zero side effects and quite frankly if they didn't put a band-aid on my arm I would have had no idea where they did it. I had/have zero arm pain. I got Pfizer.

C-2

Reaction score
Our friend, who is a 60-year old white female and in good shape with no health conditions, got COVID 2-months back. It put her in bed for about a week, it was during the spike; otherwise, she would have gone to the hospital.

She got her first Moderna shot without issue. Last week she got her second shot and we talked with her over the phone shortly thereafter and she was fine. But apparently she got sicker than a dog later that night. Sick for a day and then bam, just as fast as she got sick - it went away.

C-2

Reaction score
I got my vaccine Tuesday because of underlying health conditions. I had zero side effects and quite frankly if they didn't put a band-aid on my arm I would have had no idea where they did it. I had/have zero arm pain. I got Pfizer.

Like you, my first shot I didn't even feel. The second shot stung and my arm was really sore for about a day.

I think it's the person giving the shot...

Taboma

Reaction score
Our friend, who is a 60-year old white female and in good shape with no health conditions, got COVID 2-months back. It put her in bed for about a week, it was during the spike; otherwise, she would have gone to the hospital.

She got her first Moderna shot without issue. Last week she got her second shot and we talked with her over the phone shortly thereafter and she was fine. But apparently she got sicker than a dog later that night. Sick for a day and then bam, just as fast as she got sick - it went away.

Curious, maybe you know. Like your friend, one of my older ( 70-ish) neighbors and his wife got the Rona a few months ago. I heard they also recently were vaccinated, I'm wondering why ? I thought having had the virus offered some period of immunity, assumed it was longer than just two or three months ?

C-2

Reaction score
Curious, maybe you know. Like your friend, one of my older ( 70-ish) neighbors and his wife got the Rona a few months ago. I heard they also recently were vaccinated, I'm wondering why ? I thought having had the virus offered some period of immunity, assumed it was longer than just two or three months ?

I don't know the answer to that question.

She got a vaccine because she is worried about the mutations.

On a related note, I read they used LA healthcare workers to study the vaccine's efficacy against infection, and out 15K vaccinations, 7 got COVID.

Screenshot 2021-03-26 082022.png

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I find it strange the Spanish Flu pandemic of 1919 was never mentioned throughout my schooling. My brother graduated, a history major, from UCSB. He also said there was no mention of that pandemic, ever.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
2nd shot of Pfizer yesterday. Got tired and went to bed early. No issues this morning. Arm is sore, expected, and feel a bit like I could use more sleep but that’s it. Pleasantly surprised.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I find it strange the Spanish Flu pandemic of 1919 was never mentioned throughout my schooling. My brother graduated, a history major, from UCSB. He also said there was no mention of that pandemic, ever.

President Trump also never publicly spoke of 1919.His Grandfather was a early generation of the Trump family we see today.Trump Grandfather died in the 1919 pandemic of Spanish Flu,49 years of age.Strong guy,took him out in just a few days of being sick.

havasuhusker

Reaction score
I got the Pfizer shot (#1) on Sunday. It did increase my blood pressure/heart rate a bit, which I don't respond well too. As I was sitting in the 15 minute detention area, I had a bit of an anxiety attack. They had me pull over next to the ambulance and confirmed my BP was a bit high. I ended up going home and I laid down. My wife made me wear her smart watch so she could check my heart rate. After about 30 minutes of laying down, I went outside in the sun and washed my wife's car. I felt fine after that and we ended up going to the lake.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Mom got her 2nd Pfizer shot last week. Almost 81 years old with diabetes.

Besides a little bit of a sore arm, no reactions.

I had not planned on getting vaccinated. Already had the Wuhan flu and survived. I have a visit planned to see my mom in August and she just floated that she would like me to be vaccinated before the visit. I tried explaining that me being vaccinated doesn’t really benefit her really. She is still thinking about it but I am torn...pretty sure I will get it if she pushes it but don’t really want to.

4Waters

Reaction score
Wife is 40 I am 45 both of us are in reasonably good health.

We both got the Johnson and Johnson yesterday at 4:30. Our arms were sore for about an hour and that was it, we went to bed and woke up feeling fine no issues at all.

C-2

Reaction score
83-year old MIL with cancer received her second Moderna shot on Wednesday - nodda, no no sore arm, not tired.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
4 days into the second shot is what took me out.
I was surprised I woke up the next morning (day 5) without a tag on my toe.

Christopher Lucero

Reaction score
wow. sounds like you actually got the rona itself. you might try to see if your doc is interested in collecting your serum
surprised I woke up
^^^^because you said that^^^^^

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Odd, 4 days after the 2nd Pfizer my arm hurt so bad I could barely lift it. Thought I just slept funny. Maybe it was an immune response.

4Waters

Reaction score
Good Luck, can't find one good reason to trust our Government right now, check back in a couple years and let me know how those shots worked out....
That's why I chose the J&J, it's not completely experimental it's almost completely flu vaccine technology that has been being used for 40 years or more.

I do understand what you are saying.

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Good Luck, can't find one good reason to trust our Government right now, check back in a couple years and let me know how those shots worked out....
Will do. For me, the benefits outweigh any risk. This technology, I feel, is going to be the way of the future. They have been talking for years on coming up with treatments using the body’s own defense mechanism to fight disease, cancer, diabetes, etc. Hopefully it works out and benefits all. They already made a new vaccine using it for malaria which is a game changer for 3rd world population infant mortality rates. Maybe my younger days as a punk rock anti social allows me to embrace change more readily. Not afraid to take a chance.

Last edited:

Paradox

Known Inmate #27012
Reaction score
Got my 2nd Moderna shot yesterday afternoon and am having some trouble this Morning. Nauserous, minor fever and chills. I’m thinking it will pass today based on what others have experience.

USMC2010

Reaction score
I just found out yesterday that I have the antibodies. I guess I've had it and didn't know. I was sick but nothing really out of the normal for my annual cold. Doesn't change a single thing for me, I still won't be getting any shots.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Has everyone been all good after the first Pfizer shot?

Riverside County just opened to all 16+. I thought we'd wait but seeing how many spots were open, I assumed those that wanted it real bad had plenty of opportunity.

Getting it tomorrow and then heading out to Vegas Friday afternoon. So hopefully no side effects longer than 48 hours.

Last edited:

BTR

2 Girls, 1 Wallet
Reaction score
Has everyone been all good after first Pfizer shot?

Riverside just opened to all 16+. I thought we'd wait but seeing how many spots were open, I assumed those that wanted it real bad had plenty of opportunity.

Getting it tomorrow and then heading out to Vegas Friday afternoon. So hopefully no side effects longer than 48 hours.
Just a sore arm.

C-2

Reaction score
Just a sore arm.

X2

Riverside County has it together on the vaccine. I am about to set an appointment for my 18-year old daughter.

My 78-year old mother received her first Moderna this morning in Utah - so far, so good.

Ladsm

Reaction score
I have an appt to get the single J&J shot on Sunday. Started a new job with Amazon this week and will be travelling alot so I dont want to have to deal with the whole passport BS, Just getting it done and over with.

NicPaus

Reaction score
... Friend of mine lives in Palos Verdes Estates... is not hurting for money ...he is on two lists in the South Bay and waiting in line for his Covid shot... He is 75 years old ...in his research the only places that would take him right away were in south-central Los Angeles ...well he’s not a wimp but he does not want to go to South Central... I am in the East San Fernando Valley... I called my medical clinic and they set me up for next day deal...Which was in the basement of Pacifica Hospital... kind of ghetto but I got my first shot...Dunno???...
Was he able to get it? PVE is my old stomping grounds. Lots of places around here to get it. No lines from what I hear at a few.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
... Got my second Maderna shot today...The first time there were a bunch of people in line... this time there were only two of us???... little tiny sore spot on my shoulder...
...After the shot I did the same thing as last time... I went out sightseeing... went up into the canyon where I spotted that 52 Buick converted into a pick up truck... today I found somebody that’s got a pretty nice stash of Cadillac convertible’s👍.,,
B8316760-FA66-49C0-B1C6-7F710D24337B.jpeg
6E2E6E28-7D2D-42AB-928C-DE5B01AC6582.jpeg
15EC4FBA-4604-4166-8FF6-6612A32007D1.jpeg

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Was he able to get it? PVE is my old stomping grounds. Lots of places around here to get it. No lines from what I hear at a few.
..,I don’t know...I haven’t talk to him recently???..,

NicPaus

Reaction score
..,I don’t know...I haven’t talk to him recently???..,
If he still is looking I can ask. My GF brother recently got his second. Said took less than 2 minutes from arrival to on his way home.

I forgot to post back on other thread. My Uncle property in Berry creek survived the fire. It stopped at his barn. Hope you are getting properly compensated from insurance on that ordeal.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
If he still is looking I can ask. My GF brother recently got his second. Said took less than 2 minutes from arrival to on his way home.

I forgot to post back on other thread. My Uncle property in Berry creek survived the fire. It stopped at his barn. Hope you are getting properly compensated from insurance on that ordeal.
...I got paid...now the hold up is the EPA and the phase 2 of the debris clean up...not sure how long thats gonna take???...

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I had not planned on getting vaccinated. Already had the Wuhan flu and survived. I have a visit planned to see my mom in August and she just floated that she would like me to be vaccinated before the visit. I tried explaining that me being vaccinated doesn’t really benefit her really. She is still thinking about it but I am torn...pretty sure I will get it if she pushes it but don’t really want to.

Same with my MIL. Wife hasn't seen her in 1-1/2 yrs because of covid. She lives in Oregon. She told my wife not to come if she didn't get vaccinated. (She is very liberal). So my wife got the JJ. She then talked about coming to see our TN house and wanted to know if I got the vaccine. She told her no. She said then she won't come unless I get it. Well guess who isn't coming to my house. LOL Screw her for trying to force me to get it. She is 90 so I guess I won't ever see her again, which is to bad, because over all was a pretty good MIL. Only issue was she is so liberal, so we never talked politics.

BajaMike

Reaction score
My girlfriend and I have had the first and second Pfizer vaccines. I didnt even feel either shot, no sore arm, no side effects. Girlfriend had a sore arm for 24 hours after second shot, no other side effects.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Same with my MIL. Wife hasn't seen her in 1-1/2 yrs because of covid. She lives in Oregon. She told my wife not to come if she didn't get vaccinated. (She is very liberal). So my wife got the JJ. She then talked about coming to see our TN house and wanted to know if I got the vaccine. She told her no. She said then she won't come unless I get it. Well guess who isn't coming to my house. LOL Screw her for trying to force me to get it. She is 90 so I guess I won't ever see her again, which is to bad, because over all was a pretty good MIL. Only issue was she is so liberal, so we never talked politics.
My mom voted for Trump. Lol
Living in Michigan probably has something to do with it.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I am 36 hours post 2nd Moderna shot with no side efrects at all, not even a sore arm. I did load up on water starting 2 days prior. About 110 oz per day.

I didn't sleep well last night (woke up every hour or so), so I was a little tired this morning. A couple cups of coffee, and I was good to go today. I will post up if anything happens tomorrow.

Sent From Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I had Covid over Thanksgiving. Got the first shot today. Honestly, I didn't even feel the needle. It must be really fine. So far no issues. I'm drinking lots of water. I was a little leery since I had the Chinese Bat Fever already, but the nurse said if it has been 90 days then no worries.

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Wife and I got the first Pfizer shot at an old Sears location off Streeter Ave in Riverside.

We probably should've waited until CVS opened to 16+ because it was a clusterfuck.

Arrived about 1027 for a 1030-1100 appointment. We weren't out of there until 1150. We weren't really prepared for it to take almost 2.5 hours round trip.

Oh yeah, so far all good. They use a tiny gauge needle. You don't even feel it. It was probably the easiest shot I've ever received.